Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Moore

Got A Replica Shirt

made up moore has gone

Cheerleader Co-ordinator Trev The Bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day09
    made up moore has gone
    Why?
    "The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable."

I would imagine that Matty Smith and possibly Eastmond in time will be ahead in the pecking order and if the rumours are true Longs replacement as well.

Cheerleader Co-ordinator Trev The Bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    I would imagine that Matty Smith and possibly Eastmond in time will be ahead in the pecking order and if the rumours are true Longs replacement as well.
    Moore has moved to play 9 tho.
    "The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable."

Quote Originally Posted by the man - the legend
    Moore has moved to play 9 tho.

....where he would always play second fiddle to Roby for the forseeable future I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    ....where he would always play second fiddle to Roby for the forseeable future I guess
    And you certainly wouldn't put him on the bench if Roby was on the pitch.

Seriously, Moore's a goner, I can't understand Hardman coming back to be honest either, I like the guy, but I don't understand where he will fit in, he's not consistent or strong enough for full back and he's not fast enough for a winger at Saints, If I where him i'd try elsewhere for next season, Castleford maybe?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish

Seriously, Moore's a goner, I can't understand Hardman coming back to be honest either, I like the guy, but I don't understand where he will fit in, he's not consistent or strong enough for full back and he's not fast enough for a winger at Saints, If I where him i'd try elsewhere for next season, Castleford maybe?
    Agree about Hardman....he wont make it at Saints now. Shame really - he always looked as solid and safe as a young Paul Wellens, who knows what he could have done had he got a regular chance at SL level
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig
    Agree about Hardman....he wont make it at Saints now. Shame really - he always looked as solid and safe as a young Paul Wellens, who knows what he could have done had he got a regular chance at SL level
    Yeah sometimes the lack of top class game time can hinder development, even if you are getting beaten, its better to be playing at SL level than constantly playing at under 21s level in the hope you might get a game every month or so.

I think Hardman is SL level, but not Saints unfortunately for a lad who is one of the nicest you could meet.

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

Why?

Yeah sometimes the lack of top class game time can hinder development, even if you are getting beaten, its better to be playing at SL level than constantly playing at under 21s level in the hope you might get a game every month or so.
    Hence him going to Cas for 12 months?

Whilst I know that most, if any, come back. Someone in the coaching staff must have seen something in him to give him a new, full time, contract six months ago. I don't see what will have changed so dramatically in such a short time. He's had a big head for years.

Allegedly.
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Lump
    Why?

Hence him going to Cas for 12 months?
    I was talking about hardman.....

In The South Stand Paul Cullen's Mantra's Avatar

I think we are going of at a tangent here. Scott Moore is obviously not in the future plans of the club, he has not broken into the first team on a regular basis,and neither has he shown glimpses of what he his capable of in the future(unlike Matty Smith), when those chances have come his way.
    So if we are offloading him and, as rumoured, bringing no other players in does this not suggest that we are on a cost-saving mission?......worrying situation....

This could be down to salary cap constraints, with Hardman back at the club we needed to offload someone.

Moore is a player with a lot to prove. Going to Cas will give him big game experience that he will struggle to get at Saints.

I still think he has potential and 19 is too young to write a player off.

Remember most of our loaned out players have been in the 21/22 bracket. Hence why they have been let go.

It may be that this time we will follow the Rhinos example and use another club to help his development, before bringing him back into the fold.
    The key of course will be how he performs at Cas.

The good thing is that he is going to a SL club. I dont agree with players going on loan to NL clubs as they are more likely to receive poor coaching and pick up bad habits in that environment. Cas have also shown over the years that they have been good at bringing through young players.

This is in effect a win win scenario for Saints. If Scott Moore does the businss then we get him back at Saints. If he doesnt then we will know that he isnt ready/cut out for the big time.

How many players for Saints have shown great promise in reserve grade and never made it in the first team,it just happens,nowt against the lad but whenever I've watched him he has never impressed me,is he going to replace Danny Brough at Cas?,he fecked off to Wakefield.

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

I was talking about hardman.....
    What's the difference? 12 months first team experience is good for one but not the other?
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky

Wasn't Longy loaned to Widnes or somewhere when he was 19 from Wigan? Or something like that.

He didn't turn out too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Lump
    What's the difference? 12 months first team experience is good for one but not the other?
    I dont dissagree it could help both, but i'm not sure in Moores case it will.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bobble
    Wasn't Longy loaned to Widnes or somewhere when he was 19 from Wigan? Or something like that.

He didn't turn out too bad.

No, Longy was actually sold to Widnes by Wigan as a part exchange deal for Lee Hansen (Fantastic for Saints and a monumental blunder by the Pies.)