Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Done GB

Default Well Done GB

I'd just like to say congratulations to the GB team on winning the test series against New Zealand.Ok not the strongest NZ team ever to tour but for once GB was picked mostly on form and key positions filled by players who regularly play in them.How stupid does Noble look now not playing Leon Pryce at stand off for the whole of the tri nations last year.

Got A Replica Shirt

He must have egg all over his pie eating face
    "If you cant change it dont dwell on it ;Deal with it and move on" GF 2007

Outstanding win.

All those Kiwis play in the NRL or are SL stars.

On paper the Kiwis brought over one of their strongest ever teams.

Players like Pritchard, Fui Fui moi moi and Asotasi are ranked amongst the best in australia and yet they have been outclassed.

Leon Pryce has shown himself to be world class.

Ade Garder is proving a revelation at international level.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Yet to be convinced about Sinfield though.......... was the only disappointment out of the whole 17 GB players
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Got A Replica Shirt

not seen the game . Been to bonfire with kids ,who got mom and how did saints lads play

Quote Originally Posted by quirkesboots
    not seen the game . Been to bonfire with kids ,who got mom and how did saints lads play
    Peacock got man of match. I thought it should have been Wello he was outstanding yet again. That tackle which stopped them scoring was superb. Saints players all played well Pryce, Wello and Gardner all scored. Sinfield was garbage and should never have played.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Det Sgt Sidney Bung
    .How stupid does Noble look now not playing Leon Pryce at stand off for the whole of the tri nations last year.
    About as stupid as he looked when he refused to play him their for Bradford and he ended up buggering off to us.

Got A Replica Shirt

tHANKS FOR THAT MATEY

They reckon Sinfield was still feeling the effects of the virus he got last week.I agree all the Saints players played well,even O'Loughlin played well!(Im going to get hammered for that!)One thing that confuses me...why the bombs were never played to Gardener's wing?

They reckon Sinfield was still feeling the effects of the virus he got last week.I agree all the Saints players played well,even O'Loughlin played well!(Im going to get hammered for that!)One thing that confuses me...why the bombs were never played to Gardener's wing?
    Because when they did bomb him he took them easily.

I honestly think that is one of the weakest NZ teams ever to tour and anyone who wishes to prove me wrong then please do so. There was at least 6 players in that team that would not be starting if they had a fully fit squad.

Also i think the World 13 did pretty well but I still think the aussies would have beat us so let's not get to excited about it

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

Top effort from all concerned....We just blew them away. On that performace we have a side that can live with, and beat, the Aussies. It seems that now we have strength in depth, and have the team spirit and determination to be world beaters......Tony Smith for DA I say!!

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by saint_me
    I honestly think that is one of the weakest NZ teams ever to tour and anyone who wishes to prove me wrong then please do so. There was at least 6 players in that team that would not be starting if they had a fully fit squad.

Also i think the World 13 did pretty well but I still think the aussies would have beat us so let's not get to excited about it
    To be fair gb can only beat the team put out against them

No,sorry you misunderstand me,when GB where attacking,why not bomb toward Gardeners wing,Gardeners has scored a few tries this season from bombs(wont be from Gidleys passes!lol )

Got A Replica Shirt

No,sorry you misunderstand me,when GB where attacking,why not bomb toward Gardeners wing,Gardeners has scored a few tries this season from bombs(wont be from Gidleys passes!lol )
    Iagree greedy twonk

Quote Originally Posted by saint_me

rubbish.

The vast majority of the team play in the supposedly vastly superior NRL and are first choice/star players.

the last time we defeated the Kiwis most of their players were effectively amateurs playing in NZ, with only a handfull attached to british and aussie teams.

You have done the typically British thing of deriding opposition when we defeat them, yet whenever we lose we say they are awesome.

In The South Stand

great performance tonight.i thought pryce stepped up a level even from the match in sydney last year.he has cemented his place at 6 in the gb team.for me he is now first choice stand off.he has got saints to thank for that for giving him the chance to play there regularly and bringing his game on.he is a better player now then when he arrived
    wello back to his best.great game from gardner,good pass from gleeson wasn't it?

GB were excellent, of that there is no doubt. But NZ were without SBW, Benji Marshall and others who are regulars in the NRL. No matter what anyone says, the NRL is still the best in the world, (and yes I know British sides normally win the WCC). GB have the makings of a good side and are now very powerful in the forwards, and also creative in the halves, as Pryce and Burrow linked up well.

However Australia are a different proposition altogether. I can honestly say if we played them in a 3 game series here or over there, then they would win all the games. Sorry for not being patriotic, just giving my honest opinion. They are still ahead when it comes to international competition and if they were to put a full side out then they would show this. Lets not forget that they beat NZ 58-0 also.

Was impressed with the Saints lads, thought Wello was outstanding, Graham made some good yards, and Gardner looked solid throughout. Peacock was immense and Pryce played for 80 mins instead of his usual 40 for Saints.

Lets not get carried away is all I am saying.

Starting A Programme Collection Billy Bunter's Avatar

I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll add it on here:

Imagine the scenario if it was GB losing 44-0 tonight.

