Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Status Quo to Ruin Grand Final again?

Default Status Quo to Ruin Grand Final again?

Forget air horns do we have to listen to the same old medley of shite tunes after the final whistle again ?

Noticed the same stuff being played after Castleford won yesterday.

No imagination. No need.

Boring as F***.

For once I wish they played no music at all and left the winners be it us or Leeds to sing our songs. Too much to hope for I suppose.

Got A Season Ticket roby lights up my senses's Avatar

lmao ...queen all the way for me, loved it last year when dont stop me now came on then we are the champions, stayed behind for ages us lot
    Saints Are Magic , Wigan Are Tragic

Quote Originally Posted by roby lights up my senses
    ...queen all the way for me, loved it last year when dont stop me now came on then we are the champions, stayed behind for ages us lot

Thats the nightmare scenario, only Meat Loaf could possibly make things worse.

I think it should ALWAYS be we are the champions straight after the presentation. Nothing can beat singing it at full volume, it's the most satisfying song to lose your voice to.
    It seems to have been absent from most presentations since wembley was closed. It either doesn't get played, or it only gets played after Rockin' All Over the World, Hi-Ho Silver Lining, Amarillo and countless other unrelated and inappropriate songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon, Man of Steel
    And anyone who says otherwise is a Communist.

Learning All The Songs Noah Sleeroader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    OMG NOOOOOOO!!!!!
    status quid, queesy & muckloaf?
    jeez! i'm frightened of sleeping in case i suffer nightmares. lol lol
    I support two teams, SAINTS, and anyone playing wiggin !

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Forget air horns do we have to listen to the same old medley of shite tunes after the final whistle again ?

No imagination. No need.

Boring as F***.

For once I wish they played no music at all and left the winners be it us or Leeds to sing our songs. Too much to hope for I suppose.
    Your fighting a losing battle Div, the "new age fan" has taken hold and the powers that be tell us what to sing in our moment of glory.

Because of this, and as happened at Wembley, I shall watch whoever wins on Saturday pick up the trophy and then make a rapid exit to the pub for a pint while everyone else goes through the same tired boring predictable no imagination lap of honour they have been doing for 7 or 8 years.

Comical moment at Wembley was my Mrs saying, your being daft as we walked away from the stadium, how do you know what that it will be the same, just as "Rocking all over the world" started blasting out, closey followed by "We are the champions".

It's been happening for 8 years, it's old, it's tired, it's shocking it's sh1te.

Hopefully I will see The S pick up the pot, and then offski rapido to the pub and we can have our own celebration in the way WE want to.
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

Starting A Programme Collection alf wayliner's Avatar

Yeah, especially if its "2 out 3 ain't bad"
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. (Karl Marx)
    Third as a cruel joke, fourth as a kick in the nads, fifth as a mortifyingly bad nightmare! (Alf Wayliner)

Quote Originally Posted by alf wayliner
    Yeah, especially if its "2 out 3 ain't bad"
    Very Good! lol Bit Saints Wouldn't do that!

Got A Season Ticket Dom McCormack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert
    Your fighting a losing battle Div, the "new age fan" has taken hold and the powers that be tell us what to sing in our moment of glory.

Because of this, and as happened at Wembley, I shall watch whoever wins on Saturday pick up the trophy and then make a rapid exit to the pub for a pint while everyone else goes through the same tired boring predictable no imagination lap of honour they have been doing for 7 or 8 years.

Comical moment at Wembley was my Mrs saying, your being daft as we walked away from the stadium, how do you know what that it will be the same, just as "Rocking all over the world" started blasting out, closey followed by "We are the champions".

It's been happening for 8 years, it's old, it's tired, it's shocking it's sh1te.

Hopefully I will see The S pick up the pot, and then offski rapido to the pub and we can have our own celebration in the way WE want to.
    Couldn't agree more. Its a new game indeed and the way I look it is this, I was just fortunate enough to experience the times before the game 'sold its soul' to media marketing and PR men who frankly haven't got a clue and can't recognise what elements of the game ie. spirit and passion, create an atmosphere.

Mr Turncoat
    Non Members

Oh I dunno Div, the chance of hearing "Marching On Together" blasting out around Old Trafford amuses me greatly. Especially after the reaction of the stewards at Old Trafford when we won in 2004.

Woah, this is RedSky we're talking about, who played Simply The Best for Saints last year. IF the worst happens, I reckon all the Loiners will look pretty funny jigging to Wooly Bully...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom McCormack
    the game 'sold its soul' to media marketing and PR men who frankly haven't got a clue
    More accurately, the people who run Scottish Rugby Union matches.

If that happens it will be mildly irritating.

Ruin?????? oh dear.

You must have a very low tolerance threshold.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

I'm more worried about leeds ruining the grand final!! sod the music, if saints win I'll be too happy to care!

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7
    sod the music, if saints win I'll be too happy to care!

Spot on. As will I.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamy
    Spot on. As will I.
    And that attitude is the reason that it has got worse each year. No complaints in the eyes of the marketing people = success.

