Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Warrington V Hull

Banned

Default Warrington V Hull

20-14 to Warrington Half-Time.

Learning All The Songs Knight Shadow's Avatar

Warrington 26 - 14 Hull Fc

latest scores on the doors, rather interesting and wonder if the wire have found there bite after YEARS of barking at us
    Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not fully understand,
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

I AM DYSLEXIC SO I HAVE BAD SPELLING, thank you

Knight Shadow...now with fire fox spell check! thanks guys and ladies!

Learning All The Songs BubbleSheep's Avatar

Bridge try to seal the win. 5 mins left. So much for my predictions on Oztips :eek:

Starting A Programme Collection saint billy's Avatar

They struggled and only just overcome a very much weakened Hull side. Same old Warrington this year, i expect.

Learning All The Songs Knight Shadow's Avatar

Warrington 32 - 20 Hull Fc

FULL TIME my chuff the wire have won something is wrong with the world lol
    Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not fully understand,
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

I AM DYSLEXIC SO I HAVE BAD SPELLING, thank you

Knight Shadow...now with fire fox spell check! thanks guys and ladies!

Banned

Warrington played really well in the first half but tailed off a bit in the second half. They'll probably make the play-offs and I expect them to have a good cup run.

Quote Originally Posted by dufc4
    Warrington played really well in the first half but tailed off a bit in the second half. They'll probably make the play-offs and I expect them to have a good cup run.
    I hope they tail off against us next friday

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oldun
    I hope they tail off against us next friday
    Hope so mate they didn't look great when they were put under a bit of pressure. If Long plays well I see Bridge having a nightmare.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

high bombs will cause them problems, pennys postioning is awful and lets hope pryce and long can take advantage of this. TBH their pack isnt all up 2 scratch either, rauhihi is old and slow, morley loses it to often and ben westwood is distinctly average, jon clarke rarley causes problems at dummy half, we should win the forward battle quite comfortably, then its down 2 pryce and long 2 weave their magic

monoghan is a quality buy but if we close him down (flannery/wilkin for the job) then they have 2 rely more on lee briers, we all know what he's like against big clubs and under pressure

In The South Stand

Warrington looked good in patches in attack but their defence at times was shocking. Whilst they have bought well the defence needs to improve massively for a serious title challenge.

IMHO the will have to be better than that to beat us next week especially considering they were playing a patched up Hull side.

I thought wire moved the ball around well and looked good when flinging it wide. Which they should do with the backs they have.

I worry about Saints being exposed for pace out wide.

However Wire still looked like a side that someoen with more creativity in attack would tear apart.

Hull were very one dimensional but still made wire really work for it.

I would attack Pennys wing and also put Bridge under pressure with bombs etc.

Noooobie

I dont think teams would have missed the way, Leeds in particular, exposed our weakness last year. Warrington have the weapons out wide to cause us problems.

I thought for a first competitive game of the season, with some new players in some key positions the Wolves looked very good, albeit against a weakened Hull side.

I have read that DA has put in some changes to our attacking play. It will be interesting to see how the Saints and Wolves match up next week. It will certainly be a good indicator of whether the Wolves are genuine challengers this year....I suspect they will be there or there abouts come September.

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Wire did ok in patches still looked weak defensively at times and where never under enough pressure when they had the ball - i didn't think King was any use really but like Lyon the first few weeks are hard and he is bound to show his class before the season is out

My worry like the Chair is pace - they have lots of it - we don't if they break clear we won't catch them, if we break they might catch us.

Keep it tight and close down their halves - they don't have much other flair or creativity, its going to be harder than previous years but i'd still expect us to win

Starting A Programme Collection wrexhamsaint's Avatar

Agreed about good attack out wide - ditto poor defence. I also thought Wire looked knackered mid way through the second half and if Hull had had any creativity in the halves, they may well have won.

Matt King, for some reason, played out of dummy half when attacking - not sure why, I would have thought he'd have been better used out wide. Still, it's early days, yet.
    Burning with optimism's flames.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

As expected, great attack, holes in defence that can be exposed.

I think Saints need to go for the jugular on Friday.

Warrington have a lot of strike players now who could conjure tries out of nothing, and move the ball out wide very quickly, so they are always going to score points. However, if we get in amongst them, get the ball moving and post a couple of early tries, their defence could buckle and we can win by simply outscoring them.

Penny on the wing, and Bridge at full back need to be peppered with kicks early doors, and that could be an easy route to unlocking them if last night is anything to go by.

If we aim to play it tight and win a low scoring battle, it would play right into their hands, because they do have that quality in attack to unlock the best of defences.

No messing about. Go for the kill, get them on the back foot, let us ask the questions and not them, and we will win.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football