Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flares, why?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Sainty View Post
    I was at the game yesterday and was stood right at the side of the group of yobs with the flares. Difficult to see which of the imbeciles actually set it off though. We are all on the official photos on the club website so it’s clear to identify the group but not the actual culprit. Know who my money is on though because on the way back to the coaches one of them was shouting Shithouse at every car with a Cas supporter in showing off to his mates.
    Give’s Genuine supporters a bad name
    Utter scum . I wasn’t at the game and reading this I’m glad I wasn’t . Absolute filth

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Yeah, why not hold them so you definitely get kicked out, fined and probably banned. Superb idea. It's the football influenced youth of today that seem to be bringing the flares on board. Not a great idea as they really don't add much to the atmosphere in the very open rugby league venues. They look cool, but not much fun to be covered in smoke, especially as they're probably Chinese and manufactured incredibly cheaply using cancer causing chemicals.

Football hooliganism is making a massive return at the moment, we really don't need it being brought over to Rugby League. I'm not suggesting we bring back flasks and Tesco bags and golf clapping, but the fewer football influences the better.
    Didn't see much hooliganism around Wembley yesterday.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Sainty View Post
    I was at the game yesterday and was stood right at the side of the group of yobs with the flares. Difficult to see which of the imbeciles actually set it off though. We are all on the official photos on the club website so it’s clear to identify the group but not the actual culprit. Know who my money is on though because on the way back to the coaches one of them was shouting Shithouse at every car with a Cas supporter in showing off to his mates.
    Give’s Genuine supporters a bad name

Noooobie

Hi saints fans, i was present at Castleford yesterday and I was right in the mix of the smoke canisters, so I confronted the mindless idiots and all I got back was a load of abuse thrown at me (foul language with kids present) one of them was egging me on to do something about it if I didn’t like the actions that took place! But I wouldn’t waste my energy on an idiot like that! I managed to get a picture of the group and I have been down at the ground this morning to see if any action will be taken and they have assured me they’re already aware of what went on and they are going to act on it immediately as it’s not the first time these people have been identified! One of them was thrown out and you could tell by looking at him that he was only there to cause bother, watched green street to many times I think!! The club is going to ring me in the next day or so with the action that they’re going to take but they have said they won’t be at a rugby game for a very long time if not ever, which is good to see the club taking it so seriously! I’ll update on here when I hear anymore! Sorry for the rant…

Got A Season Ticket

Grass

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philip williams View Post
    Hi saints fans, i was present at Castleford yesterday and I was right in the mix of the smoke canisters, so I confronted the mindless idiots and all I got back was a load of abuse thrown at me (foul language with kids present) one of them was egging me on to do something about it if I didn’t like the actions that took place! But I wouldn’t waste my energy on an idiot like that! I managed to get a picture of the group and I have been down at the ground this morning to see if any action will be taken and they have assured me they’re already aware of what went on and they are going to act on it immediately as it’s not the first time these people have been identified! One of them was thrown out and you could tell by looking at him that he was only there to cause bother, watched green street to many times I think!! The club is going to ring me in the next day or so with the action that they’re going to take but they have said they won’t be at a rugby game for a very long time if not ever, which is good to see the club taking it so seriously! I’ll update on here when I hear anymore! Sorry for the rant…
    Well done that man! On behalf of decent folk who go to the games to watch the rugby league I applaud your action.
    Let’s hope the club take it seriously and act accordingly. It also, not that it was ever in doubt, puts some first hand perspective on the nonsense victim seeking social media posts by the cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by danny_15 View Post
    Grass
    Scruff

Learning All The Songs

Grass
    Grow up you cretin

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Anyone setting a flare off in a crowded place is just an idiot.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Anyone setting a flare off in a crowded place is just an idiot.
    Usually the game away to Warringtpn is were the idiots are guaranteed to set off flares. Stewards need to try and check fans on entry and have a presence and in the away stand.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Usually the game away to Warringtpn is were the idiots are guaranteed to set off flares. Stewards need to try and check fans on entry and have a presence and in the away stand.
    It’s an impossible prospect that though, 10 stewards max in an away end of upward 2000 people all of whom could easily turn on them should they act?
    Your first suggestion is spot on; better bag searches going in: anyone with flares etc. refused entry.
    As fans we can sort things like this though ourselves, what Phil says he did there is honest and if the 99% of other decent fans turned and stood behind him the pond life would go away and hopefully never return.

