Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fans around the uk

Starting A Programme Collection wellosgal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redveenewbie
    thought pananma jacks is in warrington ?

It is. The one in St Helens is Panama Joe's might be jacks brother!!!! lol

Starting A Programme Collection geordie saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintyick
    Does Parrbados count as foreign climbs? lol
    it certainly does mate. anyone from this board is welcome. are you thinking of before hand or afterwards....or both
    Finally living in St Helens, after relocating from the North East. And im loving it

Starting A Programme Collection geordie saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    I shall be having my annual pilgrimage into St. Helens after the game although won't be out till 2am I wouldn't imagine.

However comma I will not be going to Chicago Rock or that crappy place Panama Joe's or Jack's or whatever it is. Thumpy-thump music is off limits!
    where you starting off, who is out? Hartlepool is not coming now.
    Finally living in St Helens, after relocating from the North East. And im loving it

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare
    Just dont get tired at 3am after a full day in work, or he'll never speak to you again!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by geordie saint
    where you starting off, who is out? Hartlepool is not coming now.
    At least he's still alive, that's the important thing.

Text me squire. It's a proper sesh but it's gunna involve conversairtion so I durnt ner whether you canny lads 'll fancy that like yer naw!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Got A Season Ticket Birchwood Saint Sean's Avatar

as mentioned in previous posts goin straight to the black bull from work youll find my mobi number in a previous thread you can tell its me tho as im normally wearing a set of black para boots lol

Got A Replica Shirt Yeovil Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geordie saint View Post
    its about time us fans who have a canny travel to the home games arrange a meet up either before or after the matches now and again. I know people travel from Reading, Hartlepool, Wales, London and loads of other places. It would be interesting to have a bit banter etc. Im sure there are a few who might be interested.

I tavel from somerset, usually about once a month. there used to be quite a few of us that travelled, but when saints changed home games to friday nights it stopped most going.
    http://www.somersetvikings.co.uk/

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil Saint View Post
    I tavel from somerset, usually about once a month. there used to be quite a few of us that travelled, but when saints changed home games to friday nights it stopped most going.
    I live in North Yorkshire and find Friday night games difficult to attend due to work and M62/M60 congestion. I have tried staying on the M62 until Rainhill Stoops or exiting onto the East Lancs but it's still a nightmare. IMO this is the reason for poor attendances at KR by away supporters from Yorkshire and not the condition of our ground, you can keep out of the rain at KR the same can't be said for all the Yorkshire grounds with the exception of Huddersfield and Hull.
    See you all at the Sunday games in Yorkshire.

travel all way from Blackburn with wife & father in law,i converted them all, 45 mins if i drive but Mrs as done it in 28 mins.
    on the road with the blackburn crew.

Noooobie

If anyone is travelling from Banbury or Daventry area my sister and I try to get to as many matches as we can we cannot make a lot of the friday matches but try to get to a lot of the sat/sun matches maybe we could get minibus/car share between us... any offers!

Starting A Programme Collection Bobbyrlfc's Avatar

I had to choose my Uni right for next year for the Saints!
    Leeds it is for me, Then i'm smack bang in middle for Cas, Wakey, Bradford, Hudds, Leeds etcc...

Loyal Saints fan me haha.
    1 year left of going to them all.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

I have it quite good aswell, college student from wakefield
    smack bang in the middle of all the yorkshite, i mean yorkshire clubs :P

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyrlfc View Post
    I had to choose my Uni right for next year for the Saints!
    Leeds it is for me, Then i'm smack bang in middle for Cas, Wakey, Bradford, Hudds, Leeds etcc...

Loyal Saints fan me haha.
    1 year left of going to them all.

Leeds is an awesome place to go to Uni. Easy access to everywhere. You just have to get used to seeing Kevin Sinfields unibrow plasetered all over the place.
    Sanctus Espiritus! Insanity is all around us...

When I was based in Catterick, i used to finish at 12 so getting home for 8 on a friday was a doddle, since i`ve moved down to Warminster its pretty hard to make it back in time thanks to Birmingham grrr
    Im only smiling, because I dont know whats going on.

Got A Season Ticket rochdalepontypoolsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fye View Post
    When I was based in Catterick, i used to finish at 12 so getting home for 8 on a friday was a doddle, since i`ve moved down to Warminster its pretty hard to make it back in time thanks to Birmingham grrr
    Welcome to the same dilemma as the rest of the fans that live a fair whack away.
    Maybe that doesn't make you a TRUE fan too!!! lol

welshsaint
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by rochdalepontypoolsaint View Post
    Welcome to the same dilemma as the rest of the fans that live a fair whack away.
    LOL just worked out that we've traveled about 7000 miles this season rushing to and from kick offs. And for all that won't be able to make the rest of the season or the playoffs, when it all gets interesting, not unless we manage the journey in about 2 1/2 hours. [ gosh, is that work I squash into those spare hours??]
    [Probably just as well to miss the Leeds Massacre]

Obviously another bunch or "not proper fans" us.

Quite fancy an excuse to join ScouseDon over at the pool though.

Got A Season Ticket rochdalepontypoolsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by welshsaint View Post
    LOL just worked out that we've traveled about 7000 miles this season rushing to and from kick offs. And for all that won't be able to make the rest of the season or the playoffs, when it all gets interesting, not unless we manage the journey in about 2 1/2 hours. [ gosh, is that work I squash into those spare hours??]
    [Probably just as well to miss the Leeds Massacre]

Obviously another bunch or "not proper fans" us.

Quite fancy an excuse to join ScouseDon over at the pool though.
    Good god. We must be there, or theabouts. I've never actually added them up before.
    We have got around the friday night kickoff thing by my wife booking the half day off. I'll get up with her and drive her to work in England and sit in the car for 4 hours with a book and a psp!!!
    Then as soon as he finishes, straight onto the moterway!!!
    Bloody crackers really but what are the other choices?.......Never see any games?

Quote Originally Posted by rochdalepontypoolsaint View Post
    Aye I love it when I people say that, plus only spending 2 days at home I have to juggle a missus, playing rugby and getting my stuff sorted to go back with on sunday night, unless I finish at around 11 in the morning I normally just right off the friday night game.

Just found out im off to Belize for 6 months in Dec so there another half season missed
    Im only smiling, because I dont know whats going on.

Noooobie

I'm not really a Saints fan as such. I come from London so I WOULD say Quins but I've never really watched them and know more about Saints lol. I go to uni at Loughborough, but my friend (Bubblesheep) got me watching Rugby League and since she's supports Saints I tend to watch most games that are on TV haha.

I happily support Saints whenever I watch, apart from when they play Quins haha =P

The first proper match that I'll be going to (I've been to a few inter uni ones but no Super League matches) is Saints v Leeds next fri =D Can't wait, should be a good'un.

Learning All The Songs BubbleSheep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southy View Post
    I'm not really a Saints fan as such. I come from London so I WOULD say Quins but I've never really watched them and know more about Saints lol. I go to uni at Loughborough, but my friend (Bubblesheep) got me watching Rugby League and since she's supports Saints I tend to watch most games that are on TV haha.

I happily support Saints whenever I watch, apart from when they play Quins haha =P

The first proper match that I'll be going to (I've been to a few inter uni ones but no Super League matches) is Saints v Leeds next fri =D Can't wait, should be a good'un.
    And there ain't gonna be a better game to go to for your first proper game! The place is going to be buzzing. Just hope it doesn't rain for you! lol

Noooobie

Haha. I'm not scared of a bit of rain =P

Looking forward to it =D My first game was meant to be Saints V Quins back in July... glad I didn't go haha.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleSheep View Post
    And there ain't gonna be a better game to go to for your first proper game! The place is going to be buzzing. Just hope it doesn't rain for you! lol
    Yup, its an awesome atmosphere at Headingley, Especially when we win. You can expect some great banter between the fans and it should be very loud.

Noooobie

Awesome. Cant wait =D I just hope Leeds don't win otherwise I won't hear the end of it from a guy at work who's from leeds haha.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Southy View Post
    Awesome. Cant wait =D I just hope Leeds don't win otherwise I won't hear the end of it from a guy at work who's from leeds haha.
    Leeds fans are easy, just point out that an attractive sheep has just walked by and he'll be distracted for hours.

You guys should try get under the scoreboard if you can. thats where we'll be and we never stop singing.

Learning All The Songs BubbleSheep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintlySinner View Post
    Leeds fans are easy, just point out that an attractive sheep has just walked by and he'll be distracted for hours.

You guys should try get under the scoreboard if you can. thats where we'll be and we never stop singing.
    Be a bit heard to see the screen there though, I assume, as its over to the left, whereas the screen at Headingley is on the right (looking from the pitch). Though, when the screens behind you anyway, you hardly watch it. Even if there's no one around me singing, that's not going to stop me! I walk away from games sounding like Barry White. And as it's my mates 1st game, want to make sure we stand somewhere where he'll remember it for a long time... esp with a ringing in his ears after! lol
    "Engineers aren't boring people; we just get excited over boring things"