Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6162223242526

Thread: IMG grading criteria

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

The game needs to become more of a spectacle again. For years and years I've always bought GF tickets around Black Friday but I was that bored rigid at the last one I'm not bothering next time unless it's Saints of course. RL has become very drab.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    The game needs to become more of a spectacle again. For years and years I've always bought GF tickets around Black Friday but I was that bored rigid at the last one I'm not bothering next time unless it's Saints of course. RL has become very drab.
    Me too. Speeding up the play of ball should make a big difference. I hope our pack develops on off load game too because Welsby, Lomax, Dodd, Clarke and Bell would have a field day!

I think the new rules at the ruck will be a real positive, but unfortunately that will likely be more than balanced out by the inevitable chaos around new stricter rules on head contact.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

It's been drab for about 15 years, to be fair. :-D
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but interesting quotes from Mike Rush about the IMG grading:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...ia/ar-AA1mD92b

Rush is of the same belief. When asked about his views on his club's grade, he said: "There's always room for improvement. But I can't make it a bigger catchment area than it is, I can't physically make us any bigger, and that frustrates me and I know it frustrates others too.

"Overall, we're happy with where we are, we're looking for areas in which we can improve. I don't worry about the catchment as I can't do anything about it, but yes, it frustrates me."

He added: "There's probably some other areas too. We invested £30 million into the stadium but that isn't reflected in our scoring because we are a tenant, but others can have a big screen and LED boards and get points. Some might have points where we haven't but they've not invested into the game what we have. That's now a criticism of them as I know how it works, but we lose some scores despite investing £30 million into rugby league."
    I am sure legally we are tenants (I presume that we rent the stadium from the parent company presumably for tax purposes), but weird that he is referring to us as the same.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Sorry to drag this thread up again, but interesting quotes from Mike Rush about the IMG grading:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...ia/ar-AA1mD92b

I am sure legally we are tenants (I presume that we rent the stadium from the parent company presumably for tax purposes), but weird that he is referring to us as the same.
    Based on the IMG Criteria, we shouldn't lose any stadium points for legally being a tenant. We have primacy of tenure, regardless of the legal status of the tenancy. The only thing we drop any point on is the lack of a permanent big screen, but that could be easily resolved by just buying one.

The only thing I can make a guess he is on about is that we lose something on the finance/turnover criteria, if the stadium owning company is legally the business that accounts for the hospitality and catering and the rugby club cant count that as part of its IMG submission - but then they have obviously decided at some point there is a different benefit to doing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    Based on the IMG Criteria, we shouldn't lose any stadium points for legally being a tenant. We have primacy of tenure, regardless of the legal status of the tenancy. The only thing we drop any point on is the lack of a permanent big screen, but that could be easily resolved by just buying one.

The only thing I can make a guess he is on about is that we lose something on the finance/turnover criteria, if the stadium owning company is legally the business that accounts for the hospitality and catering and the rugby club cant count that as part of its IMG submission - but then they have obviously decided at some point there is a different benefit to doing it that way.
    Yes it sounds like a bit of an excuse but unsure why he is making it if we already have a Grade A. There must be some restrictions in place to stop them from doing certain things like he saying. I went to Batley Bulldogs last year and they even had a permanent screen. Not sure why we cannot?

From reading the club accounts and what charges are outstanding against the club it looks like the stadium is owned by Crowther St Holdings, which is a company based in the British Virgin Islands and Michael Coleman is the majority shareholder thereof, and is described as the 'ultimate parent' company with 'Sporting Club St Helens' being the immediate parent to St Helens Rugby Football Club Limited.

Seems a bit convoluted but like you say there must be method to the madness. Maybe they are kicking themselves getting the benefit of the corporate veil across all sectors of the business to protect the rugby team but now cannot use certain aspects to improve thier grading now IMG are involved post-separating out the business. Cannot have your cake and eat it.

Got A Season Ticket

The stadium is owned by St Helens Rugby league club. Not the holding company . The “tennant bit” must relate to the lease with the council?

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    The stadium is owned by St Helens Rugby league club. Not the holding company . The “tennant bit” must relate to the lease with the council?

The stadium certainly sits as an asset on the St Helens RFC Ltd balance sheet. I know that Mike Coleman majority funded the stadium, initially through loans, which were later systematically converted into equity. The structure of the club is that St Helens RFC Ltd is wholly owned by Sporting Club St Helens Ltd, which is majority owned (Companies House says more than 50% but less than 75%) by Mike Coleman, with Eamonn McManus as the only other person with 'significant control' over the company.

Crowther St Holdings Ltd (majority owned by Mike Coleman) hold a number of fixed and floating charges over both St Helens RFC Ltd and Sporting Club St Helens Ltd. There's also a F&F charge on the stadium by RFL Investments (2020), which was the entity created to distribute Covid loans.

The tenant bit does not relate to the council in any way.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

IMG has brokered a deal with a company called Scoreplay which looks to be involved in social media and the distribution of digital content (photos and video clips), and bring the sport into the 21st century.

https://www.scoreplay.io/blog/scorep...commercial-img

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    The stadium certainly sits as an asset on the St Helens RFC Ltd balance sheet. I know that Mike Coleman majority funded the stadium, initially through loans, which were later systematically converted into equity. The structure of the club is that St Helens RFC Ltd is wholly owned by Sporting Club St Helens Ltd, which is majority owned (Companies House says more than 50% but less than 75%) by Mike Coleman, with Eamonn McManus as the only other person with 'significant control' over the company.

Crowther St Holdings Ltd (majority owned by Mike Coleman) hold a number of fixed and floating charges over both St Helens RFC Ltd and Sporting Club St Helens Ltd. There's also a F&F charge on the stadium by RFL Investments (2020), which was the entity created to distribute Covid loans.

The tenant bit does not relate to the council in any way.
    No idea what the tenant bit is then as St Helens RLFC are definitely the legal owners of the stadium

Got A Season Ticket

IMG has brokered a deal with a company called Scoreplay which looks to be involved in social media and the distribution of digital content (photos and video clips), and bring the sport into the 21st century.

https://www.scoreplay.io/blog/scorep...commercial-img
    Just read through this, seems like a very good move and probably also who they're partnering with to show the games that aren't live on Sky so they'll probably release a new streaming platform at some point or I guess they may just integrate Our League with this.

Slightly off topic but I didn't realise that IMG were part of Endeavour. They're huge and own UFC and recently acquired WWE as well. I knew IMG were a really big company but didn't realise how big!

Has anyone tried the new IMG / Voonoo Fantasy Super League game.

I signed up, got assigned Leon Cowan from Saints as one of my 5 players, and it looks like you have to spend hundreds of pounds of real money to “sign” anyone half decent to your team.

How hard would it be to produce a half decent free fantasy RL game?

In The South Stand

I signed up, got assigned Leon Cowan from Saints as one of my 5 players, and it looks like you have to spend hundreds of pounds of real money to “sign” anyone half decent to your team.

Looks an awful pay to win kind of game.

In The South Stand

On further inspection you can draft other players free under the scout players option ( i got Siro,Percy Jayden Nikorima and Corey Hall for free that way ). The pay for cards doesn't sit well with me though