Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roby of to Aus

Learning All The Songs knowsleyroader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian
    Do you have proof that theres less crime?
    I have proof...

While you were reading this, ive just taken you wallet, dvd recorder ( nice model btw ), had a dump on your lawn, set fire to your cat and posted your email addy on a gay website.

Only top quality crime around these parts son.

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroader
    I have proof...

While you were reading this, ive just taken you wallet, dvd recorder ( nice model btw ), had a dump on your lawn, set fire to your cat and posted your email addy on a gay website.

Only top quality crime around these parts son.

.....And when you return home with your booty, switch on the lights, you too will be another statistic....lol lol lol lol
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian
    Do you have proof that theres less crime?
    who need proof hey?

Everyone knows we all live in a lawless society, murders on everyones street everyday. Cars turned upside down and burning everywhere you look. Its plain for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest
    who need proof hey?

Everyone knows we all live in a lawless society, murders on everyones street everyday. Cars turned upside down and burning everywhere you look. Its plain for all to see.

If you watch some of the documentaries on TV you will see parts of this country ARE pretty lawless with absoluely no respect for the police/courts.

The country is a time bomb.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    If you watch some of the documentaries on TV you will see parts of this country ARE pretty lawless with absoluely no respect for the police/courts.

These documentaries are dedicated to finding the worst areas. People then watch them and have the perception that our whole country is like this when in fact it isnt. People simply do not realise how good of a country we live in.

Just a quick edit now.

Highest rate of car theft in the world.....Aus
    Highest rate of burglary in the world.....Aus

Higher rate of rape (3rd in the world) .....Aus (UK miles down the list)

Higher rate of murder ......Aus

Higher rate of manslaughter......Aus.

Yup, a crime free paradise unlike our lawless society that we live in.

Cheerleader Co-ordinator Trev The Bear's Avatar

Where are those figures from?link?

Are those figures proportionate to populations between countries?
    Last edited by Trev The Bear; 16th December 2007 at 12:11.
    "The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable."

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

You're wasting your time Div.

As long as people do as the proverbial ostrich does then this country will continue to slide down into the abyss.To those people I will say just one thing:

When I lie in the box,the curtain comes down and the light goes out,it will be a far worse country I leave than the one I came into.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by daves

As long as people do as the proverbial ostrich does then this country will continue to slide down into the abyss.To those people I will say just one thing:

When I lie in the box,the curtain comes down and the light goes out,it will be a far worse country I leave than the one I came into.

Too right! there are certain people on here that antagonise people by arguing with every post. But even they can't argue that this country is going down the shi77er faster than a faggot at a ar5e kissing contest.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

I just love how every thread seems to go off topic very quickly. We should be talking about him as a player, as an individual and what Saints can offer him, not comparing crime figures. Yes thats concerned with Australia as a country but for me we are veering off topic yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancasherbrawn&bed
    Too right! there are certain people on here that antagonise people by arguing with every post. But even they can't argue that this country is going down the shi77er faster than a faggot at a ar5e kissing contest.

You cannot fail to be amazed by the paradox of this country. We must be doing some thing right as so many people are attracted to this country from overseas. Since legislation was passed to allow "foreigners", to come over here and work we have been flooded with migrant workers. These workers often do work that we in this country don't want ie low paid, unsociable hours, and invariably the native,"Britain", finds claiming benefits much more rewarding than going out to work in such roles. We are a nation of whingers, who love to wallow in self-pity and are always hard done-by.
    If we had half the energy and drive of the migrant workers who ligimately come over here to work, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Oh, yes, who invited immigrants over here in the first place?....yes, we did, because we couldn't find anyone to fill the unskilled roles which were in abundance at that time. Thus, if you want to whinge and criticise then look no further than our arrogant, indifferent selves.
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"winning the go-forward"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stu M
    I just love how every thread seems to go off topic very quickly. We should be talking about him as a player, as an individual and what Saints can offer him, not comparing crime figures. Yes thats concerned with Australia as a country but for me we are veering off topic yet again.
    Topics and debates develop. One such development was the speculation that Aus could offer Roby better things due to numerous reasons. Most of those reasons that Div pointed out were right. One was not which I pointed out with a perfectly legitimate point.

