Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 123456122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Saints Games

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Wakefield’s new stand is coming together nicely, so it won’t look as bad next year. Featherstone’s looks ramshackle and old school and will look awful for a year. That’s if they don’t go bust, first. I’m hoping that Toulouse come good at the end of the year.
    I would like Toulouse to come good. It may be different next time but I heard that despite the great promotional video they put out last time, the whole business was a house of cards. For me they do offer more than Fev or Batley etc. The big issue would be the lack of travelling fans, though we have the same with a few Yorkie teams.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    I thought Lino and Langi played well for them and they tackled well for the majority of the game. They have very limited strike threat though with no speed. They obviously lost Lewis Murphy at the start of the season which hasn’t helped. Cas are very ordinary though but took their chances and with Eden, Evalds and Broadbent offered some running threat. McShane was as strong as ever.
    Surely Lino has something to offer a Super League Club should they go down?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    Surely Lino has something to offer a Super League Club should they go down?
    Probably save the Pies some money if they bought Lino instead of carpet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Lino looked completely dejected last night for the last minute..

Hard not to feel sorry for their players and the die hard fans, but can't see how they're getting a win - never mind staying up

Starting A Programme Collection

I can’t believe Batchelor got sent to the bin for that tackle. The two tackles later by the HKR prop are ten times worse. Officials are a joke.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    I can’t believe Batchelor got sent to the bin for that tackle. The two tackles later by the HKR prop are ten times worse. Officials are a joke.
    Maybe an argument the dump tackle was a penalty, would have to see another replay but it looked like his back remained horizontal despite Swift throwing his legs up. The Batchelor one wasn’t even a penalty, just a normal tackle where the Hull player unfortunately got injured. The ‘cannonball’ penalty contact was made on the thigh before tackle was called held so not even a penalty. Hull appealing for everything and getting scrappy because they were getting beaten comfortably.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Getting embarrassing for Hull now. Hull KR’s left side is just tearing them apart.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

the combination between Coote & Hall which lead to Coote scoring was good to watch.
    Even though Hall has lost his pace he's doing a lot if damage.

Hull need to get rid of Smith, he's been a good coach but it's not working there.

The players they have should be doing better than they are

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Getting embarrassing for Hull now. Hull KR’s left side is just tearing them apart.
    Taxi for Uncle Tony?

Taxi for Uncle Tony?
    I think they probably will sack him but I think it would be a mistake. Their problem is they have a squad of cowards. They need a culture transplant and I reckon Smith would be a good man to do it, but it’ll take time and Pearson isn’t known for his patience.

Got A Season Ticket

The Sky broadcast was terrible quality in the first half

Got A Season Ticket

Will our game kick off late if this drags on?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by V_v_V View Post
    Will our game kick off late if this drags on?
    We only kick off at 3, this had 6 minutes left.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    We only kick off at 3, this had 6 minutes left.
    Thought it was 230 - thanks

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think they probably will sack him but I think it would be a mistake. Their problem is they have a squad of cowards. They need a culture transplant and I reckon Smith would be a good man to do it, but it’ll take time.
    I think the problem is very deep rooted in respect to the club structure and culture. Should imagine the likes of Woolf would really struggle at that club, they have been a mess for quite a few seasons now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRLStatman View Post
    The Sky broadcast was terrible quality in the first half
    2nd half no better with Clarke and Arthur.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    2nd half no better with Clarke and Arthur.
    Remember us all moaning at Stevo? I'd have him and Eddie back in a heartbeat - despite all the rolled up socks I threw at my telly when he went on a rant

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would like Toulouse to come good. It may be different next time but I heard that despite the great promotional video they put out last time, the whole business was a house of cards. For me they do offer more than Fev or Batley etc. The big issue would be the lack of travelling fans, though we have the same with a few Yorkie teams.
    No club should be bothered by the number of away fans that turn up. If that’s what you’re relying on, you’re doing it all wrong.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by V_v_V View Post
    Remember us all moaning at Stevo? I'd have him and Eddie back in a heartbeat - despite all the rolled up socks I threw at my telly when he went on a rant
    Wow got half my wish! the better half too lol

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Penrith Plonker View Post
    I thought you knew something we didn't.
    Ssshhhhh

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    No club should be bothered by the number of away fans that turn up. If that’s what you’re relying on, you’re doing it all wrong.
    I didn’t say we rely on away fans but a lack of them is a negative. Ask Wigan how much they made from travelling fans today. Do you think that clubs don’t factor expected numbers of away fans into their forecasts? We have that same issue with no away support from some current SL clubs. I am in no way advocating Bradford returning, but a successful Bradford SL team would probably bring more fans than a successful Toulouse or any other top championship club.

I really don’t know where we should go with expansion once you get out of the heartlands it’s an uphill battle. At least Toulouse is in an existing Rugby area with numerous junior and amateur teams to develop players from.

Just watchedLeigh v Salford. There was a big melee when Ipape high-tackled Dupree. Dupree took the law into his own hands and Costello raced in pushing and shoving. I immediately thought of the Welsby incident in the Leeds game when Kendall reversed the original penalty because Welsby did exactly what Dupree and Costello had done. It just highlighted to me the sheer inconsistency of refereeing decisions this season - the ref had a word with the captains and the original penalty stood - fair enough and the sensible option but the Welsby incident was dealt with totally differently and that is something that infuriates me.

Just watchedLeigh v Salford. There was a big melee when Ipape high-tackled Dupree. Dupree took the law into his own hands and Costello raced in pushing and shoving. I immediately thought of the Welsby incident in the Leeds game when Kendall reversed the original penalty because Welsby did exactly what Dupree and Costello had done. It just highlighted to me the sheer inconsistency of refereeing decisions this season - the ref had a word with the captains and the original penalty stood - fair enough and the sensible option but the Welsby incident was dealt with totally differently and that is something that infuriates me.
    100%correct. I would go as far to say even the same ref can make two different decisions.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Maybe the refs have been told to be more lenient for thus Rivals Weeken

In the trailer advertising "Rivals" weekend there was emphasis on the needle in the game. They showed clips of Barry Mac and Stuart Fielden knocking lumps off each other and the clash between Farrell and Sculthorpe at Knowsley Rd.

In the modern game those clashes would be red cards.

Part way through the second half Watkins penalised for a late hit on the kicker, it wasn't a big hit by any means but it was with his shoulder, this time last season it would have been a yellow card.

Warrington getting away with some high shots at the moment!