Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Parking - Leigh away

Got A Season Ticket

Default Parking - Leigh away

Morning, does anyone have any tips/places to park for Leigh on Friday night? Been before but it was ages ago - Gaz Hock was still playing!! All assistance gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
    Morning, does anyone have any tips/places to park for Leigh on Friday night? Been before but it was ages ago - Gaz Hock was still playing!! All assistance gratefully received.
    That was the last time we went. We got there early and parked on a hotel car park next to the ground. We had to pay but it was worth it for the convenience. We had a few drinks in the Reception before going into the ground.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
    There used to be free parking right next to it, I assume they charge now but should be an option if you're early enough.

There is some street parking around the ground and on the main road up to it as well I believe.

There's also Leigh East RL club where you can park up.

I've used the JustPark app and I've booked on someone driveway for £5 round the corner from the stadium. Might be £5 wasted if there's loads of free parking but at least I know it's sorted.

Got A Season Ticket

Thanks both, much appreciated.

There was free parking at Pennington Flash I seem to recall a short walk away.

Says £1.50 on the web. No bad if it is.

This says free parking on site

https://www.leighsportsvillage.co.uk/plan-your-visit/

Got A Season Ticket

Last time I parked at the cricket club, about 15 mins walk, but handy for a drink before and after the game

Starting A Programme Collection

I’ve read on Facebook that Leigh Miners have free parking but I think they’d like you to have a drink in the clubhouse.

Got A Season Ticket

Thanks all - plenty of options.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Still free parking at the LSV, but it will take you ages to get of it as there is only one way out, unless you did the 'Wigan walk', but obviously there will be no need for you to do that
    Other than that carry on down St.Helens road (don't go down the by pass/Atherleigh way) just past Pennington Park (on your left) 200 yards later, turn down Schofield street or (50 yards later) Etherstone Street (Leopard's Den pub on the corner).
    Drive down towards the end of these roads and there are a lot of side streets also, and with NO residents parking permits. It's basically a 3 minute walk to the ground.

Learning All The Songs

Please don't go down the Lancs to the turn off for Leigh it will be gridlocked? go in the back way around stonecross?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Please don't go down the Lancs to the turn off for Leigh it will be gridlocked? go in the back way around stonecross?
    I always go the alternative way - after too many away trips to Leigh Miners I’ve learnt my lesson!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Still free parking at the LSV, but it will take you ages to get of it as there is only one way out, unless you did the 'Wigan walk', but obviously there will be no need for you to do that
    Other than that carry on down St.Helens road (don't go down the by pass/Atherleigh way) just past Pennington Park (on your left) 200 yards later, turn down Schofield street or (50 yards later) Etherstone Street (Leopard's Den pub on the corner).
    Drive down towards the end of these roads and there are a lot of side streets also, and with NO residents parking permits. It's basically a 3 minute walk to the ground.
    Thank you.