Roby may move to Aus to challenge himself. To make him a better player. To get a better quaity of life. To live in nicer weather. However he wont be going somewhere that is better in crime terms.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daves

As long as people do as the proverbial ostrich does then this country will continue to slide down into the abyss..

The irony of this is not lost on me. Even after I have provided details about Aus being worsae for crime heads are still being buried in the sand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the man - the legend
    Where are those figures from?link?

Are those figures proportionate to populations between countries?
    Aye, they are factored for population size as they should be.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ies-per-capita

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...fts-per-capita

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita

In general, we have more crime in the violent / assault / robbery kind of way and more total crime but the Aussies are worse for the serious crimes.

Aye, they are factored for population size as they should be.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ies-per-capita

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...fts-per-capita

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...pes-per-capita

In general, we have more crime in the violent / assault / robbery kind of way and more total crime but the Aussies are worse for the serious crimes.

So assault/robbery are NOT serious crimes???

"winning the go-forward"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OVAL AND OWT
    So assault/robbery are NOT serious crimes???
    Not in the same league as murder, rape and manslaughter are they? When I mean serious I mean crimes that carry the big punishments!!!

Not in the same league as murder, rape and manslaughter are they? When I mean serious I mean crimes that carry the big punishments!!!

Are there any crimes that carry severe punishments these days?

"winning the go-forward"

High Treason.

Banned

lol

oi, keep it on topic admin bloke

Maybe but I suspect those crimes are pretty rare either way.

The MAJORITY of folk will be most affected by burglary, robbery, assault, theft and vandalism.

You cannot fail to be amazed by the paradox of this country. We must be doing some thing right as so many people are attracted to this country from overseas. Since legislation was passed to allow "foreigners", to come over here and work we have been flooded with migrant workers. These workers often do work that we in this country don't want ie low paid, unsociable hours, and invariably the native,"Britain", finds claiming benefits much more rewarding than going out to work in such roles. We are a nation of whingers, who love to wallow in self-pity and are always hard done-by.
    If we had half the energy and drive of the migrant workers who ligimately come over here to work, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Oh, yes, who invited immigrants over here in the first place?....yes, we did, because we couldn't find anyone to fill the unskilled roles which were in abundance at that time. Thus, if you want to whinge and criticise then look no further than our arrogant, indifferent selves.

No link ? lol

Actually this country would be fantastic if any political party had the balls to deal with crime head on. Build plenty of new prisons with little facilities and long sentences. take all the scum out of circulation and the rest of us can work and play and enjoy a great standard of living.

No link ? lol

Actually this country would be fantastic if any political party had the balls to deal with crime head on. Build plenty of new prisons with little facilities and long sentences. take all the scum out of circulation and the rest of us can work and play and enjoy a great standard of living.

Wake up and smell the coffeelol lol

"winning the go-forward"

Wake up and smell the coffeelol lol

Sorry ? Not with you .

Banned

Maybe but I suspect those crimes are pretty rare either way.

The MAJORITY of folk will be most affected by burglary, robbery, assault, theft and vandalism.
    Aye, its a fair point. I'd still say its pretty level between the two though. Burgalry and car theft are still worse in Aus and affect the majority of people much like our favourite past-times of assault and vandalism

Dont get me wrong, I dont think our country is a crime free haven its just that we tend to under rate our country and over rate other countries. When you think of here you think of the negative documentaries that you see. When you think of Aus you remember watching 'a place in the sun' where everyone has swimming pools and has nice communal barbecue areas. Real life in both countries is different.

Sorry ? Not with you .

In this age of political correctness severe punishments are not an option for vote-grabbing politicians. Instead we have to put up with namby-pamby do-gooders who insist on corrective and constructive punishments, which do little to deter the habitual criminal and foster an environment where the word deterrant is but a joke.

"winning the go-forward"

Banned

In this age of political correctness severe punishments are not an option for vote-grabbing politicians. Instead we have to put up with namby-pamby do-gooders who insist on corrective and constructive punishments, which do little to deter the habitual criminal and foster an environment where the word deterrant is but a joke.
    I agree.

We should be like the US. That will erradicate all crime like it does there.