Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalan Away April 24

Got A Replica Shirt

Anybody recommend the best pubs in Perpignan for Friday night and before the match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loads of places depends on what you are looking for.
    If you want to be in amongst the Saints fans you really won't miss them around the Castille but there are plenty of nice restaurants, bars and wine bars and some lovely squares to sit out in (if the weather suits). I wouldn't try to plan everything it's a nice place play it by ear and enjoy.
    Not booked yet the flights available don't suit.. Hoping more flights released at some point.

We had a great night at The Delirium Cafe the night before the play off with plenty of fans but did our own thing away from the throng on match day with a few bottles of red and it was chilled.

A word of warning there is virtually nothing in the vicinity of the stadium.

Starting A Programme Collection

Delirium is a new bar, a good addition to be fair.

Arena sports bar is alright. OFlahertys Irish bar is also decent. They’re close to eachother.

It’s come a long way Perpignan over the last few years, was very little to do at one point but just around there now there’s a few decent places and there’s another Irish bar near the castle.

There’s a square called Place De La Republique that was restaurants/bars as well.

Finally booked flights yesterday. It can be tricky getting the right flights especially early in the year before the summer routes kick in. Perpignan is not the easiest place to get to and there are very few direct flights- went via Beziers and Carcassonne last year for the two fixtures.

Ryanair had flash sale on Wednesday / Thursday so managed to get Manchester-Girona at reasonable price return. Thursday-Monday. Price has doubled today so glad I didn't think about it too long!!

Deliberating whether to stay the Sunday night in Girona- anyone been and is it worth a night there instead of extra night in Perpignan?

Seems to be plenty of trains and buses between Girona and Perpignan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Delirium is a new bar, a good addition to be fair.

Arena sports bar is alright. OFlahertys Irish bar is also decent. They’re close to eachother.

It’s come a long way Perpignan over the last few years, was very little to do at one point but just around there now there’s a few decent places and there’s another Irish bar near the castle.

There’s a square called Place De La Republique that was restaurants/bars as well.
    Had a good night in Delirium with the Gerard lot the Thursday before for the play off game last season.

There are lots of nice places for a drink if you wander the streets. Some nice squares.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Finally booked flights yesterday. It can be tricky getting the right flights especially early in the year before the summer routes kick in. Perpignan is not the easiest place to get to and there are very few direct flights- went via Beziers and Carcassonne last year for the two fixtures.

Ryanair had flash sale on Wednesday / Thursday so managed to get Manchester-Girona at reasonable price return. Thursday-Monday. Price has doubled today so glad I didn't think about it too long!!

Deliberating whether to stay the Sunday night in Girona- anyone been and is it worth a night there instead of extra night in Perpignan?

A few Irish pubs in Girona and plenty of good restaurants. If you take the train it’s worth taking the AVE (high speed). It costs a bit more but is much faster and more comfortable. The normal train takes forever and I think you need to change trains at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    A few Irish pubs in Girona and plenty of good restaurants. If you take the train it’s worth taking the AVE (high speed). It costs a bit more but is much faster and more comfortable. The normal train takes forever and I think you need to change trains at the border.
    I tend to avoid Irish pubs! Unless sport to watch.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I spent an unintended day/night there a few years ago because the trains over to Perpignan were on strike (the day before the game luckily).
    The centre is quite nice and old worldy . City walls to walk along. Spanish too, so it was a bit cheaper. I'd stay again if the flights worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I spent an unintended day/night there a few years ago because the trains over to Perpignan were on strike (the day before the game luckily).
    The centre is quite nice and old worldy . City walls to walk along. Spanish too, so it was a bit cheaper. I'd stay again if the flights worked for me.
    Cheers Barry. Yeah seriously considering having the Sunday there.
    Will have to stay Thursday but it will be late evening. Might still sneak couple of beers in !

The old Jewish quarter is worth having a walk around.

Changed thread title can use this for all things related to Catalan away in April as queries arise.

Noooobie

Manchester - Beziers looks a decent option for Friday to Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Manchester - Beziers looks a decent option for Friday to Sunday
    If your leaving Perpignan Sunday morning it's touch and go if you make that flight at 11.30am. The game is 9pm.Saturday evening and no trains after the match. I think first train out is about half eight and it takes an hour. Then you have to get from train station to airport. Any delay or cancellation and your won't make it.
    The Beziers flights were Thurs and Monday last year that worked better.

Noooobie

If your leaving Perpignan Sunday morning it's touch and go if you make that flight at 11.30am. The game is 9pm.Saturday evening and no trains after the match. I think first train out is about half eight and it takes an hour. Then you have to get from train station to airport.
    The Beziers flights were Thurs and Monday last year that worked better.
    Looked ok. 8:14am train from Perpignan to beziers on Sunday. Get to the airport around 09:30ish. Flight is 11:30. Doable I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Looked ok. 8:14am train from Perpignan to beziers on Sunday. Get to the airport around 09:30ish. Flight is 11:30. Doable I reckon
    The airport is really small you get processed in no time.

Noooobie

Yeah that’s what I heard too. Quite fast to get through. But gone up a bit in price since I last looked. Should have booked it

Got A Replica Shirt

Decent priced flight from Manchester to Beziers this morning,travelling on the 4th of April.