Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Lms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Noooobie

Default Lms

Just heard LMS to retire at the end of the season. He may not be everyones favourite but he has been loyal member of the red vee. Big thank you for your time with us. https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2023/09/2...2023/?swcfpc=1

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

He’s been a cracking player for Saints, IMO. Had a rough period in the KC years, like most did, but since Holbrook’s arrival he’s made a huge contribution.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

LMS has been a fantastic servant for this club.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

He's been a great player, his retirement will be overshadowed by Roby's

But over the years he turned out in different roles under different coaches and given 100% every time

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think LMS is a testament to what attitude can get you.

Not the biggest or fastest, but gives 100% every week, and still lifts the team.

Absolute lunatic too, and I'm sure will be missed day to day at the club

In The South Stand

Quite a career he’s had with us. If we’re honest, he come in miles off the finished product and it showed, he gave away a lot of penalties and made some questionable decisions with and without the ball and at one point, I don’t think many would have been too upset had he been moved on. That said, the improvement in him has been night and day and he has been a massive cog in the machine that’s become this successful Saints side.

To make as many appearances for the club and to win what he’s done probably gets overlooked a little, too. What a career he’s had.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

He's had his ups and downs but ever since Holbrook came in, he's been excellent. He really went up a level then and has been a mainstay in the team ever since. Despite his age, he's not really deteriorated and very rarely misses games due to injury. We are losing two very durable players in him and Roby, I hope we get as much out of their replacements as we did them two.

Mainly though, the guy is absolutely mad. There's not many characters like him in the game and I'm sure hell be a loss in that dressing room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    He's had his ups and downs but ever since Holbrook came in, he's been excellent. He really went up a level then and has been a mainstay in the team ever since. Despite his age, he's not really deteriorated and very rarely misses games due to injury. We are losing two very durable players in him and Roby, I hope we get as much out of their replacements as we did them two.

Mainly though, the guy is absolutely mad. There's not many characters like him in the game and I'm sure hell be a loss in that dressing room.
    It’s hard to assess the effect that he has on morale and the way he can motivate others. His unbridled enthusiasm is contagious and he’s going to be missed. I can’t think of anyone else like him. His fire fighting colleagues are in for a surprise.

P. S. I did put bold round your last paragraph but it hasn’t worked. You’ve summed him up well.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 20th September 2023 at 21:36. Reason: PS

In The South Stand

An outstanding player and a fantastic character as well. I think the big character may have at times distracted people from his ability too. He's so quick and agile for a prop, his effort is unrelenting and he's always been so committed to the cause. Despite not being a local lad and despite getting some pelters over the years, he's always stood up for us and he's always wanted the ball. He's the kind of player who you imagine would gladly strap himself together with duct tape and play on if the club needed him to.

I love the guy. One of my favourite players of all time. It's going to feel like something is missing when he's not there next season.

In The West Stand

Great servant who’s always played his role. A great character to boot. It’s a shame he’s not staying in the sport, would have thought he could have been great at looking after the welfare of players.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Magnificent career. I really didn't think he'd be at Saints this long. I thought his time had come to an end at one point and that he'd move on pre Holbrook. However, he reinvigorated himself. He's been a really important cog to our recent success. He's settled in the community and became one of us. We'll miss him. Thank you Louie. One more push, one more winners ring.
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Never the biggest, best, fastest etc but worked his absolute bollocks off for the team every time he’s stepped on the pitch. Improved year on year as well. We will miss his energy, passion and enthusiasm on and off the pitch. Happy retirement Louis.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Never the biggest, best, fastest etc but worked his absolute bollocks off for the team every time he’s stepped on the pitch. Improved year on year as well. We will miss his energy, passion and enthusiasm on and off the pitch. Happy retirement Louis.
    Haven't seen many forwards faster than him. I remember we used to debate if he should play in the centres at one stage.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Great character the players are going to miss his off field infectious humour. Still got good pace for a prop after all those years and gets through tons of work. Wish him well for the future outside the game.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Haven't seen many forwards faster than him. I remember we used to debate if he should play in the centres at one stage.
    Indeed I remember him going in from 60m out at Widnes when we were renting there

Got A Season Ticket

I love LMS and his impact on the playing group, I think we'll really miss him.

But can you imagine being cooped up on a long dull night shift in the firestation with him?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post

But can you imagine being cooped up on a long dull night shift in the firestation with him?
    I imagine he'll just play on the fireman's pole all night, if they still have those in this mad world of health and safety.

But yeah, being jump scared for the 94th time on a quiet night might be a bit taxing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post

I hope he can control his enthusiastic language during his training sessions.