Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Golden Boot!!

Learning All The Songs Knight Shadow's Avatar

Default Golden Boot!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/7118766.stm

i am shocked at this one the ozzeys were good but Peacock was by miles better than any one else can some one make heads or tails this one to me as it has baffled me! seams yet once more we bow to the almighty ozzeys who are nothing but right....why can we not stand up to them toe to toe??
    Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not fully understand,
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

I AM DYSLEXIC SO I HAVE BAD SPELLING, thank you

Knight Shadow...now with fire fox spell check! thanks guys and ladies!

Nay, Cameron Smith has been the form player all season down under. In fact, it was hard not to see any further than him.

stickman81
    Non Members

as far as i know the voting panel is a mix of journalists from the uk aus and some past players,there was also an online vote on one of the rugby league websites

Starting A Programme Collection

Cameron Smith deserves it he has been an outstanding player in the best league in the world.

think peacock form only really impoved last couple of months in super league and test series but he was also helped by ellis form golden boot should be form over full season

Starting A Programme Collection SaintsDavid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Shadow
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...ue/7118766.stm

i am shocked at this one the ozzeys were good but Peacock was by miles better than any one else can some one make heads or tails this one to me as it has baffled me! seams yet once more we bow to the almighty ozzeys who are nothing but right....why can we not stand up to them toe to toe??
    Just a question...how many games have you watched of Smith to judge you think Peacock should win it?
    I'm not writing anything in here because its just a load of b*****ks

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsDavid
    Just a question...how many games have you watched of Smith to judge you think Peacock should win it?
    in total 5, not had much chance with studeying at universtey and all dont tend to get a lot of free time
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

Cameron is a dude.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Noooobie

Sorry mate smith was awesome there was a few better than peacock in aus mate Thurston,Monaghan,Watmough and forwards mate Steven Pryce was unstopable.

Agreed. Cameron Smith was outstanding all year, it takes someone special to make Danny Buderus look average but that's what he did this year. And he's only just turned 23 IIRC. Big present, bigger future.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Smith is a worthy winner. Won the Wally Lewis medal in this years State of Origin, captain of Australia and captain of the title winning Melbourne Storm, cant ask for much more!

Nobody really stood out in our League throughout the :saint: season

Nobody really stood out in our League throughout the season

ow so robey was not out standing...well MOS means nothing then!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Shadow
    ow so robey was not out standing...well MOS means nothing then!
    It musn't have done??? Anyway thought it was Peacock you were shoving??

i believed that golden boot was for international performances, but i must be wrong a the season is been taken into account as well, internationally Peacock by a mile but taking into account the season then Robz...why not a ozzey because are boys are just as good as the ozzeys the NRL has more clubs to a high standard were as we have 5 clubs to that standard so why do we always hold the ozzeys to this impassableness standard if we do that we will never be good enough belief is the 1st step!

i think we look to the aussies in terms of training etc because they seem to play at a high standard most weeks were as some gb players in patches

but we are just as good as them this is the problem! most people thing well we lost last time we lost the time before why even try! that is the wrong attitude to take beacuse are props are better than there's by miles it is there backs that beat us and we are getting better there as well and we do not play as good as them in "patches" we have players that do that week in week out! grayham dose it every week the lad knows on way FORWARD and dose not stop that is one example but if i have to i will name EVREY prop that is better than the ozzeys because we need to stop believing the ozzey press and look at are players look at the games we played ozzeys in there forwards don't beat us that often it is there backs! they wont take us on in a arm wrestle because that know they will losses!

yes but they have 2 or 3 players that can fill positions very patriotic but every time we get a good player we hype them up and say they are world class eg penny at the wire agree graham is world class and think he is a future gb captain but look at loose forward how many can we say are world class centre's are the same full back apart from wello name some more

like i said are pack is grate but are backs are not as good BUT leon is good enough, burrow showed through...at a stretch(i am so sorry) McGuire..but we are getting better there. as for other key rolls gleson is holding his own and showed redemption this time round soon as he tasted big games once more personally i blame wire for his state of play, kirk yeaman is out standing lad, Gareth Raynor not put a foot wrong, Gardner has shown through, Shaun Briscoe is not a bad replacement at full back, Paul Cook is another good English talent, Jon Clarke did well in the games playing New Zealand so yea we are relay lacking in players to fill these positions and that is just a few i guess we are all doomed and should bow to Australia to help us as we are that bad!

i'm not saying were doomed but to put players on a higher level than they actually are is an english problem look at the footballers etc i would love us to go to the world cup next year and wipe the smile off the aussies faces but look at lyon superstar over here average over there we need to bring british players through and let them play at a higher level instead of ageing overseas players gleeson would struggle to get into an aussie team, agree pryce played well and is growing into the no 6 role but when you get past our starting 17 fully fit we struggle

Quote Originally Posted by pricey73
    i'm not saying were doomed but to put players on a higher level than they actually are is an english problem look at the footballers etc i would love us to go to the world cup next year and wipe the smile off the aussies faces but look at lyon superstar over here average over there we need to bring british players through and let them play at a higher level instead of ageing overseas players gleeson would struggle to get into an aussie team, agree pryce played well and is growing into the no 6 role but when you get past our starting 17 fully fit we struggle
    Lyon was a superstar in oz at 18?????

Quote Originally Posted by pricey73
    so when leon last played at 6 when we played ozz we did not dismantle them...OW WAIT! we did wow not bad for a average player! and i reckon we can do it we need to stop thinking of the ozzeys as gods, though i do agree we need to bring the youth through we have LOADS of youth systems i have seen lots of serves area games and the young lads playing there are amazing though all bar one as Shelford's lots are not recommended! as i have had the displeasure of reffing there schools final were was most of the serves area playing across 2 teams and at U16 there was 4 red cards i think for fowl and abusive language
    Last edited by Knight Shadow; 6th December 2007 at 13:22.

i'm not saying lyon is an average player but over there they have many players that can play at that standard if we look outside our big four how many lower teams have players that are truly international class ie would get into gb/new zeland/australia team
    i think it's good that you get involved reffing schools finals as the game needs people like yourself to give up there time, as for the kids swearing think it's just a sad part of society that we seem to have a lack of respect for each other now

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse
    Lyon was a superstar in oz at 18?????
    yes because his talent justified it, not because the society we live in the first kid with a bit of talent comes along he's the next jason robinson put him on a massive contract and think youv'e already done it