Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thoughts on the Hull KR game

Quote Originally Posted by gaza
    just read teletext wilkin out 4 2 mounths willie t out calt strain maurie out 6 weeks broken thumb season 1 week old 5 players on sidelines
    No need to panic - yet - We could do a Bradford and come good in the second half of the season. :eek:

Starting A Programme Collection Legendary Supporter's Avatar

IMHO if ref had told Sts after pen there was only one play then we did the right thing by backing Tyrer by going for goal.

Long'y disallowed try was correct. One of the tackles of the season by Cocayne.

HKR's winning penalty was never a penalty. Watch it on Boots n All tomorrow

Injuries are a worry as they are for all sides. Warrington now is a massive game and if we lose we could easily lose at Bradford in Rd3 and be nought and three. Wolves will deffo now be confident given that they believe they've got a great side this season. We can still beat them though even with two or three reserves and some great home support. S lets get down to KR and support the team!

Have just watched Boots n All online and have to say that Gilly's ball carrying arm did hit the deck and the tackle was complete. He passed it from the floor so the decision was correct IMO.

If the try had stood it would have been one of the best tries ever. Talk about keeping the ball alive. It was like "Wide to west" all over again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stu M
    Have just watched Boots n All online and have to say that Gilly's ball carrying arm did hit the deck and the tackle was complete. He passed it from the floor so the decision was correct IMO.

If the try had stood it would have been one of the best tries ever. Talk about keeping the ball alive. It was like "Wide to west" all over again.
    Spot on. I also thought there was a hint of a knock on from Gilly as well. I really dont know what the fuss is about over the decision, it looks a reasonable call to me where most people have been making out that it was an outrageous decision. A shame really because that try was sensational.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest
    Spot on. I also thought there was a hint of a knock on from Gilly as well. I really dont know what the fuss is about over the decision, it looks a reasonable call to me where most people have been making out that it was an outrageous decision. A shame really because that try was sensational.
    I just don't see where the tackle was complete. Both dived for the ball, so where was the intent to make a tackle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator
    I just don't see where the tackle was complete. Both dived for the ball, so where was the intent to make a tackle?
    I may be wrong but I dont think there needs to be intent. If Gilmour was on the ground and the ball carrying arm was on the ground and an opposition player was touching him then its a tackle...isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest

I guess he ' fuss' is about the time and place when you BELIEVE you have been robbed watching it live. Sometimes with hindsight you were wrong ( and I have not seen it since).

A bit like the Mark Elia try at Wembley in 87 when we all came away convinced he had scored a legitimate try.

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    I guess he ' fuss' is about the time and place when you BELIEVE you have been robbed watching it live. Sometimes with hindsight you were wrong ( and I have not seen it since).

A bit like the Mark Elia try at Wembley in 87 when we all came away convinced he had scored a legitimate try.
    KC scored a great try in the 2002 Muryfield disaster final
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2002
    KC scored a great try in the 2002 Muryfield disaster final

Not watched that debacle since either !!

Starting A Programme Collection Burnley Saint's Avatar

Totally convinced it wa a legitimate try, both went for the ball and gidley got it. The kr players's hand was on the ball. ROBBED

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Default Saints disallowed try v Hull KR

Watching bootsnall before and it showed u the clip. I can't understand why the linesman made that decision, lee gilmour has to be tackled for the play to finish and he wasnt, the hull player was going for the ball anyhow and so there was no pressure on gilmour, yes his ball carrying arm had hit the floor but if there is no one applying downward pressure on him then its play on unless of course they have introduced a new rule I would of loved to of seen that try aswell, 14 passes in all and according to stevo it was better than the wide 2 west try

on a lighter note loved it when tony rea said that pa'aleasina was rubbish lol

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon
    Watching bootsnall before and it showed u the clip. I can't understand why the linesman made that decision, lee gilmour has to be tackled for the play to finish and he wasnt, the hull player was going for the ball anyhow and so there was no pressure on gilmour, yes his ball carrying arm had hit the floor but if there is no one applying downward pressure on him then its play on unless of course they have introduced a new rule I would of loved to of seen that try aswell, 14 passes in all and according to stevo it was better than the wide 2 west try

on a lighter note loved it when tony rea said that pa'aleasina was rubbish lol

It wasn't a try,end of story.
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Learning All The Songs THELAST3YARDS's Avatar

Not seen the replay as yet.

Need to move on though!