Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Scott

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it. Lyon was known for liking a drink and at the time we signed him nobody knew what sort of shape he'd be in. But I don't remember him having anything dodgy on his record. Barba's record was more 'colourful', shall we say ... he'd been caught with marching powder IIRC? ... but no suggestion at that time of domestic violence issues.

Scott, on the other hand, looks to be a wrong'un of the highest order. I'm not in favour of people's lives being written off because they've made mistakes, but at the same time I wouldn't be happy with Saints being associated with someone who beats up and threatens to kill women.

On a more pragmatic level, Lyon and Barba were exceptional players that you might argue were worth taking a risk on. Is Scott that good?
    I think that lumping Lyon in with Barba and Scott is going a bit far. From memory Lyon walked out of an NRL contract to go back to Bush rugby. I may be wrong but I don’t think that there was anything about drugs or violence in his case.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 2nd December 2023 at 11:32. Reason: wrong name

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think that lumping Lyon in with Barba and Scott is going a bit far. From memory Barba walked out of an NRL contract to go back to Bush rugby. I may be wrong but I don’t think that there was anything about drugs or violence in his case.
    Wasn't that Lyon?

I think that lumping Lyon in with Barba and Scott is going a bit far. From memory Barba walked out of an NRL contract to go back to Bush rugby. I may be wrong but I don’t think that there was anything about drugs or violence in his case.
    You might have put Barba when you meant to put Lyon there?

Lyon got sick of professional RL and went playing for Wee Waa. Barba signed for NQC and something domestic related happened that was caught on cctv. NQC subsequently binned him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Yes there was a big difference between Lyon and Barba in terms of behaviour both on and off the field. Lyon just didn't want to get caught up in all the hype in the pro game, when Saints came knocking they must have approached him in a relaxed manner to give it a go avoiding that NRL hype.

I don't know if its true, but I have heard it a few times now that when he vacated his rental house in Rainford he left his Man of Steel Award (2025) in the house, rugby enjoyment was his thing.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    As always these things are tough and potentially open up a can of worms. People do need to be given second chances etc but according to the comments from his former partner, she feels he still hasn't accepted he did anything wrong.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. She's obviously the aggrieved party though so more likely to say that, I'm not saying if she's right or wrong. I'm not actually sure he'd get a visa in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    Wasn't that Lyon?
    Yes.My mistake.

Learning All The Songs

Wello talking about waiting not just for the right player but right person. Then signing someone like that. Can't see it happening.

I don't think Saints will sign anyone else unless something happens through the season and they can get hold of someone good.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

Second chances? Look at his rap sheet. It’s literally 12 chance. He is a wrong un of the highest order.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Wello talking about waiting not just for the right player but right person. Then signing someone like that. Can't see it happening.

I don't think Saints will sign anyone else unless something happens through the season and they can get hold of someone good.
    The closer it gets to Christmas the more I think this myself. It's obviously a bit of a risk but could also be a master stroke as there's always someone who becomes available. It's not like we're a terrible team to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post

I,m thinking more early next year when the NRL have finished their jockeying for positions, it looking more like a fringe player though. No reason to panic Mbye could play anywhere along the back line we would just need a reserve No 9 to step up for 15-20 mins.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I,m thinking more early next year when the NRL have finished their jockeying for positions, it looking more like a fringe player though. No reason to panic Mbye could play anywhere along the back line we would just need a reserve No 9 to step up for 15-20 mins.
    Can Mbye play centre? I'd heard of him but didn't really know much about him and he's gone a bit under the radar since he came with Roby retiring/Clarke signing. He looks like he has the right build to me but doesn't look overly comfortable at hooker, and I don't fancy him at scrum half one bit.

*Just read his bio on the website, it says he can play centre. Also says he kicks goals which may prove useful.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJ View Post
    Can Mbye play centre? I'd heard of him but didn't really know much about him and he's gone a bit under the radar since he came with Roby retiring/Clarke signing. He looks like he has the right build to me but doesn't look overly comfortable at hooker, and I don't fancy him at scrum half one bit.

*Just read his bio on the website, it says he can play centre. Also says he kicks goals which may prove useful.
    https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/p...positions.html this shows his games and positions etc

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJ View Post

Played most of his games in the backs, think I,ve read somewhere of his 200+ appearances he's only played about 20 games at no 9. More of a utility back really, but his half back experience makes him adaptable for the no 9 spot as well. Understand he has had some decent performances at full back.

EDIT: Just seen Brooks link, that confirms his least experienced position is hooker.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Played most of his games in the backs, think I,ve read somewhere of his 200+ appearances he's only played about 20 games at no 9. More of a utility back really, but his half back experience makes him adaptable for the no 9 spot as well. Understand he has had some decent performances at full back.

EDIT: Just seen Brooks link, that confirms his least experienced position is hooker.
    It's a very useful link but the letdown is when it comes to the bench players,it doesn't show what they played when they went on. I'm assuming he was a back up hooker in most of his bench appearances and if so it adds more to his experience there.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/p...positions.html this shows his games and positions etc
    Thanks, great link.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Sounds a lot like Lance Hohaia's profile (but without the World Cup winning experience)!

This shows he has much more utility value than I was aware of. Thx.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

It shows he's a journeyman

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    It shows he's a journeyman

Why ? He's had 4 clubs,so have many other players we signed

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Why ? He's had 4 clubs,so have many other players we signed
    No because he's had 4 clubs and no one has any idea where he plays.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I'm in a bit of a dilemna too with this one. I was a former Police Officer (I resigned 8 years ago next May) so in some respects am in the "lock em up forever camp" however I also do agree that you can't punish someone forever for mistakes made. My understanding is that he has admitted his mistakes, has shown remorse and also quit the one factor that was affecting his behaviour- Alcohol. Now had he continued to drink and hid behind the "I am only violent when I drink" excuse then I would have little sympathy for him. However he has completely quit drinking which shows an intention and motivation to change his behaviour.

We had Barba who had previously been a bad boy and continued to drink to the point where he ended up back in trouble as soon as he left us. Not sure what the difference between him and Barba is?
    Worth a punt, would go well in Super league, behavior issues can easily be written into his contract, to protect the club.

Got A Season Ticket

I think another key thing about players like Scott is if or not Wello is Upto the job of trying to sort him out? He’s still very much a novice coach who is only going to be under more pressure as time goes on, not sure he needs this too.

Learning All The Songs

Setting aside his off-field behaviour issues we took a chance on the likes of Lyon & Barba because they were world class players, Scott on the other hand is absolutely bang average.
    He definately isn't worth the trouble !!

Got A Replica Shirt

Top and bottom of it is that once it is known that a club is after not just the right player but the right person, then signing a player such as Scott will bring immediate negative press and online media comments followed by a constant magnifying glass scrutiny.