Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Done Gb ...

Default Well Done Gb ...

Thought the boys did well tonight in what was a rough tough physical game. Glad to see Maurie and Burgess on the scoresheet.

Must complain about our centres though. Ade and Raynor could've had a field day if either of our centres had half a brain and would offload. Think we were quite weak in the 3 and 4 positions.

Still not to take the gloss off a very good win.

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterSaint
    Thought the boys did well tonight in what was a rough tough physical game. Glad to see Maurie and Burgess on the scoresheet.

Must complain about our centres though. Ade and Raynor could've had a field day if either of our centres had half a brain and would offload. Think we were quite weak in the 3 and 4 positions.

Still not to take the gloss off a very good win.
    Didn't know Gleeson was playing.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

I thought that on the whole, GB played well. Poor decision by Burrow that cost a 2nd try for Maurie and a bad mistake by Maurie for their 2nd try but i thought Burgess was fantastic.

The whole Saints contingent played well but i thought the ref was hopeless.......... i'd like to see him penalising both teams for the same kind of offence and not just penalising GB
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Young Burgess had another great game.
    Wello made a couple of very very uncharacteric bloopers.... but overall good performance from GB.
    Ref should have clamped down on NZ's"grapple" tackles and slowing play down.

thought it was a good display by GB tonight, the saints boys played well, and i think maurie proved those critics wrong with a good show, plus could even have had 2 tried but for burrows shocking pass.

plenty of positives too for the next two tests, cant wait for them both

You missed rest of the world out of your thread title mate

Learning All The Songs Knight Shadow's Avatar

some one give me the hummble pie i was wrong we won..well done lads was a good game to watch! hope we can win anuther game to win the series!
    Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not fully understand,
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

I AM DYSLEXIC SO I HAVE BAD SPELLING, thank you

Knight Shadow...now with fire fox spell check! thanks guys and ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Shadow
    some one give me the hummble pie i was wrong we won..well done lads was a good game to watch! hope we can win anuther game to win the series!

IT'S OFFICAL KNIGHT SHADOW IS A PIE EATER

lol lol

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

i don't want to put a downer on tonight or anything but todays performance was nothing special, it was just a solid display, at times our defense was quite worrying, i mean the kiwi's where offloading at will on some sets and our attacking play we lacked that bit of composure which could of given us another 2 or 3 tries. This kiwi side isnt the greatest and with a side that has been mostly picked on form we should of performed better then we did imo, but still a win is a win

p.s. i thought pryce deserved MoM and special mentions for burgess and o'loughlin for them 3 cracking hits

Got A Season Ticket AnonymousSaint's Avatar

Thought it was a pretty solid game all over from GB.

Burrows kicking was superb, but whenever he made a break Wellens was on his shoulder and he didn't give it once. Kicking was great everything else was pretty poor, made a few breaks here and there but ... meh.

Few uncharacteristic mistakes from Wellens but solid performance from him and the Saints lot, didn't think Wilkin was going to get on the field! But thankfully he did.

Great to see Roby keeping Newton off the field for 60 minutes of the game, made my day!

Marie and Burgess great debuts, some huge runs from Marie and some huge tackles from Burgess, Just can't help but think that Fozz would have thrived in that game, but, injuries what can you do !!

Would like to see a 3-0 whitewash like Stevo predicted, but I am not to sure whether it would be possible, I would prefer to see a nail biting finale to the tests.

Good performance, little mistakes cost us.

P.S: The first and second Kiwi tries were never tries !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon
    i don't want to put a downer on tonight or anything but todays performance was nothing special, it was just a solid display, at times our defense was quite worrying, i mean the kiwi's where offloading at will on some sets and our attacking play we lacked that bit of composure which could of given us another 2 or 3 tries. This kiwi side isnt the greatest and with a side that has been mostly picked on form we should of performed better then we did imo, but still a win is a win

p.s. i thought pryce deserved MoM and special mentions for burgess and o'loughlin for them 3 cracking hits
    We must have been watching different games, Pryce, ok played well in second half, but frist 40 mins AWOL.

Learning All The Songs are you blind ref's Avatar

I thought it was an entertaining match - although it could have been better if the ref had stopped all the messing about at the play of the ball.

All the Saints lads played well - if only they'd played like that 2 weeks earlier

Hopefully by the next match they'll have taught Burrow when to pass the ball but all in all a good performance from the team.
    Saint until I die - For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, through good times and bad.

Thought it was a solid performance against an average side. Pack looked pretty formidable but our centres are very average. Also Raynor`s defence was lacking for Hape`s try. Was incensed by Stevo`s "little Englander" bigoted comments about Maurie. I bet he didn`t pontificate when Brent Webb scored for NZ against GB last year!

Starting A Programme Collection Woodspeckie's Avatar

Ade deserves a mention, played well stopped a certain try with a terrific tackle. Good performance all round but could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarman

IT'S OFFICAL KNIGHT SHADOW IS A PIE EATER

lol lol
    onley of the hummble kind not a gooner!!!!!
    into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly predict
    in such a fashion that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Shadow
    onley of the hummble kind not a gooner!!!!!
    But that is why theyre called that!!!!!!!!!

Got A Season Ticket Steward Saint's Avatar

Cracking game all the Saints lads did well shame about Roby's try that wasn't meant to be and Wellens being a bit slobby under the ball at times. But on the plus Maurie got his first Gb try and Roby outshining Newton put a smile on my face. Onward to the next two tests!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Don Brennan
    But that is why theyre called that!!!!!!!!!

yes that reasion and and till recent thay consumed the most pies in the UK till hull took there crown

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I don't think it was a great performance. GB looked a bit rusty and it's a good job we weren't playing the Aussies, otherwise we'd have got beaten quite convincingly. The Kiwis are a poor side in transition.

As for the Saints players, I thought most of them did well in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge
    Thought it was a solid performance against an average side. Pack looked pretty formidable but our centres are very average. Also Raynor`s defence was lacking for Hape`s try. Was incensed by Stevo`s "little Englander" bigoted comments about Maurie. I bet he didn`t pontificate when Brent Webb scored for NZ against GB last year!
    I'm no fan of our two current Gb centres but to be fair I though Keith Senior did make a couple of breaks and played better than I have seen him in a GB shirt for a while. Gleeson was totally anonymous during the game. We are really short on talent and ability in the centres.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parrsaint
    I'm no fan of our two current Gb centres but to be fair I though Keith Senior did make a couple of breaks and played better than I have seen him in a GB shirt for a while. Gleeson was totally anonymous during the game. We are really short on talent and ability in the centres.
    It's definitely GB's weak spot. Apart Yeaman and maybe Atkins, what else is there to look forward to? There's not alot coming through the ranks at Super League clubs that have set heart beats racing, that's for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Season Ticket saint hooper's Avatar

Well Done GB and Well Done Maurie on silencing your critics!!

Got A Season Ticket Annies Song's Avatar

Thumbs up

WELL DONE GB !
    I agree with others , senior had a decent game , but not impressed with gleeson

I agree to the extent that Senior had a better game than Gleeson but I don't think he had a good game. Twice he could've used his winger and was greedy so didn't pass, once after a promising break.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterSaint
    I agree to the extent that Senior had a better game than Gleeson but I don't think he had a good game. Twice he could've used his winger and was greedy so didn't pass, once after a promising break.
    Yes on two occassions he made a break and didn't give the ball to Raynor. The move on Hape was excellent but you have to finish the moves off. I think it would be even harder for our two centres when they are up against the likes of Gasnier King, etc.