Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Knowles

Got A Season Ticket

Default Knowles

1 match ban. And when you look at others that have gone unpunished...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Why not look at this the other way, when is he going to learn?

Knowles has gone backwards imo and has to get this out of his game

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Fair comment. My point is: where is the consistency? I'm not excusing Knowles, just baffled by what goes unpunished in other matches

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroger View Post
    Fair comment. My point is: where is the consistency? I'm not excusing Knowles, just baffled by what goes unpunished in other matches
    I agree and the inconsistency in refereeing this season is ridiculous already. But the Saints players can only influence it in one way and its annoying that people like Knowles aren't learning

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Knowles has plenty of previous. So where there looks to be a ridiculous anti saints agenda just think if they've had problems before. An example...Bentley at Leeds got a ban because we all know his past record. All our cards and bans this year have been warranted

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Maybe it’s just me but I’d like to see Knowles play longer minutes. I know he does lots of the little ugly things very well, but I think he’s got a better engine than two 20 min stints.

Learning All The Songs

Knowles hasn't looked good lately.
    A week off will do him good hopefully
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Learning All The Songs

I'd back Bell to step in and do a great job too.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Knowles hasn't looked good lately.
    A week off will do him good hopefully
    Get a ban for a different player every week, enforced rest time where the fans can’t complain about selection. Genius tactics.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

What did Williams get for tripping?

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What did Williams get for tripping?
    £250 fine

In The South Stand

You can tell some of the posters on here are very young. We're apparantly horrendously indisciplined because of a minor, very minor, bump after someone has passed a ball. The expectation for utter perfection in our discipline in a sport where you have to be in order to be successful is ridiculous. There's absolutely zero chance of him injurying someone doing that. I can understand it being a penalty, but it's the most weirdly over-punished offense going. The impact on Bennison's ribs was far more likely to cause an injury and isn't a ban, the multiple high tackles we saw in games over the weekend also ignored. A couple of genuinely dangerous aerial challenges too, including one in our game where the knee hits the spine, nothing there either. But one of our back rowers gives a half back a bump and it's a crime against humanity and people want them out of the club. You can also tell these people have never played the game, it's instinctive and it happens a lot in games. It's not as easy as saying 'it's stupid'. I think if we could adapt to try to wrap the arms in and not try to pull out of the challnge, we'd get away with it far more even if it was far later and more aggressive. It certainly works for the other teams, numerous late shots worse than Knowles this weekend that went unpunished. You can see a couple on the try highlights they put out this week.

Got A Season Ticket

In reply to Saddened, I played at amateur level for 11 yrs when it was pretty much open season and have given and taken plenty. That's immaterial..that was 35 yrs ago and that stays there. I still stand by my opinion that Knowles, with having a RFL target on his back, needs to fine tune his technique and Introduce his arms to the party

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    In reply to Saddened, I played at amateur level for 11 yrs when it was pretty much open season and have given and taken plenty. That's immaterial..that was 35 yrs ago and that stays there. I still stand by my opinion that Knowles, with having a RFL target on his back, needs to fine tune his technique and Introduce his arms to the party
    I have no problem with that Thommo. But we are going to concede penalties in rugby league given the game it is. The frustration comes that we're not the only team doing this and yet we seem to be the only one (Along with James Bentley) who it applies to. There were two others in the Cas v Leeds game, no bans or even charges I don't think and a bad one on Daryl Clark, again nothing for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    £250 fine
    That’s ridiculous. Tripping was always viewed as a pre meditated offence with instant sending off and automatic ban to follow.

What the refs and disciplinary are missing is the players milking late shots by running into defenders after passing the ball. Myler ran into Hurrel but Hurrel lifted his shoulder and got a ban for his trouble, if memory serves the Knowles incident was very similar.