Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Hull FC

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by philthompson View Post
    So it's season ticket or don't bother not all supporters can afford one and prefer to pick there matches
    Supporters? They turn up to see the World Champions give Leeds a hiding, then they spit their collective dummies out when it doesn't happen and don't some back (after trying to wind folk up after the game and generally acting like football fans)! Nothing to do with finance in my opinion.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We need to lower our expectations, could take months and months mentally at the moment we can'y play with any intensity for 80 mins, 5 seasons of dominance is a big ask. Our players just need to be picking up form around September, think we can just forget the LLS altogether, let the early forerunners take all the acolades and later Saints will pick them off one by one in the second half of the season.
    Good point Stiddy but I for one don't want to fall into the Leeds mentality of doing F...all season then playing when we feel we get most benefit , my season ticket is for every home game an I turn up expecting my team to do the same

Cheers

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I wonder whether they have got a sports psychologist
    No need. There's plenty on here!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    No need. There's plenty on here!
    Sack Wello...he's had long enough...not won anything in hours...

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I note that the crowd tonight was 9,218. That's a 6,000 drop-off from the opening game. The only time we had a lower crowd than that last season was when we put the reserves out on Bank Holiday Monday against Wakefield. Is that how many walk away after a couple of defeats? I'm sorry, but that's utterly disgraceful.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I go for the experience on the field. Probably not fair on any artist Saints put on, but I am happier having a beer under the stand and discussing the game and players.
    Realistically, you’re not the target though. You’re likely a long-term season ticket holder (as are most who use an internet forum to discuss the club), so the chances are you’ll be there next year, the year after that and the year after that. It’s fine that you want to go, have a pint and discuss with your mates, who are likely also long-term season ticket holders and that shouldn’t be compromised.

That said, we should still be attempting to attract new people to watch the club and in doing so, shouldn’t be naive to just think people want 80 minutes of sport and that some things can also be used to generate an atmosphere within the stands when the game commences. Some teenage girls (how very 1990’s) and a couple of mascots, as we’ve done for 30 years is tired and dull. It’s all we’ve done during Super League and we probably get away with it because of what’s on the field. Times have changed a little and we’re seeing clubs making more of an effort to attract people and to keep get them in and around the stadium (and spending money) for longer. Catalans, KR and Wigan are notably some of the clubs offering a bit more than just 80 minutes of sport.

It’s also an income thing for Saints even with its existing and core fanbase. There’s no reason to get inside the ground any earlier than you need to be because there’s nothing going on and there’s competition elsewhere for business in the town centre. Given the situation that happened with the machines prior to Hull on Friday, it doesn’t breed confidence and makes me want to be inside the ground even less. I’d rather chuck money in the club’s pocket than some soulless, corporate entity but the pubs and restaurants in the town are typically warmer, more inviting, offer seating, offer music that isn’t grainy and offers better quality food and drink.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...el-%7C-round-5

MOS voting. Bennison get 3 points but then Hull FC players get the rest. This is why MOS has become a real joke.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

MOS voting. Bennison get 3 points but then Hull FC players get the rest. This is why MOS has become a real joke.
    The MoS voting is a bit of a joke but I don’t actually see much wrong with someone deciding that two Hull players were worth points in what was a very close game. It’s when they give out sympathy points in a hammering that does me in.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Realistically, you’re not the target though. You’re likely a long-term season ticket holder (as are most who use an internet forum to discuss the club), so the chances are you’ll be there next year, the year after that and the year after that. It’s fine that you want to go, have a pint and discuss with your mates, who are likely also long-term season ticket holders and that shouldn’t be compromised.

That said, we should still be attempting to attract new people to watch the club and in doing so, shouldn’t be naive to just think people want 80 minutes of sport and that some things can also be used to generate an atmosphere within the stands when the game commences. Some teenage girls (how very 1990’s) and a couple of mascots, as we’ve done for 30 years is tired and dull. It’s all we’ve done during Super League and we probably get away with it because of what’s on the field. Times have changed a little and we’re seeing clubs making more of an effort to attract people and to keep get them in and around the stadium (and spending money) for longer. Catalans, KR and Wigan are notably some of the clubs offering a bit more than just 80 minutes of sport.

It’s also an income thing for Saints even with its existing and core fanbase. There’s no reason to get inside the ground any earlier than you need to be because there’s nothing going on and there’s competition elsewhere for business in the town centre. Given the situation that happened with the machines prior to Hull on Friday, it doesn’t breed confidence and makes me want to be inside the ground even less. I’d rather chuck money in the club’s pocket than some soulless, corporate entity but the pubs and restaurants in the town are typically warmer, more inviting, offer seating, offer music that isn’t grainy and offers better quality food and drink.
    Your right they don’t need to target me. Pre match entertainment for me used to be the black bull or the dump of a bar we had at KR.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

I gave up on it when Paul McShane won it. Some are obsessed with it but for me it’s just the best player in a sh*te team.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional