Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: One Winter, the film?

Got A Season Ticket

Default One Winter, the film?

I am pleased to inform those people who have enjoyed reading any of my four novels that there is a slight possibility of a film being made of One Winter. This was my first novel and is set during that terrible winter of 1962/63.
    I am able to report this because last week a television and film producer at Pinewood Studios asked me to send him a copy.
    All I can add at this stage is 'watch this space' and also that I will be in WH Smith on Saturday (December 1st) signing copies of my latest novel One Autumn. This is set during the 1992/93 season and written against a background of work, family life and rugby league.
    Hope to meet a few of you there, though it is a bit early for anybody to come and start telling me how well they can act.

Good on you mate, made up for you.

Hope it all works out as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by glee
    I am pleased to inform those people who have enjoyed reading any of my four novels that there is a slight possibility of a film being made of One Winter. This was my first novel and is set during that terrible winter of 1962/63.
    I am able to report this because last week a television and film producer at Pinewood Studios asked me to send him a copy.
    All I can add at this stage is 'watch this space' and also that I will be in WH Smith on Saturday (December 1st) signing copies of my latest novel One Autumn. This is set during the 1992/93 season and written against a background of work, family life and rugby league.
    Hope to meet a few of you there, though it is a bit early for anybody to come and start telling me how well they can act.

good luck! but don't hold your breath.

Good luck. Hope it comes off for you - and us.

Well done Glee, kep flying the RL flag auld lad.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Good luck with the film, just make sure it's done at Pinewood and not Hollywood!
    Could you imagine the trailer if it was made in Hollywood? It would be done by the guy with the deep voice, who does all the film trailers. "It was a cold winter in 1962 and Marilyn Monroe has just been murdered by the KGB. Their next evil plot is to detonate a nuclear bomb at the Woodhead pass after highjacking the St. Helens to Huddersfied train. Little do they know that the St. Helens rugby squad are travelling to Huddersfield on the same train. This new movie stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as Vinty Karalius, Tom Cruise as Alex Murphy, Sylvester Stallone as Tom Van Vollenhoven, Steven Segal as Cliff Watson. Kim Basinger stars as the train driver and chief stoker is Bruce Willis. The evil KGB agent is Alan Rickman. Watch this explosive movie now."

Quote Originally Posted by SCEPTICAL STE
    Their next evil plot is to detonate a nuclear bomb at the Woodhead pass after highjacking the St. Helens to Huddersfied train.
    I take it that's the bit where the Hollywood moguls overlook basic facts in favour of the storyline?

Just like when they had an American inventing the Enigma code machine to ultimately win World War Two?

Get Mr. Vegas in it and David Yates to direct it ..... Keep it a local film ;-)