Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coote

Learning All The Songs

Default Coote

Retiring at the end of the season.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/65552216

In The South Stand

Was a pleasure to watch him,he was an integral part of our success.

In The South Stand

Superb player, probably one of my favourite players we’ve signed for some time, too. I loved Barba and how exciting it was when he got the ball in his hands but Coote was much more rounded a player and was a massive part of what we did.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Superb player, probably one of my favourite players we’ve signed for some time, too. I loved Barba and how exciting it was when he got the ball in his hands but Coote was much more rounded a player and was a massive part of what we did.

Pure class, but took a lot of knocks defending at HKR. I expected this but thought if he was still with us he probably would have gone around again.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Didn't want to come to SL and we only got him because for some reason he was out of favour in the NRL.

Once over here, gave it his absolute all and was taken to heart by the Saints fans. A really imperious player with some great skills. Remember us tearing Warrington a new one in a season they were beginning to think was their year (yet again) and 'He's the reason' belted out for almost 80 mins.

Best of luck to him for the future. Hope he gets to play one last time at TTWS.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

One of my all time favourite players.

Classy on and off the field, a true Saint.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

3 seasons, 3 titles. Despite the song he was t the only reason, but certainly a integral part. His all round play, leadership and professionalism were a huge part of what drove us to be so successful. Hull KR are certainly a better side for having him there as well. I wonder whether he might still have been with us now if it hadn’t been for the emergence of Welsby.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

I'm sure I read that he was ready to retire when he couldn't get a new contract in the NRL and then we signed him and he's had a whole 2nd career.

What a great signing he was. He was integral in turning us into a champion team from a team that was almost there. So consistent, too; the only bad game I can remember him having, sadly, was that cup final against Warrington when he was brought back from injury.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    I'm sure I read that he was ready to retire when he couldn't get a new contract in the NRL and then we signed him and he's had a whole 2nd career.
    Yes that is right,he said more than once that Saints saved his career. He had an extra 5 years over here he was never expecting.

Starting A Programme Collection

Thanks Lachlan what a great servant to Saints.

Agree with those who suggest he was one of our best signings for a long time.

He was like the piece of the Jigsaw that was missing to complete it and he did that. The rest is History.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    3 seasons, 3 titles. Despite the song he was t the only reason, but certainly a integral part. His all round play, leadership and professionalism were a huge part of what drove us to be so successful. Hull KR are certainly a better side for having him there as well. I wonder whether he might still have been with us now if it hadn’t been for the emergence of Welsby.
    Very unselfish player on and off the field, remember in his leaving interview he stated that he didn't want to delay the up and coming young talent coming through into the team and that comment was refering to Welsby.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Great player and a great bloke too.
    Saints seem to talk about the type of character they like in a signing, not just ability. Coote epitomises that, I think.

I hope he goes on to have a long, healthy life post-rugby. He's had more than his fair share of high shots.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

He had a interview with Vossy on Vossys breakfast show today.

Was very complimentary of his time at Saints and his current team HKR.

Learning All The Songs

I hope he gets a great reception when he turns up for his last game at the TWS, he was a pleasure to watch.

One of my all-time favourite saints players we have signed from overseas.

He had/has everything as a FB and was a perfect fit for us at exactly the right moment post-Barba. It reads as if we were the perfect fit for him at the exact right moment too. It kind of seemed like destiny for this signing to have happened. It is no fluke that we were able to go from a class team that was nearly there to a treble winning championship team with him in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    One of my all-time favourite saints players we have signed from overseas.

He had/has everything as a FB and was a perfect fit for us at exactly the right moment post-Barba. It reads as if we were the perfect fit for him at the exact right moment too. It kind of seemed like destiny for this signing to have happened. It is no fluke that we were able to go from a class team that was nearly there to a treble winning championship team with him in it.
    Barba when he was interested had so much excitement in him, but Coote held us together, directed the play and was a great FB. At times he played like he was in his dinner suit but was never afraid of getting it dirty. A great overseas signing.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Barba when he was interested had so much excitement in him, but Coote held us together, directed the play and was a great FB. At times he played like he was in his dinner suit but was never afraid of getting it dirty. A great overseas signing.
    On his day Barba was unplayable but he could go from a 10/10 player to a 4/10 player. Coote was always at least an 8/10. The best compliment I could give Coote was he was the closest to Wellens I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    On his day Barba was unplayable but he could go from a 10/10 player to a 4/10 player. Coote was always at least an 8/10. The best compliment I could give Coote was he was the closest to Wellens I have seen.
    Probably my favourite FB after Wellens.

In The South Stand

Outstanding player and a great guy. Not sure why he ventured off to waste the last years of his career at Hull KR when he could have won more trophies with us, but love the guy anyway.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Outstanding player and a great guy. Not sure why he ventured off to waste the last years of his career at Hull KR when he could have won more trophies with us, but love the guy anyway.
    We only offered him one year,hkr offered two and more money. Can't blame him at all for taking more money,an extra few hundred thousand pounds in one last payday.

Got A Season Ticket

I can't add any more to whats been said already, Coote has also been one of my fave players and I don't blame him for taking that 2 yrs at HKR, and as sad as I was to lose him from Saints, he made way for Welsby. Thank you Lachlan.

Does anyone know his next move? Staying in RL?

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Found himself a nice place in Saints history. Was fantastic for us. Making the move to HKR probably stops him being described as a legend. Wether that was warranted or not.

Learning All The Songs

retiring with immediate effect. Thanks for 3 brilliant years with Saints

Definitely one of our best overseas players of recent times.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!