Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woolf MK2

Learning All The Songs

Back to earth with a bump........................................ Wello under pressure again?

Got A Season Ticket

This is cringe worthy now. This place turns toxic in no time for a “fans” forum.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Back to earth with a bump........................................ Wello under pressure again?
    Why ? Are teams not allowed to beat us ?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Why ? Are teams not allowed to beat us ?
    Of course they’re allowed to lose. However after proving last week that they can play with the same intensity, effort and commitment that won us a WCC/ go 4 in a row, it was critically important to prove it wasn’t a one off, and all the “were back” chest thumping from last week wasn’t wasted oxygen.

Instead what we got was the performance we have had for the rest of the year. Low effort, slow, panicked, and for a 6th time surrendering a 12-0 advantage. We’re not back, the same problems exist as they have all year and last week was a weird fluke. It’s either attitude or coaching, but the same people are responsible for both

Learning All The Songs

I wonder how many times under Woolf did we lose after being 12-0 up?

Woolf has gone - Wello is our coach . Some people find it very easy to roll over and show their bellies when things get tough .

Get a grip and get behind your team instead of the throwing the boot in when your team are down .

They lyrics to Bob Dylan’s positively 4th street spring to mind

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Woolf has gone - Wello is our coach . Some people find it very easy to roll over and show their bellies when things get tough .

Get a grip and get behind your team instead of the throwing the boot in when your team are down .

Couldn’t agree more.

In The South Stand

I don’t think it’s “throwing the boot in” to discuss the teams tactics, that for the most part, have been exactly the same every week this season and of which, many of us aren’t enamoured by because of the results but also the style of play and the lack of adapting to rule changes and working on things that are clearly weaknesses within the team this year.

At what point can people criticise without being accused of being a bad fan or being entitled?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I don’t think it’s “throwing the boot in” to discuss the teams tactics, that for the most part, have been exactly the same every week this season and of which, many of us aren’t enamoured by because of the results but also the style of play and the lack of adapting to rule changes and working on things that are clearly weaknesses within the team this year.

At what point can people criticise without being accused of being a bad fan or being entitled?
    Very well made point. Discourse is natural and ok.

Ask the Woolf Out mob ! They will give you a specific time frame as to when it’s ok

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    I wonder how many times under Woolf did we lose after being 12-0 up?
    Under Woolf we had a couple of games were we got a right tonking during the season, I think this season we,ve had 3 games of being 12-0 up and rightly or wrongly the ref has then reduced us to 12 men on each occasion.

Personally I'm not going into a blind panic in where we are at the moment, if we are producing the same stuff come Aug/Sept then I might get concerned. What I have noticed with the exception of Wakefield every other team have tried to bring their A game to us and its almost "grand final" proportions when they beat us.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Under Woolf we had a couple of games were we got a right tonking during the season, I think this season we,ve had 3 games of being 12-0 up and rightly or wrongly the ref has then reduced us to 12 men on each occasion.

Personally I'm not going into a blind panic in where we are at the moment, if we are producing the same stuff come Aug/Sept then I might get concerned. What I have noticed with the exception of Wakefield every other team have tried to bring their A game to us and its almost "grand final" proportions when they beat us.
    I don’t get your last paragraph. You don’t think teams raised their game last year or the year before or the year before that? I don’t think teams have suddenly woke up because we’ve won it four times, I think we’re poorly coached and others have the number on us because of the way we play.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I don’t get your last paragraph. You don’t think teams raised their game last year or the year before or the year before that? I don’t think teams have suddenly woke up because we’ve won it four times, I think we’re poorly coached and others have the number on us because of the way we play.
    The difference between last season and this season is that opposition teams are staying in the game much longer and have got a leg up with those yellow cards and suspensions. Last season some teams would compete for 6o mins and fall away, in a way we are getting a taste of our own medicine and its us that are falling away.

I,m not sure if we are poorly coached its more like a change of circumstances, Wello is not coaching them to be indisciplined and coaching them to get injured, the only factor we can probably consider is that Wello is not as calm and detailed as Woolf and the man management style is still a work in progress. We also some players well below par, Roby looks a season too far, Makinson is struggling, Dodd has his head elsewere and Knowles has become a liability. Also I don't think Woolf had such a long extensive and significant amount of injured players, we also seem to be refereed slighly differently this season.

Time will tell if we get things back in our favour but one thing I do know is that continued success doesn't last forever so fans need to get ready for it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

We’re hustling big time this year. We’ll limp through the whole season. We’ll have some good performances and some pretty bad ones. This forum will be insufferable. We’ll fall out of the cup in the semi (because as a club we don’t seem to take the cup too serious), finish 4th in the league, and then spank every team in the play offs and walk the grand final. All day.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Very well made point. Discourse is natural and ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    We’re hustling big time this year. We’ll limp through the whole season. We’ll have some good performances and some pretty bad ones. This forum will be insufferable. We’ll fall out of the cup in the semi (because as a club we don’t seem to take the cup too serious), finish 4th in the league, and then spank every team in the play offs and walk the grand final. All day.
    If I was a betting man , I’d put a tenner on this ! Totally agree

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I would accept that.

In The South Stand

I think we may sneak fourth but go out at the semi’s in the cup and for the Grand Final, in similar ways to how we did under Cunningham, because I fear we aren’t well coached and others will be stronger.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Presumably that is tongue in cheek? Because at the moment I can see no objective evidence to back up the theory.

Of course a lot can change in 5 months, and certainly if we can ever get a full pack out on a consistent basis we'll have enough to get into the playoffs (probably top 4), but I can't see us winning anything until we discover a level of creativity that has (Wire game apart) been missing in action this year.

(That is in no way an endorsement of the title of this thread, which I think is premature and unfair)