Noooobie

Lighten up everyone!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by W4Saint View Post
    Lighten up everyone!!!
    Haha good un . Wear ya mask if the smoke bothers you

Learning All The Songs

Dont go if you want to be a dickhead.

You light one next to me Daniel, 15 from Parr and you’ll need surgery to get it back out.

Noooobie

Hi again saints fans…
    The club have been in touched this morning and they have received a name from Castleford of the fool who was turfed out for setting the smoke canisters off and they are going to be contacting said person in due course! Saints have give me their personal guarantee that they have a 0 tolerance to smoke canisters in the stadium bowl and this person is going to be surficed for his actions! With a ban and maybe a fine they have said… as I said before glad to see saints taking it so serious as this has happened one to many time now, they also said they’ll be keeping tabs on the people in the picture and any behaviour that is identified as out of order they’ll be hit with a ban too!
    Thought I’d keep you updated saints fans!

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Hi again saints fans…
    The club have been in touched this morning and they have received a name from Castleford of the fool who was turfed out for setting the smoke canisters off and they are going to be contacting said person in due course! Saints have give me their personal guarantee that they have a 0 tolerance to smoke canisters in the stadium bowl and this person is going to be surficed for his actions! With a ban and maybe a fine they have said… as I said before glad to see saints taking it so serious as this has happened one to many time now, they also said they’ll be keeping tabs on the people in the picture and any behaviour that is identified as out of order they’ll be hit with a ban too!
    Thought I’d keep you updated saints fans!
    Well done pal.......D!ckheads like Danny 15 (probably referencing his age and IQ) are not needed - either at matches or indeed on this forum. Low life scumbags the lot of them
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Penrith Plonker View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is getting so huffy, it's a bit of smoke outside, not mustard gas.
    1. It’s illegal. 2. Its done by dickheads. 3. It adversely affects people with respiratory issues like me. 4. Its an incendiary device so its not just smoke.

Learning All The Songs

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so huffy, it's a bit of smoke outside, not mustard gas.
    Someone ended up in hospital last year because some dickhead threw a flare and burnt the back of their head. It's not just a bit of smoke.

Got A Replica Shirt St Christopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    Anybody? Is anybody on here that takes flares?
    I did throughout most of the 1970s but my beer belly hangs over the waistband now, spoiling the cool and trendy effect. People tend to just laugh at me.

Noooobie

The saints steward that travels called it disgusting, he reported what he saw. No need to lie about the half time scuffle just because you disagree with the smoke bomb. The lad who was battered by the steward has never done anything mate!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    You light one next to me Daniel, 15 from Parr and you’ll need surgery to get it back out.
    Haha good one . Get ya head out ya ass and sit I'm the family stand

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Well done pal.......D!ckheads like Danny 15 (probably referencing his age and IQ) are not needed - either at matches or indeed on this forum. Low life scumbags the lot of them
    I ain't 15 I was 15 when I made the accout .

If they held them and that it would be fine . Its when they drop them or throw them . I'll je happy for anyone around to hold them instead of dropping them

Learning All The Songs

Calm down mate, you're making out like it's a hand grenade. If you don't like them, that's fine, stand somewhere else same as I would if I didn't like something.
    I’m perfectly calm, facts are they are illegal and shouldnt be used at sporting events. Have you ever had one sparked in front of you and had an asthma attack because of it, because i have and its certainly not fun struggling to breathe. If you take one and use it you are a dickhead and deserve to be banned permanently.

Learning All The Songs

Calm down mate, you're making out like it's a hand grenade. If you don't like them, that's fine, stand somewhere else same as I would if I didn't like something.
    That's not the point though, when our own fans are being hospitalised by their actions there aboslutely is an issue. Fans who have stood in the same place for years shouldn't have to move because a small minority of knuckle draggers can't manage to process basic logic of 'If I throw this hot thing into a crowd someone might get hurt'.