Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Penrith v Parramatta 2 point drop goal..

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Penrith v Parramatta 2 point drop goal..

    What a great game, Cleary with a 2 point drop goal in the last second of the match.

    Quality game, well worth a watch…


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks for that.

    The NRL thread is there for a reason

  3. #3
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,679
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Spoiler alert! Get this in the NRL thread haha
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I was looking forward to watching this later

  5. #5
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    824
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penrith Plonker View Post
    Just caught the end of it, cracking finish.

    I couldn't get tired of punching Cleary though.
    Wish he played for us though.

  6. #6
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaVenRouge View Post
    Thanks for that.

    The NRL thread is there for a reason
    No worries, happy to help


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,679
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIDE2WEST View Post
    No worries, happy to help


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dickhead.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  8. #8
    Learning All The Songs RV12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,912
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    The thread title doesn't give the result away.

    Thought it would have been quite obvious a thread with this title might mention the score and you wouldn't click of you were trying to avoid but maybe that's just me!

  9. #9
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,679
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    The thread title doesn't give the result away.

    Thought it would have been quite obvious a thread with this title might mention the score and you wouldn't click of you were trying to avoid but maybe that's just me!
    Doesn't give the score away but at a certain point in the game you'll know it's coming haha
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  10. #10
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    The thread title doesn't give the result away.

    Thought it would have been quite obvious a thread with this title might mention the score and you wouldn't click of you were trying to avoid but maybe that's just me!
    Doesn't give the score away but it gives away the entire flow of the game. Maybe it just me but I prefer to know nothing at all going into games. I don't even watch film trailers for the same reason.

  11. #11
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I must have missed the reasoning re the two point drop goal. Is that because it was a play directly after a penalty, or is it standard in the NRL now for drop goals to be worth two points? Apologies for my ignorance, could someone let me know. Cheers.

  12. #12
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11,679
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I must have missed the reasoning re the two point drop goal. Is that because it was a play directly after a penalty, or is it standard in the NRL now for drop goals to be worth two points? Apologies for my ignorance, could someone let me know. Cheers.
    It's because it was more than 40m out; it's been a rule for a couple of years over there now.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

  13. #13
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,564
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It's because it was more than 40m out; it's been a rule for a couple of years over there now.
    Thanks YG. I haven't noticed it before. I'm not sure I'd like it here, smacks too much of kick and clap brigade. Thanks again.

  14. #14
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,159
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIDE2WEST View Post
    No worries, happy to help


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or “sorry about that, I’ll change the thread title to a spoiler so it doesn’t impact others in the same way”would be a better response maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    12,858
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RV12 View Post
    The thread title doesn't give the result away.

    Thought it would have been quite obvious a thread with this title might mention the score and you wouldn't click of you were trying to avoid but maybe that's just me!
    Well, it sort of does gives way too much away, doesn't it? It means everybody knows that it goes to the last kick of normal time, so you might as well skip the first 79 minutes.

    I've had mates who I've asked not to tell me the score and they give me "I won't, but it was a great game". So, if one team goes 18-0 up that I want to win, I know that there's no point in relaxing. You are always second-guessing.

    I remember being at City once in 2000 and the plan was to watch Leeds v Saints in the Cup when I got at home. My mate said "sounds like a cracking game". Therefore, all the way through, I'm thinking, this is going to be a draw. We pulled it back to 20-18 with a try out wide and I didn't even need to watch the touchline conversion, because I knew Longy would nail it to make it 20-20. OK, so we actually lost 26-20, because they scored deep into stoppage time (BBC didn't do exact time then), but I was right, because he confessed later that when he had told me, the score was indeed 20-20.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

  16. #16
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Age
    49
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Astonishing from Nathan Cleary. What a player he his.

    I mean he was smart and skilful enough to put the penalty out on the 40m line to set up the 2pt dg, and then to hit it so sweetly - that’s a clutch play.

    Also interesting that Penrith seem to be suffering their own WCC hangover.
    Last edited by Coors; 23rd March 2023 at 20:18.

  17. #17
    In The South Stand OoOGazOoO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincs.
    Posts
    3,411
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coors View Post
    Astonishing from Nathan Cleary. What a player he his.

    I mean he was smart and skilful enough to put the penalty out on the 40m line to set up the 2pt dg, and then to hit it so sweetly - that’s a clutch play.

    Also interesting that Penrith seem have be suffering their own WCC hangover.
    Said it last year, for me, he's the best all-round player in the world. He can do everything!

  18. #18
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    313
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Absolutely cracking game that got more and more exciting as it went on - cherry on the cake the ultimate kick to win it. How cool was Cleary taking the pass?

  19. #19
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Dickhead.
    Charming. Potty mouth


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Or “sorry about that, I’ll change the thread title to a spoiler so it doesn’t impact others in the same way”would be a better response maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Read the title back, it wasn’t a spoiler. Simpleton


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIDE2WEST View Post
    Read the title back, it wasn’t a spoiler. Simpleton


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is a spoiler, it quite literally spoils 79 minutes of the game because you know exactly what it's working towards.

  22. #22
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Well, it sort of does gives way too much away, doesn't it? It means everybody knows that it goes to the last kick of normal time, so you might as well skip the first 79 minutes.

    I've had mates who I've asked not to tell me the score and they give me "I won't, but it was a great game". So, if one team goes 18-0 up that I want to win, I know that there's no point in relaxing. You are always second-guessing.

    I remember being at City once in 2000 and the plan was to watch Leeds v Saints in the Cup when I got at home. My mate said "sounds like a cracking game". Therefore, all the way through, I'm thinking, this is going to be a draw. We pulled it back to 20-18 with a try out wide and I didn't even need to watch the touchline conversion, because I knew Longy would nail it to make it 20-20. OK, so we actually lost 26-20, because they scored deep into stoppage time (BBC didn't do exact time then), but I was right, because he confessed later that when he had told me, the score was indeed 20-20.
    Or grow a pair and take the thread on its intended merits. It was purely to start conversation. wrong thread or not if you don’t want to know a rugby league result don’t to trawling rugby league apps.

    Ive seen it loads about other games on this app, this is no different


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    It is a spoiler, it quite literally spoils 79 minutes of the game because you know exactly what it's working towards.
    And your point is..

    Think someone needs their dummy

    Has a thread spoiled the result for a grown man


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WIDE2WEST View Post
    And your point is..

    Think someone needs their dummy

    Has a thread spoiled the result for a grown man


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't need to react this way you know. Nobody said anything untowards until you started acting like a toddler with your happy to help post. Quite amusing you're know insinuating the other way.

    All it needed was a change of thread title but for some reason you've decided to fight the world. Don't know if you've had a bad day but get yourself a beer and enjoy the game.

  25. #25
    Got A Season Ticket WIDE2WEST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Take a look at the comment from YG…

    I stand corrected


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •