Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Salford

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    This is it. Our defending is shit but Makinson gets done for a late hit and nothing for one on Lomax off the ball. Partington swings a punch, misses to be fair, nothing from the ref.

Davies and Hopoate are possibly the slowest centre pairing I’ve ever seen and look vulnerable every time Salford shift it wide.
    If Partington connects, it’s got to be a red card, which I’m completely fine with. If we’re sending off players for that, why aren’t we at least showing yellow cards for throwing punches with intent? The Sneyd one was a bad one, he really turned into it and that’s a penalty.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

I’m wondering how long it will be before we get called Tubthumpers again

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    If Partington connects, it’s got to be a red card, which I’m completely fine with. If we’re sending off players for that, why aren’t we at least showing yellow cards for throwing punches with intent? The Sneyd one was a bad one, he really turned into it and that’s a penalty.
    Probably should be more focussed on us being shit and not looking in the slightest bit interested in the game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I’m sorry but Sironen is 100% committed to that tackle and it was a legal attempt. In real time there’s probably half a second between the pass and the tackle. ••••ing joke.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Probably should be more focussed on us being shit and not looking in the slightest bit interested in the game.
    The two things aren’t exclusive of each other. Saints can be rubbish and the referee should be penalising Partington and Sneyd. There’s an argument they don’t score their second if Sneyd is rightfully penalised.

Starting A Programme Collection Harri81's Avatar

From the best defence to 3rd worst in the league, no attack, Salford likely to win for the first time in 43 years at saints, Wellens and the whole current coaching team need to go. Losing is one thing but the type of rugby we are playing is so so poor, Halifax will beat us next time out.
    Saints until i Die!!!!

In The South Stand

Our best set of the game results in a try.

Learning All The Songs

Needed that but how bad is our defence
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Starting A Programme Collection

The most prominent word that springs to mind is clueless and that has to lie at the feet of the coaching staff. I just cannot see this changing through players coming back from injury, or a few tweaks in tactics etc Effort and intensity looks lacking in all areas so I am already worried for Wellens' future.

Shocking that when we go through a full set without making a stupid error getting quick plays of the ball we score. When you’re playing poorly, amazing what a bit of basic rugby will do. A touch of class from Roby, a bit of magic from Sironen and we convert. Then we make a stupid error in our own 30 and give the opposition a chance to undo all our hard work.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Harri81 View Post
    From the best defence to 3rd worst in the league, no attack, Salford likely to win for the first time in 43 years at saints, Wellens and the whole current coaching team need to go. Losing is one thing but the type of rugby we are playing is so so poor, Halifax will beat us next time out.
    We have the least points against in the league coming into this game , where is that 3rd worst defence stat coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by JonNgog View Post
    We have the least points against in the league coming into this game , where is that 3rd worst defence stat coming from?
    If listening on CH4, think they misheard. Amor said the 3rd for missed tackles

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Needed that but how bad is our defence
    Don’t worry about our defence, our attack is 10 times worse. The reality is, we are the easiest to read attacking team in the league by a country mile.

I don’t like to criticise any player but Dodd is shocking.
    And he’s not the only one. I’m beginning to think wether they want to play for wello

Lucky to be within 6 points. Need a half time rocket. Great tactics from Salford to hold down the kick returner every time to let their defensive line get into position, knowing full well that it’ll never be a penalty. Set restart was a great idea but not fit for purpose in its current form.

Seriously. Wellens doesn’t survive this. He clearly can’t get this team up for it. With the proven skill and aggression we have that has brought us 4 titles on the bounce. Wellens clearly can’t tap into it. He’s the walking dead. Crying shame but the team, club and everything is always bigger than any players or coach.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Coaches don't miss tackles and that's been our undoing thus far. If Ritson grounds different story, hard luck lad. Attack is almost at desperation at times. Come on boys we need score first 2nd half to get us back in it

I also think Makinson and Sironen will get a ban come Monday the way the MRP has been lately

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Lucky to be within 6 points. Need a half time rocket. Great tactics from Salford to hold down the kick returner every time to let their defensive line get into position, knowing full well that it’ll never be a penalty. Set restart was a great idea but not fit for purpose in its current form.
    Very lucky to be within 6 points. Don’t know how to be honest.

Learning All The Songs

Oh i know but watching Salford being able to get out their own half so easy is so un saints like (un Wolfe like)

Back to basics gets us into the top 6.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

If Wello goes I dont see Saints ever having an ex player as coach. It just seems an impossible ask to be class at both, no matter how good as a player and the coaching experience and qualifications. Surely the club will stay with Wello at least to next year?

In The South Stand

You can go back over pretty much all of our match threads and take the same things from them and post them each week and you'd be well within your rights to do so because we make the same mistakes nearly every week and we don't appear to be showing any signs of adapting our style or learning from past mistakes and today is another example of that. Sam Tomkins showed pre-game that Catalans' game plan (and not the first team to do that this year, either), was to get the ball in hands and spread it wide to either exploit our narrow defence and/or to tire out our pack so that they could punch holes in a fatigued side. Salford have come to do similar and have got their rewards breaking out wide for both of their tries.

Our attack and end of sets has been poor, we've had Joe Batchelor and Curtis Sironen kicking on the last and it fills me with dread when things like this happen and screams no plan, it's panicked. That said, our best attacking set produced a try and Ritson was close to a try so it's not all bad. Chris Kendall is a clown though. I doubt Salford score their second if he does his job and penalises Sneyd for stopping and turning into Lomax.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Don’t worry about our defence, our attack is 10 times worse. The reality is, we are the easiest to read attacking team in the league by a country mile.

Complete lack of coaching. Mainly one of rugby. Only one halfback playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    Coaches don't miss tackles and that's been our undoing thus far. If Ritson grounds different story, hard luck lad. Attack is almost at desperation at times. Come on boys we need score first 2nd half to get us back in it
    But coaches get the team up for the game. Do we really look up for this vehicular game. Because it is crucial and Welsby looks more than happy to farm the ball out to a guy who couldn’t even get in the team 2 weeks ago.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

The forwards just running into a brick line, ball players are waving the ball around but not opening the defence up.

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Complete lack of coaching. Mainly one of rugby. Only one halfback playing.
    How many times today I have seen 2-3 players almost sat on top of each other in the line. They are better prepared to spread covid than pass a ••••ing ball.