Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints, underdogs for the final

Got A Season Ticket roby lights up my senses's Avatar

i reckon we stand a chance to be honist. fairly confident were going to get somewere
    Saints Are Magic , Wigan Are Tragic

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

It's a 50-50 job.

They have had the better of us over three games but they know, and we know, that we have the big game mentality.

Psychologically, we are the big game maestros. The psychological game has a massive bearing on the outcome.

Mentally this should be in our favour. If our players just believe in ourselves then I see no reason why the championship should not be coming back home.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Leeds looked good against a tired Wigan, but they are still the underdogs. They threw everything they had at us last week, and still lost. Peacock and Ellis are the key threats, outstanding in the last two games

Got A Season Ticket

a very close call imho. but we do shine in finals so lets not get to worried.
    the team with the most hunger and determination will take the spoils i just hope its Saints again.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Div
    Leeds made Wigan look exactly what they are last night- average. Bradford did exactly the same then for some reason chose to think the game was won

Wigan have been believing their own hype. They are not a good team.
    Wigan finshed 3rd after the playoffs ,not bad for "not a good team"

Learning All The Songs

I suspect the game against the vermin was their Grand Final. Indeed Saints hopefilly will have a fit squad to choose from (less Scully) that will be the difference. In previous league games against Leeds, we have fielded a 'weakened' side.
    They will be made to pay on Saturday.

Wigan ARE an average team.
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol

Saint Ana
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    It's a 50-50 job.

They have had the better of us over three games but they know, and we know, that we have the big game mentality.

Psychologically, we are the big game maestros. The psychological game has a massive bearing on the outcome.

Mentally this should be in our favour. If our players just believe in ourselves then I see no reason why the championship should not be coming back home.
    We will know in the first 20 minutes if we are with a better than 50% chance of winning with the view of how we go about this task. If there is a great game plan with many ideas of how to shut them down with our excellent defence and to exploit their weaknesses, then we will win. Peacock is great but his head-highs give away possible points. Burrows is the one needing special attention, but Sinfield has upset us before! Yes they are a good team - should be a good game - but with the right attitude from the start we can take this one too! AND feel good about not underestimating them as occurred with the dulls 3 years ago

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

It's a 50/50 game and if we lose Leeds will have deserved the title but I'll be more than disappointed if we lose because we're still a better side on our day.

Starting A Programme Collection Barbarian's Avatar

It will be close but Saints will win. FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian
    It will be close but Saints will win. FACT
    and the winning lottery numbers this weekend?

Starting A Programme Collection Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish
    and the winning lottery numbers this weekend?

Dont know, but as I just said in a previous post, it will make me sleep better tonight. Think I might put £20 on Leeds to win. Either way I would win and no worrying all week. Not stopped worrying since last week.

There was 1 point between the sides in the league table and there won't be many more come the end of the Grand Final 80 minutes.
    Whoever wins will deserve to, both sides have been terrific in the Super League competition all year and I think both Anderson & Smith will play huge roles in whoever wins on Saturday - as both Us and Leeds are very closely matched in terms of Rugby League ability.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Does anyone think like me that to bet against us is against your religion-can't believe barbarian would even think about it.just ask Longy !
    Learned comment from The Don

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I have watched a cople of this seasons games again on DVD this weekend.Leeds just don't have the pack to to trouble us on paper.........We have to give it to them from the first minute.I'd like to see thefirst 10 sets all up the middle and kick on the 4th to turn them round.just see if the pies took anything out of them.Maybe start with three props on the field.what do you think about tactics?
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by southportsaint
    on the current form leeds will beat us theu look stronger and faster than we have recently.
    I can understand everyone's worry. It is a big game and a 50/50 one imo. They looked good against W*gan but they were out on their feet. Danny Lockwood of League Weekly came up with an interesting stat & Leeds' sometimes inconsistancy. They have lost three of their last four & five of their last nine.

Starting A Programme Collection Samba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroader
    If I had to put my life on one of the teams then I would have to jump into the Saints camp.

However I think Leeds will win.

So, how long have you been clinically suicidal then??:eek: