Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saints web site

Quote Originally Posted by West Walian View Post
    Tried yesterday and today - just getting 'domain expired' message on both Safari and Firefox! Annoying as I want to subscibe to Saints TV!
    I’m lucky that I don’t need anything etc (apart from watch Saints TV) which I can’t ATM. At least I would have expected an update on their twitter feed.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

They are still posting interviews on the Facebook page, but no mention of the website being down. Tried messaging, but just replies with the phone numbers, that nobody is answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    They are still posting interviews on the Facebook page, but no mention of the website being down. Tried messaging, but just replies with the phone numbers, that nobody is answering.
    It is back now.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    It is back now.
    Thanks for that

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sadfish View Post
    It is back now.
    Still not avaiable for me on Safari.

(As someone who knows how this works having gone through it several times with this website) Saints’ website was never down, if you know the IP address you would get on it. The real issue was the web address and the DNS which, depending upon your ISP, can take up to 48 hours to refresh after any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    (As someone who knows how this works having gone through it several times with this website) Saints’ website was never down, if you know the IP address you would get on it. The real issue was the web address and the DNS which, depending upon your ISP, can take up to 48 hours to refresh after any changes.
    As I have no knowledge of tech..The site is not coming up (14.13 hrs).on either Safari, Chrome, via Saints Twitter and Google. People are saying or where that it’s back up. Via Twitter it says saintsrflc has expired..??
    About 1 hour ago it was up on Google but not now..
    Is there anything I can do or just have to wait.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

If I type saintsrlfc.com On my browser it doesn't work. But when I put www. before it, it works. That may help some of you.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    If I type saintsrlfc.com On my browser it doesn't work. But when I put www. before it, it works. That may help some of you.
    Just tried it..No joy on Safari, Google, Chrome or just hitting link via Twitter..really strange,

Through luck I have discovered that I can’t get onto Saints website via my home WiFi on any of my devices. Phone IPad and Chromebook. . If I use 4g on my phone I get on. Can any explain that?
    Last edited by 49er; 2nd March 2023 at 15:42.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Just tried it..No joy on Safari, Google, Chrome or just hitting link via Twitter..really strange,

Through luck I have discovered that I can’t get onto Saints website via my home WiFi on any of my devices. Phone IPad and Chromebook. . If I use 4g on my phone I get on. Can any explain that?
    I haven’t changed anything and am having no problem today.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I haven’t changed anything and am having no problem today.
    Are you using WiFi or 4/5G network

Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Wifi
    Cheers.. I’ve no idea. My wife just came in and she could access Saints on her phone via 4G but WiFi at home won’t do it. The WiFi works for anything else accept Saints..Bizarre..

Got A Season Ticket

Cheers.. I’ve no idea. My wife just came in and she could access Saints on her phone via 4G but WiFi at home won’t do it. The WiFi works for anything else accept Saints..Bizarre..
    Turn off the VPN if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by harwood saint View Post
    Turn off the VPN if you have it.
    Have sent you a P message.

In The South Stand

It's just worked for me throughout. Very odd. Doesn't help me find the missing season tickets though. It's going to be like the Champions League final in Paris tomorrow I think, thousands storming the gates because they can't locate their tickets or the queue is down to the M62.

I can explain it. In basic terms:

Imagine you go to a massive library. All the books are randomly located but they have a catalogue number which locates it in the library. You know the book you want is 37-28-19-56. You can walk straight to room 37, book case 28, shelf 19, space 56.

Remembering one is fine. Maybe two. But hundreds? So instead there is a catalogue system and librarians. You walk in and say Saints book please. The librarians look up the book’s location and go fetch it.

For operational reasons the Saints book has been relocated in the library and the librarians need to update their catalogue. One desk is “Wi-Fi”, who has their catalogue updates scattered about and piled up. It’s not been updated and the librarian is rather slow about it. The other desk is “Mobile Data” who are on their game and have updated their catalogue.

So one can’t fetch it but eventually will catch up, the other is straight on it.

The final quirk is, Wi-Fi gives you the same librarian every time you go so if the one you have is a bit of a duffer there’s not much you can do apart from walk the dog, have a pint and a game of darts, mow the lawn (I’m trying to keep this analogy pre-technology). Mobile Data gives you the first one available, so if the one serving you is a bit iffy you can just leave and when you return you’ll get a different librarian.

Does that make any sense? It did when I started but now I’m not so sure

Also, watch the film Ralph Breaks The Internet cos they have a great visualisation of how it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    I can explain it. In basic terms:

Imagine you go to a massive library. All the books are randomly located but they have a catalogue number which locates it in the library. You know the book you want is 37-28-19-56. You can walk straight to room 37, book case 28, shelf 19, space 56.

Remembering one is fine. Maybe two. But hundreds? So instead there is a catalogue system and librarians. You walk in and say Saints book please. The librarians look up the book’s location and go fetch it.

For operational reasons the Saints book has been relocated in the library and the librarians need to update their catalogue. One desk is “Wi-Fi”, who has their catalogue updates scattered about and piled up. It’s not been updated and the librarian is rather slow about it. The other desk is “Mobile Data” who are on their game and have updated their catalogue.

So one can’t fetch it but eventually will catch up, the other is straight on it.

The final quirk is, Wi-Fi gives you the same librarian every time you go so if the one you have is a bit of a duffer there’s not much you can do apart from walk the dog, have a pint and a game of darts, mow the lawn (I’m trying to keep this analogy pre-technology). Mobile Data gives you the first one available, so if the one serving you is a bit iffy you can just leave and when you return you’ll get a different librarian.

Does that make any sense? It did when I started but now I’m not so sure
    Good for us dinosaurs.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Thats' a good shout. Should probably wait to judge as Ticketmaster is a proper and recognised platform.

Also worth noting that other clubs have and are struggling with transitioning to grown up e-commerce.
    Am I right in understanding though that with Ticketmaster there comes a price? Namely a booking fee when tickets are purchased. That’s the case when I’ve used them for other events.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Am I right in understanding though that with Ticketmaster there comes a price? Namely a booking fee when tickets are purchased. That’s the case when I’ve used them for other events.
    We were talking about this last night. Seems they charge quite a lot for P&P so one of our mob called into the ticket office to buy Leigh tickets. They weren't available!
    Just tried now online for an e ticket. Still nothing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    We were talking about this last night. Seems they charge quite a lot for P&P so one of our mob called into the ticket office to buy Leigh tickets. They weren't available!
    Just tried now online for an e ticket. Still nothing.
    I think a few enquired and was told availability on Monday.

Starting A Programme Collection

Last night was supposed to be a sellout and yet there was loads of space on East terrace. There seemed a massive queue to get in West Stand at 7.20 so much so that I thought they won’t get on for k.o.
    Anyone see whether there was a queue at ticket office?

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I think a few enquired and was told availability on Monday.
    Yep I called at the ticket office in person this afternoon and told not on sale until Monday. Bit late.
    Yep

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Last night was supposed to be a sellout and yet there was loads of space on East terrace. There seemed a massive queue to get in West Stand at 7.20 so much so that I thought they won’t get on for k.o.
    Anyone see whether there was a queue at ticket office?
    No one claimed it was a sell out. The away end had loads of space. There were queues for most stands but they were clearing pretty quickly from what I saw. It didn't really seem to be the ticketing disaster that many predicted in the end even if the lead up was a bit of a farce