Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Roby of to Aus

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert
    Rubbish, one of the top 5 threads of the year!! :eek: lol

Must have bought that baby on the way a shell suit and burberry cap.

Starting A Programme Collection wellosgal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    Must have bought that baby on the way a shell suit and burberry cap.

:eek: :eek: No no no no no!!! :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by wellosgal
    :eek: :eek: No no no no no!!! :eek:

just joking dear lol

Banned

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...3079_1,00.html

"More than 60 per cent of young male thugs and muggers are convicted of another offence within two years of ending their sentence. Three quarters of young male burglars and thieves also reoffend, according to the Home Office figures placed unannounced on its departmental website.
    That rate of re-offence is not good, however it is still better than places (like the US) that focus on punishment rather than rehabillitation. Still, I do support greater punishments for those that re-offend but I think you will find that this is already done (I think)??

Banned

Rubbish, one of the top 5 threads of the year!! :eek: lol
    Much better than talking about Gardner being cr@p or Scully making yet another promise to be back fitter, stronger, better and more handsome than last year lol

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Shadow
    i would disagree as are league is faster than there's at the top, the only difference is that they have 10 clubs that are high quality we have 5 with a few other clubs getting close. as for best SL vs best NRL i think the world club challenge speaks for it's self

Switch the world club challenge to Aus then you would see the difference. all things being equal we would have no chance.

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest
    That rate of re-offence is not good, however it is still better than places (like the US) that focus on punishment rather than rehabillitation. Still, I do support greater punishments for those that re-offend but I think you will find that this is already done (I think)??
    The thing is if someone re-offends then it is obvious that rehabillitation does not work for that person.

That being the case, the courts should have a duty to take that person out of society to protect the rest of us.
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

Noooobie

I agree, violent offenders should be locked up, particularly those who have used a weapon and used a degree of pre meditation. What I disagree with is your view that the worse you make the conditions inside, then the less likliehood of re-offending would increase. I know on the surface your argument sounds logical, because a right thinking person would not want to go back to somewhere really awful, but if you brutalise people in prison and treat them like animals they will act accordingly when released and are more likely to re-offend when released. That does not mean they should be molly coddled inside, but I reckon most prisoners should be made to work for their keep and be allowed to pay their debt to society.
    As I have said earlier, punishing the criminal is just one lever to stopping crime and anti-social, selfish behaviour.
    My biggest beef in today's society is the complete like of respect shown by (some) individuals to the wider community. These are all petty things like the kids come straight out of McDonalds and throw their wrappers on the floor, even though there is a bin two foot away.
    30 years ago if a young lad put his dirty feet up on the the seats on the bus he would have been swiftly admonished, now 1.)they do as they please: 2) Most people accept it or are too scared of telling them that is not how to behave.
    It is all part of the 'I am going to do what I want to do attitude, because I can' which prevails in society. It is not just young scallies, but you see the same attitude so called respectable middle aged people who persist in using their mobile phone whilst driving or worse still speeding in residential areas then bleating about the government when they get caught.
    We need to build a society that looks out for each more and is less dog eat dog. An example - when I was burgled 12 years ago, it was less the fact that I had been robbed of what meagre possessions I had that stung, rather the fact that my neighbours had sat back (and in one case watched) and done nothing whilst my front door was smashed to smithereens and then all my stuff taken out through the hole in the shattered door. So much for community spirit!
    Ps. I would love to know what portion of our prison population would have been in Rainhill and Winwick 25 years ago getting treatment. Care in the community - another great idea!!!