Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: After the Glory days have Gone...

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Default After the Glory days have Gone...

Well, it really is backs to the wall time. Thank God there is no relegation this season as I would be seriously worried about our ability to win enough games to,"stay up".
    Yes, we have had our fair share of injuries, but our defence which was once so mean appears to be paper thin, you only haver to look at the victories we scraped against Hull and Wakefield to see this. Furthermore, our forward pack has been depleted by a moment of madness by Fas, what was he thinking?
    I really don't know where we go from hear. I think we have hit rock bottom, and I really think we will struggle next weekend, a win might be an unexpected result.
    We need to take stock, appoint a new coach ASAP, and give him sufficient tim to build for next season...
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cullen's Diatribe
    Well, it really is backs to the wall time. Thank God there is no relegation this season as I would be seriously worried about our ability to win enough games to,"stay up".
    Surely that is an exaggeration?
    We've been very very poor in defence this season but to say we're in a relegation battle is outrageous and ridiculous.
    Look at the team we have here; almost exactly the same side that were World Champions. I can't believe you actually think we might finish bottom of the pile. It's our away form we need to worry about along with our defence; we'll finish in the top 6 but whereabouts is another matter.

you'd swear we'd of lost to leeds by 30 points. Give over with the relegation, super leagues a lot closer this year, few slip ups and you can fnd yourself bottom, few wins and you do a wigan and your 3rd or 4th wherever they are.

Its like the current Darts premier league, wayne mardle put 4 wins together he's now 4th in the table lol

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Saints
    you'd swear we'd of lost to leeds by 30 points. Give over with the relegation, super leagues a lot closer this year, few slip ups and you can fnd yourself bottom, few wins and you do a wigan and your 3rd or 4th wherever they are.

Its like the current Darts premier league, wayne mardle put 4 wins together he's now 4th in the table lol

REPLY:-DEFENSIVE FRAILITY= YOUR GOING TO LOSE MORE OFTEN THAN YOU WIN(HOW MANY POINTS WOULD WE HAVE IF WE WOULDN'TY HAVE SNEAKED PAST WAKEFIELD AND HULL IN GAMES THAT WE LEAKED TOO MANY POINTS?).
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

In The South Stand

The fact that the coach announced his intentions to go back home the end of the season, and the chairman "going with what we have" has in reality destroyed our season.
    It is reflected in the attitude against the lower clubs, were players are not putting in the effort in.
    Last edited by doghead; 6th April 2008 at 18:27.

Got A Season Ticket

Im sick of the injury excuses now! we still have over half a dozen internationals / ex / SOO players in that team. It's time to wield the axe. Eastmond on the wing can't be as bad as Meli, Tyrer will not make it at this grade, defence is abysmal. At home we can put it together. On our travels we are very poor.......I'l take top 6 now, thank god they moved the C Cup back, we'd be out by now........Is it a bright future? they talk about the golden generation for England, are our youth as good as people keep saying.?? McManus told a good friend of mine in the summer that everything depends on the youth for now, we have no money and will have non until the stadium gets of the ground??? It's a good job we've been gud for 10years, cling onto those memories, our days have gone..........

Its like the current Darts premier league, wayne mardle put 4 wins together he's now 4th in the table lol[/quote]
    ---------------------------------------------------

Whats Darts got to do with Rugby

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Roberts
    It's a good job we've been gud for 10years, cling onto those memories, our days have gone..........
    Talk about knee jerk reaction. Our poor form at the moment has no bearing on what we're going to be like next season and the next after that. If anything it can only make the youngsters mentally stronger for the years ahead.

We are struggling with injuries, like it or not. And whilst it's wrong to use them as an excuse, there's no escaping the fact that not playing with a settled team isn't helping.

Got A Season Ticket

your right, calmed down now, I was livid tho, gettin beat by CAS!!!

See comments on Devils Advocate...maybe gud days gone for a while, but with a bit of investment and a few current changes things might not be to bad.............hears hopin....Ive kept the Wigan game on Sky+ I'll watch that every week instead.....

Starting A Programme Collection Saints Alive's Avatar

Hardly time to panic, so we might not win anything this year it wont be the first time in SL that thats happened.

SL 3 (1998) was a dire year, on the back of two sucessful years (2 CC 1 SL)
    We really suffered due to injuries but we came back and SL 4 & 5 saw us return to win back to back SL (1999, 2000) and subsequent years have proved to be some of the best in the cubs history

It could now be time to clear out the deadwood and blood the youngsters and reap the beneifits over future seasons.

We will make the six at the end of the season but I wont be booking a GF ticket just yet!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

The Saints will probably win their next 4 or 5 games as they are against teams that are doing well and are 'big games'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Noooobie

Every side has a bad patch gettin a few defeats in row am just glad its now were having our's. We'll finish in top 6 and come strong we always do remember saints always play there best rugby wen the sunshine is out. But maybe saints need a bad season 2 give every1 a kick in the teeth and maybe you no being in this situation it mite just put another 1000 people in kr on friday cuz it will be a tough test with us being under pressure to get the 2 points and quins flying high. Alls i'll say is come on u saints ill be behind you no matter

Quote Originally Posted by saints_87
    Every side has a bad patch gettin a few defeats in row am just glad its now were having our's. We'll finish in top 6 and come strong we always do remember saints always play there best rugby wen the sunshine is out. But maybe saints need a bad season 2 give every1 a kick in the teeth and maybe you no being in this situation it mite just put another 1000 people in kr on friday cuz it will be a tough test with us being under pressure to get the 2 points and quins flying high. Alls i'll say is come on u saints ill be behind you no matter
    You are joking, we have the most fickle fans ever. Be lucky to get 8000. Even in 2006 when it was a great summer and we had 4 defeats all season, we still had some s*** crowds at home.

People will still be watching the game on Sky from a pub round the corner from the ground. Have said this a million times now, if we had been fighting relegation like Wigan were a few years ago, we would have been lucky to average 4000 at home.