Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Disciplinary 2024

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Monday is going to bedlam. The RFL's stance on Nu Brown is going to be massive. Do they admit they were wrong in the interpretation and apologise and exonerate him? Or do they double down on their decision and ban him as well?

I get the feeling Monday will be as controversial as last week. There is a video floating round on Twitter which appears to show Liam Sutcliffe of Hull pushing the referee in the middle of the back, when the ball is on the other side of the field. He pushes him quite forcefully and it's one where he could be banned for it if he was pushing a player like that, let alone the referee. Without the excuse of the ball being anywhere near and it being an accident, I really don't see how he gets away with that. He could quite easily get one of the biggest bans we've seen in a long time. Throw in another wave of outraged players and supporters if Brown is banned and the continuing fallout from the World Club Challenge abomination and anything in Sunday's games too.
    I said similar this afternoon, the disciplinary announcement on a Monday has now become some sort of an event amongst RL fans on social media, it gets to around 2pm and people are just sat online waiting to see what nonsense they’ve come up with.

Positive on the saints front is that I think we won’t be mentioned for the second week running which is something to celebrate for us haha

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post

Positive on the saints front is that I think we won’t be mentioned for the second week running which is something to celebrate for us haha
    It will come at some stage, I'm sure.
    It's nice to be looking on as interested bystander for now after the shambles such as Knowles "hip drop" ban and several others.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post
    I said similar this afternoon, the disciplinary announcement on a Monday has now become some sort of an event amongst RL fans on social media, it gets to around 2pm and people are just sat online waiting to see what nonsense they’ve come up with.

Yeah, these chumps have made themselves the stars of the show and are controlling the narrative. They're drunk with power and appear to have no accountability, should have become politicians!

Noooobie

Just released:

An open letter to the RFL. Please read ⬇️

The Hull FC Vice Presidents Association has been supporting our team and the great game of rugby league for more than 40 years.

We have been moved to express our bewilderment and disappointment at the current application of the laws of the game after the red card for Nu Brown at Warrington.

Rarely, if ever, has a single sending off united players, ex-players, fans and journalists in questioning the way the game is heading.

Whilst we support action against illegal attacks to the head, it makes a mockery of the game to conflate that with an accidental clash.

Both the blooded Ben Currie of Warrington and Nu Brown has expressed surprise over the action. And Nu Brown has even defended the referees that have to implement this mess.

The RFL is losing the backing of the game’s stakeholders. It has even attracted mockery from Specsavers, a former sponsor of the game.

We take no pleasure in writing this letter and would much rather be discussing the gutsy display of our young side on Friday.

We ask for a reevaluation of the application of the present law involving all stakeholders. We are dealing here with the future direction of our beloved game.

An accident is just that and the game must allow for some.

We would be happy to discuss this and other points with any RFL official in the future.

We implore the RFL please make sense of the current law interpretation and disciplinary process.

We would love nothing more than having confidence in the game and its administration.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indigenous View Post
    Just released:

An open letter to the RFL. Please read

The Hull FC Vice Presidents Association has been supporting our team and the great game of rugby league for more than 40 years.

We have been moved to express our bewilderment and disappointment at the current application of the laws of the game after the red card for Nu Brown at Warrington.

Rarely, if ever, has a single sending off united players, ex-players, fans and journalists in questioning the way the game is heading.

Whilst we support action against illegal attacks to the head, it makes a mockery of the game to conflate that with an accidental clash.

Both the blooded Ben Currie of Warrington and Nu Brown has expressed surprise over the action. And Nu Brown has even defended the referees that have to implement this mess.

The RFL is losing the backing of the game’s stakeholders. It has even attracted mockery from Specsavers, a former sponsor of the game.

We take no pleasure in writing this letter and would much rather be discussing the gutsy display of our young side on Friday.

We ask for a reevaluation of the application of the present law involving all stakeholders. We are dealing here with the future direction of our beloved game.

An accident is just that and the game must allow for some.

We would be happy to discuss this and other points with any RFL official in the future.

We implore the RFL please make sense of the current law interpretation and disciplinary process.

We would love nothing more than having confidence in the game and its administration.
    A great letter. It would be more effective if other clubs would put their name to it too. It was clear that Warrington weren't happy with the decision even though it archduchess won then the game and one of their players was badly cut in the incident.
    This is the first decision I can remember when almost to a man everyone disagrees with. A united stance in protest might do some good

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk