Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Man Of Steel Awards And Discussion Thread

Starting A Programme Collection saint-hamlett's Avatar

he does have the consistency u tart!!!!
    Wingers that can tackle, and forwards that can kick.... WHAT A GAME!!

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint-hamlett
    he does have the consistency u tart!!!!

so where was it in the first 3 games against us and the 2 games at home to Hull KR, the game against Huddersfield, the semi against Catalans, the play off against Leeds, the first 60 minutes against Bradford
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Starting A Programme Collection saint-hamlett's Avatar

like the man before me said..... he's a great player amongst a buch of ordinary ones!! were was he on friday too?!! you can say that about any player on any team...
    Wingers that can tackle, and forwards that can kick.... WHAT A GAME!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert
    Well done Robes, however I am baffled to the extreme that a player who does not get a regular starting pitch can be voted player of the year! ???

The honest vote would have been for TB with Donk a close 2nd for me.
    I don't think the starting slot is an issue. It's a seventeen man game. Whether Roby starts or he comes off the bench, the amount of game time will be roughly the same.

I wouldn't wish to take the gloss off Roby's achievement for he is a genuine world class performer, who will probably go on to be an all-time great but I agree that Barrett and Wellens were probably more worthy winners though. They have been consistent throughout whereas Roby has been a shadow of his early season self since about May.

The last time I really disagreed with this award was in 2000 when it really should have been Keiron Cunningham, who had been our (and Super League's) outstanding performer that year yet Long got the MOS and Martyn got the POY.

It's ok people asking where Barrett was in certain games but, as a stand off, there is a certain amount of reliability on your pack to lay the platform. The best stand off in the world would not look like the best stand off on a regular basis if he played in an average team.

Barrett probably single handedly won his team more points than any other player in Super League and would have got my vote. It makes no odds as to whether I am a Saints fan or a Wigan fan. I am a Rugby League fan and I don't let club loyalties get in the way of an impartial opinion.

To be honest, I have never seen why the pundits Player of the Year is a more important award than the Players Player of the Year in any case.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Noooobie

roby gets it

Quote Originally Posted by saintfrank
    Well done James and thanks for the £200, must admit i was suprised...
    Hey! well done on winning, hope you and the wife enjoyed your slap up meal on Wednesday