Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: next season should be a belter

Default next season should be a belter

Should be a real battle next year. Saints and Leeds will obviously have very good sides. Warringtons new signings look strong. Wigan have improved, as have Bradford. It'll be even tougher next year

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Yep. The top five or six will all be serious contenders next year and, for the first time in three years, I don't think we can be considered favourites. That title must surely go to Leeds now.

However, on the basis that the pre-season favourites have only gone on to win Super League on one occasion (2006) that might not be a bad thing for us. The weight of pressure will not rest as heavy.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

IMO Waky will be a serious top 6 team next year, Rooney, Brough and Drew will cause any team problems, plus hudds and KR as well, no easy games next year.

Learning All The Songs are you blind ref's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEE
    IMO Waky will be a serious top 6 team next year, Rooney, Brough and Drew will cause any team problems, plus hudds and KR as well, no easy games next year.

I hope so, perhaps we'll get more people to KR if they think it will be a competitve game.
    Saint until I die - For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, through good times and bad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Yep. The top five or six will all be serious contenders next year and, for the first time in three years, I don't think we can be considered favourites. That title must surely go to Leeds now.
    Most definitely, but a part of me is enjoying the fact that we may actually have a league next year were more than 2 or 3 teams look capable of winning the thing. I also think it could be alot more exciting and going to games next season will be alot better given that the expectancy of victory may not be as great. I still think we'll win enough games to finish top 3, but games against the top 4 or 5 will be ones to savour, and the derby games next year should be closer and alot more intense. A bit of competition will be good for us and good for the league. It'll be interesting to see how Leeds react to being the hunted with all the pressure on them. As a team we've seemed to have been more fun to watch over the past four of five years when we've been chasing and not leading, personally I cant wait for 2008.

Was thinking the same myself. To be honest, this season there have been far too many games that I have not been greatly excited about going to, knowing it would be one sided.

Next year I reckon the following teams will all present us with a genuine challenge at KR:

Leeds
    Bulls
    Hull
    Wigan
    Warrington

possibly even Hull KR and Wakefield too. In the last couple of seasons it has just been the top 3 from that list.

Winning everything is great but going to a game with the excitement of a challenge ahead is better week in week out

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

Will we see more dummy spits by Saints fans if and when we lose more often though?

I foresee at least one booing as we get beaten by a supposed lower team such as Wakey or Shudds.
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky

Got A Season Ticket

wire will give us a hard game next season. so get ready for the 1 when we played them at wire and KC scored the last try to make us win the game that was a good game