Oh look at everyone waving there hands and clapping, let's play it again next final. and 8 years on they are STILL playing the sh1te

No imagination. No need.

Boring as F***.

Here we go again, Div's soapbox is out...

Sorry but you are in a minority in thinking this.

Consider this. At Wembley, why was there virtually NO singing at all at any point? Because the supporters were fragmented. Address that issue first and the congregated fans' noise will subsequently drown out any music being played.

But lets just say that on Saturday, the plug got pulled and there was NO music played at all, I'll guarantee that people will look at each other, say is that it? and wander off. They won't muster up a "war time spirit" and start a sing song.

By Monday morning, people will have bombarded this message board, the entertainers, the league express and so on, all saying the same thing. What happened to Status Frickin Quo.

Personally, I don't like Quo either and would love to never hear it again but having discussed this with you, you know I also do not believe for one moment that silence is the answer.

Judging by the vast numbers filtering out of Wembley rapido after KC had lifted the trophy, there are a fair few who think like Myself and Div.

Judging by the people you usually see in the ****hat.co.uk head gear clapping and singing along during the lap of honour at these things, it is not your normal away fans.

And that attitude is the reason that it has got worse each year. No complaints in the eyes of the marketing people = success.

Oh look at everyone waving there hands and clapping, let's play it again next final. and 8 years on they are STILL playing the sh1te

So what mate.

I will be far to happy to listen to, or, give a sh!t what music is being played.

If you are too wrapped up in standing there with your pint in your hand and taking note of the music which is being played, then carry on, and the rest of us will just enjoy the moment.

It's not worth getting yourself upset about it, just put it out of your head and celebrate the fact that Saints have won yet another Grand Final.

If the music is what we have to worry about, then im afraid we are far too spoilt for our own good.

Im more concered about our oppostition. If we get past Leeds, they can play what the feck they like Paul. Im happy to have another trophy in the bag and the chance to watch my team at the big stage again.

Focus your attention on something else when it plays. The Saints lifting the Super League (hopefully!), the next few beers to celebrate (Hopefully!), that nights good times with the good lady () for celebrations sake! Possibly even dream of a Smiths Reunion. Dont let the music bother you though.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamy
    It's not worth getting yourself upset about it, just put it out of your head and celebrate the fact that Saints have won yet another Grand Final
    Like I said, it will never change as long as people appear to agree with it.

We have our own songs, we have our own vocal tributes to our hero's, why do we need some kn0bjockey in Edinburgh tellling is which way we would celebrate.

At the very least, the people in charge should listen to researchers and play songs that have been adopted by fans so they can sing their versions.

How hard would it be to play, light up my senses, Saints go marching in, I love you baby, my old man etc etc, at least then it will not be your usual dust covered 20 great Cup Final Anthems CD

Wizards Sleeve
    Non Members

Bit unfair that blaming someones attitude for the powers that be playing music that you don't like. To be honest I don't care what they play if it helps the majority celebrate a Grand final win. Whether someone likes the music or not, the atmosphere is usually splendid. There's plenty of time after the match, on the way home and half way through the night to celebrate the way you'd want to.
    To walk out of the stadium before the lap of honour doesn't half remind me of the Leeds fans last week and the Goons for many years. Think everyone should consider thanking the team for their efforts after the presentation instead of sulking because they don't like the music.
    Let's face it, most of the Saints fans won't be joining in with the singing during the match when the team needs their support the most, so I fail to see why no music and just the fans singing will be 'better' after the match.

Like I said, it will never change as long as people appear to agree with it.

At the very least, the people in charge should listen to researchers and play songs that have been adopted by fans so they can sing their versions.

How hard would it be to play, light up my senses, Saints go marching in, I love you baby, my old man etc etc, at least then it will not be your usual dust covered 20 great Cup Final Anthems CD

I'm in agreement. However, it ain't gonna happen, so just enjoy the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizards Sleeve
    Think everyone should consider thanking the team for their efforts after the presentation instead of sulking because they don't like the music.
    Nothing to do with sulking mate, I would love to be thanking the players, but I can't because bell hat next to me is singing rocking all over the feckin world. I am not bothered if there is music or none, just make the effort for it to be the right music if there is any.

If it is the same old crap I will cheer as every player picks up the trophy ( or hopefully not applaud the filth ), I wil chear as they walk away from the stage ( it should still be the walk up the steps for mine ), as soon as the celebrate how we tell you starts I am off to the pub!

Wizards Sleeve
    Non Members

Saint Bert you're a miserable old git. I think you should be forced to learn the words to Queen, Status Quo, Tina Turner and the rest. At least until the majority of our Cup Final fans know the words to to our own songs!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizards Sleeve
    Tina Turner
    Was at a wedding reception the other month when the DJ played this "For all the Saints fans", the whopper seemed bemused as to why he was quite royaly told to go %$£ (*&*&^ you ^%$£$£ £"$$$" ^%$$£!

What was more amazing was some young girls who support Saints singing away to it in the corner.

Tradition and history is lost on some people.