Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: SKY Broadcast timewarp?

Got A Season Ticket

Default SKY Broadcast timewarp?

Watching the Wigan v Salford game, at half time in the changing room, we saw the time on what looked like an iPad. It was quite prominent in the lower left corner of the screen. It was showing 21:02 - but the actual time was 20:59. Is there really a 2-3 minute time delay in the broadcast?

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Wigan itself is in a time warp.

Speaking of, just been out walking the dog and put the Wigan-Salford game on the radio. It was Radio Manchester and ridiculous how pro-Wigan they were. Almost like Salford was located in Yorkshire or Essex or somewhere.

Pity Salford couldn't hold on. Want nothing but misery for anything connected to Wigan.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Penrith Plonker View Post
    I've got 51 mins on the TV and 50 mins on Flashscore.
    Flashscore? Is that an app? I use Rugby League Fixtures for scores

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    Wigan itself is in a time warp.

Speaking of, just been out walking the dog and put the Wigan-Salford game on the radio. It was Radio Manchester and ridiculous how pro-Wigan they were. Almost like Salford was located in Yorkshire or Essex or somewhere.

Pity Salford couldn't hold on. Want nothing but misery for anything connected to Wigan.
    LOL! I was expecting someone to say that

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/rugby-league/ also an app but had it on the laptop keeping an eye on the football and other SL scores (just won £147 )

Regarding Wigan being a timewarp, I got a train through there a few weeks back, their town centre makes St Helens look like Paris, it's shocking.
    Thanks for that. The one I use is an app, has SL and NRL fixtures (duh lol) and live scores.

Got A Season Ticket

I wonder if the lads in the studio wear their own gear as there's always at least one that looks ridiculous. JJB looks like he going to an 80's tribute night and Brian looks like he's borrowed one of Clarke's daft jackets minus the stupid turtle neck.
    Theyre in the business of getting your attention. Its working. Sad that clowns can do that.

Got A Season Ticket

I wonder if the lads in the studio wear their own gear as there's always at least one that looks ridiculous. JJB looks like he going to an 80's tribute night and Brian looks like he's borrowed one of Clarke's daft jackets minus the stupid turtle neck.
    Did you notice the shoes carney had on last night? He looked like he'd got them on prescription.

Got A Season Ticket

It's all about whipping up hysteria with Sky. I see their take akin to WWF, very scripted with an emphasis on trying to raid viewing figures at any cost. Can someone please tell the, that this isn't theatre with a script.
    I really don't know what Yez and Baz have over Sky. They are truly awful representatives of our game, surely, there are more insightful ex pros out there who are more coherent and can promote the game the way it should be promoted.
    Finally, Jake the Snake?....Really?....That was most cringeworthy thing I have seen on TV in the name of rugby league.

Quote Originally Posted by V_v_V View Post
    Is there really a 2-3 minute time delay in the broadcast?
    Yes.

I had Twitter on my phone with “notifications” switched on for the Hull game as I didn’t think I’d be able to watch it as I was supposed to be working late. Saints Twitter page was pinging away a couple of minutes ahead of what I was seeing on screen…..
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

I was listening to Radio Merseyside’s so called live commentary via the BBC sport app and it was no less than 6 or 7 minutes behind real time.

Got A Season Ticket

I had Sky go on on my phone while I was at the match on Thursday and there is about a 70-90 sec delay on the broadcast compared to the live action

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    I had Sky go on on my phone while I was at the match on Thursday and there is about a 70-90 sec delay on the broadcast compared to the live action
    That's just on Sky Go/streaming services

On actual SKY TV it's about 2 seconds behind. Sky is a second or two ahead of Virgin Media.

Now TV is also like a minute behind as it's streaming.

Starting A Programme Collection

I've got 51 mins on the TV and 50 mins on Flashscore.
    Flash score is great for football but a shambles for RL. Other week Salford Wakefield was 6-6 and it had it 0-0 for another 5 mins

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Down View Post
    Did you notice the shoes carney had on last night? He looked like he'd got them on prescription.

Quite possibly

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Flash score is great for football but a shambles for RL. Other week Salford Wakefield was 6-6 and it had it 0-0 for another 5 mins
    Sofascore is decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk