Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardman to Widnes

If he had been any good HKR would have bought him. :saint:

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Shadow
    I give up! well yes lets tell are players DONT GET EDUCATED play for 12 years and be famous in the m62 corridor and then after that well good luck and all the best your on the Christmas's card list!

I don't see Terry Newton going hungry, do you?
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"interfacing at the ruck"

"winning the go-forward"

"i thought we won the collision"

Learning All The Songs Knight Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OVAL AND OWT
    I don't see Terry Newton going hungry, do you?
    so no education and we can all work in McDonlads? there is a shought fall in Highley skilled workers DON'T WORRY we got a big mac! and a min wage job to buy it with who needs a education??
    Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not fully understand,
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

I AM DYSLEXIC SO I HAVE BAD SPELLING, thank you

Knight Shadow...now with fire fox spell check! thanks guys and ladies!

so no education and we can all work in McDonlads? there is a shought fall in Highley skilled workers DON'T WORRY we got a big mac! and a min wage job to buy it with who needs a education??

When I think about all the crap
    I learned in high school . . .
    . . . . . it's a wonder I can think at all.
    Paul Simon
    “It's been 31 years, since 1974, we last won a major (trophy and) Andrew Johns and Natty (Nathan Wood), our two oldest players were born in 1974 so it's a little bit spooky,”

There is a common trait in teams at this point in the season that they seem to sit back and wait for somebody to win the game for them. And we had too many of our players waiting for someone to win the game.”

"winning the go-forward"

When I think about all the crap
    I learned in high school . . .
    . . . . . it's a wonder I can think at all.
    Paul Simon

lets see! trigonometry i use for calculating parts of the aerofoil slope on the wind-turbine i am designing now, the quadratic equation i have used for solving dynamic engineering problems that if they were not used life would not be so nice as it is as we would not have a clue what is going on...am shore that chemistry was of no use knowing how the fuel in you're car makes it work and that how hydrogen fuel cells are being developed to replace them. as for English not a grate favourite of mine but i use it a lot for making proper formatted industry standard lab reports for university that when in industry are used as evidence and why do we need physics only gives us new ways of communicating.....so yea your right you learn POINTLESS THINGS IN SCHOOL.....i mean why do we need to add numbers and know how the world works it just works OW WAIT! people need to keep in running and advancing!
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

Starting A Programme Collection alf wayliner's Avatar

...USA you have to be educated to play sports at top level that i admire highly as it gives players who don't make it something else in life...
    Let's not confuse patronage of sports by major universities in America with professional sports stars having an education. You do not have to be educated to play sports at the top level in America, you don't even have to be educated to get a university sports scholarship there.

I'll guarantee you now that if cousin Cletus can catch, run and score touchdowns it would matter not one iota that he didn't have an education, he'd get snapped up by some franchise or other!
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. (Karl Marx)
    Third as a cruel joke, fourth as a kick in the nads, fifth as a mortifyingly bad nightmare! (Alf Wayliner)

Quote Originally Posted by alf wayliner
    Let's not confuse patronage of sports by major universities in America with professional sports stars having an education. You do not have to be educated to play sports at the top level in America, you don't even have to be educated to get a university sports scholarship there.

I'll guarantee you now that if cousin Cletus can catch, run and score touchdowns it would matter not one iota that he didn't have an education, he'd get snapped up by some franchise or other!
    but majorette of players are educated i have long convocations with my friend from the USA on my course out hear in Aarhus, and you have to have a certen grade point average not shore how it works but you have to study and get the grades to play

but majorette of players are educated i have long convocations with my friend from the USA on my course out hear in Aarhus, and you have to have a certen grade point average not shore how it works but you have to study and get the grades to play

Are you telling me that all those chaps who participate in the boat race are primarily at Oxford/cambridge because of their educational prowess??

"winning the go-forward"

Are you telling me that all those chaps who participate in the boat race are primarily at Oxford/cambridge because of their educational prowess??

UK diffrent system but, you can be smart and good at sports not one or the other

UK diffrent system but, you can be smart and good at sports not one or the other

.....And you can be thick(like Terry Newton). and still live comfortably....If you were really highly educated and average at your given sport, then you would be destined for a life of annonymity....what as a spectator would you prefer, average or superb?
    Last edited by Paul Cullen's Mantra; 11th December 2007 at 19:57.

"winning the go-forward"

Thats right, but you are confusing sports scholarships, where promising young sports players are given an education by colleges so that they will play for the college sports team, with professional sports. After rule changes in the recent past it is now neccesary for students on sports scholarships to maintain a grade average in order for them to play for their college after many students on sports scholarships were simply going through college not learning anything except their chosen sport. Collegiate sports players are not allowed to receive remuneration hence they aren't pro sports players!

You don't need to have a good grade point average to play for the Dolphins just natural ability. the only reason a lot of pro sports players come through the colleges is that the colleges have excellent scouting networks similiar to, and in some cases better than, professional sports organisations.
    Third as a cruel joke, fourth as a kick in the nads, fifth as a mortifyingly bad nightmare! (Alf Wayliner)

it is still a better system than we have to encourage players to get an education is that such a bad idea?

it is still a better system than we have to encourage players to get an education is that such a bad idea?
    Not neccesarily, college sport in america is the subject of some heated debate about the diversion of funding and resources away from mainstream education into the sports departments of colleges to the detriment of other, non sporting, students education!

i think we should admire hardman we see too many young players have to retire through injury he needs something to fall back on when he's not playing anymore plus he's no scully etc doubt he's got loads of company's after sponsoring him so he's not likely to be set up for life unless he does it himself through education