Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-match "Entertainment"

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I can't remember where it was but I think it was a cup tie away at a championship club — possibly Rochdale — in the mid 90s, where he was showing his arse to the crowd and an official looking woman carrying a clipboard marched onto the pitch and gave him a very animated bollocking. Obviously the crowd took the whole thing very seriously.
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I can't remember where it was but I think it was a cup tie away at a championship club — possibly Rochdale — in the mid 90s, where he was showing his arse to the crowd and an official looking woman carrying a clipboard marched onto the pitch and gave him a very animated bollocking. Obviously the crowd took the whole thing very seriously.
    I think you're right Dux. Sure it was Rochdale in 1996 either quarter final or round before?

Noooobie
    A Run Down Terraced House In Newton Le Willows

I remember he cocked his leg up on a goal post and a woman came on a gave him a rollicking in a cup match at Keighley

Got A Season Ticket

I find the matchday experience uninspiring and doesn’t match the quality on the pitch . Agreed the concourses are dreary, entertainment is low rent, food and drink selection is corporate and boring. Could the club not get in touch with local craft breweries, street food vendors to get some more enticing options distributed around the ground? Currently everyone I go with just gets food in town and might have one beer in the ground if the queue is short.

Got A Season Ticket

Did anyone on here in the North Stand try ordering their food and drinks from the mobile app.
    if so, how was the experience, did you suffer queueing at all ,etc?

Quote Originally Posted by JonNgog View Post
    I find the matchday experience uninspiring and doesn’t match the quality on the pitch . Agreed the concourses are dreary, entertainment is low rent, food and drink selection is corporate and boring. Could the club not get in touch with local craft breweries, street food vendors to get some more enticing options distributed around the ground? Currently everyone I go with just gets food in town and might have one beer in the ground if the queue is short.
    I've thought about that myself. There's plenty of space under those concourses and you could get a fair few stalls doing nice grub and real beer. I suppose the question would be whether the income from hiring the space to vendors would outstrip revenue lost by the club's own bars.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonNgog View Post

Perhaps a farmers' market in the concourse? People could perhaps do some shopping (not just buying tomatoes to lob at Kendall)

Given there's a steady flow (queues) for drink and food within the ground (and they've been known to sell out of some products at times), I doubt they feel the need to fundamentally change that offering.

I do agree, though, that in warmer parts of the season, they could utilise the outdoor space far more imaginatively, effectively and lucratively. Try to entice a big proportion of the money spent pre-match in town centre pubs/bars over to the club.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Noooobie

Bet T Pau was good at Leigh tonight. But I am not bothered about pre match lark. I go for the Rugby League. That is normally good enough.