Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: What are the chances!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Noooobie

Default What are the chances!

So Iíve come to Krakow for a few days and bumped into Hull KR legend Peter Fox! He was telling me that he nearly signed for Saints but it was dependent on Francis Meli leaving, and he decided to stay. Not being disrespectful but I would have taken him over Meli anytime!

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Stockportsaint View Post
    So Iíve come to Krakow for a few days and bumped into Hull KR legend Peter Fox! He was telling me that he nearly signed for Saints but it was dependent on Francis Meli leaving, and he decided to stay. Not being disrespectful but I would have taken him over Meli anytime!

Got A Season Ticket

Wow. Blast from the past.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

He had a great run of form for a good few years at Wakefield and KR and did well for England too. Surprised a bigger team never took a punt on him and even more surprised that we presumably chose Meli over him.

Decent player was Fox, but I think Meli gets a raw deal from our fans. He had his face-palm moments but he was a good player for us all round, IMO.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Decent player was Fox, but I think Meli gets a raw deal from our fans. He had his face-palm moments but he was a good player for us all round, IMO.
    He was nothing short of a liability in the big games and made catastrophic errors in the majority of finals he played in. I remember detailing them all on the other board a few years back, I don't have the energy to search for it and can't face reminding myself of it either!