We'd complain about refereeing decisions and get called whinging Poms, and to stop being ill-disciplined.

We'd say, well we've been hit by injuries and retirements, and we'd be told you have to deal with that.

We'd say that the Kiwis only beat our 2nd string, yet we'd then be told its indicative of our lack of depth.

Its rule 9a of the RLIF handbook, "Great Britain shall not be given credit for any victory for it must be a result of the opposing side's shortfalls".

And my non-sarcastic thoughts on the game.

Wellens was a 100% improvement on last week, awesome tackle!
    Gardner was quietly effective, took his try well. Doesn't look out of his depth.
    Gleeson looks leaden-footed compared to previous years. Quiet bar a nice pass for the above try.
    Senior was solid enough.
    Raynor impressed me, often does actually, happy with him there for now.
    Pryce was superb. Certainly not a traditional 6, but why should he be when he does what he does.
    Burrow fantastic again. Forming a great partnership.
    Morley looks more like his Roosters-self.
    Clarke was solid, did all was asked.
    Peacock was great as per his usual international performances.
    Ellis, despite a couple of good runs, needs to offer a bit more in attack IMHO.
    O'Loughlin's best GB performance. Gained confidence and even looked threatening once or twice!
    Sinfield was dross during the time he was on. Kicked his goals but his standard international effort.

Fa'asavalu held up his end without reaching any great heights.
    Graham ran hard, tackled well and never took a backward step. Will be a mainstay.
    Burgess IMHO was better than last week. Even more threat in attack. Destined for greatness.
    McGuire linked okay without really offering much of a threat.

Weak NZ or not, I liked the look of GB tonight. Our attack is a 100% improvement on the previous regime. We actually use decoy runners, spread the ball wide, and offload. Defensive line looks solid and organised without people flying out.

Happy days.

Starting A Programme Collection Billy Bunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stu M

However Australia are a different proposition altogether. I can honestly say if we played them in a 3 game series here or over there, then they would win all the games. Sorry for not being patriotic, just giving my honest opinion. They are still ahead when it comes to international competition and if they were to put a full side out then they would show this. Lets not forget that they beat NZ 58-0 also.
    Fair do's, we've still got a lot to do. Just bear in mind that Steve Matai was sent off for the Kiwis after about 20 mins in the game you mention.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker

You have done the typically British thing of deriding opposition when we defeat them, yet whenever we lose we say they are awesome.

Well it is government policy, the handbook of political correctness chapter 9.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Starting A Programme Collection Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bunter
    I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll add it on here:

Imagine the scenario if it was GB losing 44-0 tonight.

We'd complain about refereeing decisions and get called whinging Poms, and to stop being ill-disciplined.

We'd say, well we've been hit by injuries and retirements, and we'd be told you have to deal with that.

We'd say that the Kiwis only beat our 2nd string, yet we'd then be told its indicative of our lack of depth.

Its rule 9a of the RLIF handbook, "Great Britain shall not be given credit for any victory for it must be a result of the opposing side's shortfalls".

Couldnt agree more. NZ were pretty poor but GB can only beat whats put in front of them and I cant see NZ being significantly better at the world cup so we will have a huge mental advantage over them next year. We put up a very solid and impressive performance and all of us should feel proud of that. We didnt just beat them, we completly outplayed them in both attack and defence, scoring many points and keeping a top international team scoreless. If the score had been the other way round then we would be calling for a new coach and saying we may as well not even turn up to the world cup. Give credit where credits due. We beat them 44-0, what more do you want? Even if it was 100-0 some people on here would still find fault. Saints didnt even get such an impressive scoreline all this season

Learning All The Songs are you blind ref's Avatar

What pleased me most was the way GB played as a team. They really seem to have gelled together which means that the ball is being thrown around more and the moves are coming off. Great to see such a big crowd there too.

I thought it was a great team effort but I would have given MOM to Wello or Raynor myself. Perhaps NZ haven't got their strongest side but we can list a few players that were missing too.

Well done GB - onwards and upwards
    Saint until I die - For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, through good times and bad.

Learning All The Songs Knight Shadow's Avatar

well i am absoultey chuffed to bits! we have the series now lets see if we can keep improving and get a 3-0 job! as for the fact NZ were week acording to some people ask the lads who played them last night when thay wake up thismorning because i will bet that there are a lot of saw bodies in the GB camp as no top level internashnal game is easey these men are playing for pride. as for people putting GB down...WE HAVE WON THE SERIES SO CRAM IT! be happey for once have you forgoten how to smile or something?? look ---> smile see not hard!
    Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not fully understand,
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

I AM DYSLEXIC SO I HAVE BAD SPELLING, thank you

Knight Shadow...now with fire fox spell check! thanks guys and ladies!

Got A Season Ticket Annies Song's Avatar

I thought it was a great performance last night, although i don,t disagree with peacock getting mom i thought wello deserved it just as much with pryce being close behind, Gardner had a good solid game, he took some good catches, it was a good all round team performance, just sinfield was a bit weak but maybe because he was a bit rusty having not played last week.
    WELL DONE GB !