Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hopohurty

Thread title is disrespectful imho. It’s not a players fault he has been injured, and when fit he hasn’t let the club, team or fans down…….
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Prior to joining us he played 162 games in 8 seasons in the NRL since 2014, hardly the record of someone you'd classify as a sick note. Yes he has had a rough time with injuries since joining us but when he is in the team we are a better team. For comparison he has played more games than Hurrell has played in the same period, 133 games. Hopoate wasnt a bad signing, he covers anywhere in the back 5, hes just had a bad time with injury since joining.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Thread title is disrespectful imho. It’s not a players fault he has been injured, and when fit he hasn’t let the club, team or fans down…….
    His injury record / availability is a fair topic for discussion.

A range of balanced views expressed , nobody should be imune from scrutiny.

Nobody as far as I can see has blamed him for his injury record.

However there is a question of judgement by all parties to prioritise participaction in the WC over getting fit for Saints.
    A club that has paid a lot of money yet has seen availability for only 1/3 of fixtures and a maximium of 2 consecutive appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    His injury record / availability is a fair topic for discussion.

A range of balanced views expressed , nobody should be imune from scrutiny.

Nobody as far as I can see has blamed him for his injury record.

However there is a question of judgement by all parties to prioritise participaction in the WC over getting fit for Saints.
    A club that has paid a lot of money yet has seen availability for only 1/3 of fixtures and a maximium of 2 consecutive appearances.

Please read what I typed.

It’s nothing to do with the content, I agree the conversation about his record is fair game but the THREAD TITLE “HOPOHURTY” is disrespectful and uncalled for, from purported fans of the club…..
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I completely agree. I don't really want to get involved in this thread but I do feel sometimes the team deserves a better quality of fans.

If anyone wants to get uppity about that comment just consider what you were doing in the first place.

Edit: F%%% it, I usually try to measure my responses and not get too personal but I draw the line at this school yard name calling bully s%%%. I agree on other subjects that the point of the forum is to have debate and there is little point in us all having the same opinion no matter how stupid I believe some peoples opinions are. It's all a part of the fun.

However, if you want to act like mean 13 year old girls, calling player silly little names, do us all a favour and stay home on match days and braid each others hair instead.
    Last edited by Noel Cleal; 27th February 2023 at 15:52.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I completely agree. I don't really want to get involved in this thread but I do feel sometimes the team deserves a better quality of fans.

If anyone wants to get uppity about that comment just consider what you were doing in the first place.

Edit: F%%% it, I usually try to measure my responses and not get too personal but I draw the line at this school yard name calling bully s%%%. I agree on other subjects that the point of the forum is to have debate and there is little point in us all having the same opinion no matter how stupid I believe some peoples opinions are. It's all a part of the fun.

However, if you want to act like mean 13 year old girls, calling player silly little names, do us all a favour and stay home on match days and braid each others hair instead.

It's a pun FFS.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

It's the hope that kills you...

I'd say we should play him this week because Hurrell returns next week.

Davies in the centre again, then (FFS!!! )
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post

Was just thinking that or Welsby centre Bennison full back Ritson wing

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    next week never comes

In The South Stand

He's done. I said it last season and a lot moaned and said he's just unlucky. But he's at that stage where his body just cannot cope with repeated sprints. It doesn't matter if they leave him a week or a month, he'll get injured anyway.

I'm sure he's as frustrated as we all are and he seems a lovely guy, so I'd love him to come in and put an extended run of games in so he can show his ability, but it's just not going to happen. Next injury should prompt a decision and call time on it, it's probably worth bringing Bruines through or someone else instead.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post

Was thinking the same because it odds on he will not be available for the next consectutive game. Talented player but his career looks over, very frustrating, surely he knows that himself by now.

I,m pretty sure Wello said he would be available for Leigh and now he's not available for the Hull game , we keep getting the same mantra "we have to be careful with him".

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Frustrating all round really.

Not alot we can about it, suspect if it carries on like this there's no way he'll get a new contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Frustrating all round really.

Not alot we can about it, suspect if it carries on like this there's no way he'll get a new contract.

Had pelters previosuly for saying this.However.

I respect he has a contract for this year but at what point does the joel Thompson conversation need to be had.

He made a choice to go to the world cup rather than rehab through an extended pre season.

That for me should limit any residual sympathy .

I suppose it depends on whether he feels he has seen enough of Europe yet or whether there are more places to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    if it carries on like this there's no way he'll get a new contract.

You'd hope the club would be pragmatic enough to say 'good luck and goodbye'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Had pelters previosuly for saying this.However.

I respect he has a contract for this year but at what point does the joel Thompson conversation need to be had.

He made a choice to go to the world cup rather than rehab through an extended pre season.

That for me should limit any residual sympathy .

I suppose it depends on whether he feels he has seen enough of Europe yet or whether there are more places to see.
    Has he tried Lourdes?

Learning All The Songs

When he does come back into the side, he's going to have to stay in. I think even the most ardent of supporters (including myself) will completely lose faith if it's another one or two game showing.

In The South Stand

Use him sparingly till the end of the season, affording him downtime for suspected injuries and just general rest, then at the end of the year send him on his way. It’s just not worked as a signing and we can both move on amicably.

I see no point in asking him to retire or releasing him, as his salary remains on the cap. We might as well just wheel bum out when needed and then stick him back in the stands in cotton wool for the next time we need him.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

My fear is that he will come good for the last 6-8 games and we give him another year, then more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Has he tried Lourdes?
    I don't think he plays cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    My fear is that he will come good for the last 6-8 games and we give him another year, then more of the same.
    I would say even if he played every game from next week on, the decision not to renew his contract will already have been made. Wello alludes to the frustration of fans in that interview, so the club will be well aware of the feelings at the moment.

I want to know who authorised him to play in the World Cup? all I have been hearing from the club since last summer is that he needs to rest to get his hamstring back to full strength; yet he chose to, and the club allowed him to, roll out for Tonga in the World Cup rather than having a full preseason break.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You can just see that happening, can't you?

I can only think that he has had a bit of a setback in training this week as I was told categorically by someone on Saturday (who would know beyond a shadow of doubt) that he could've played against Leigh and was a certaintity for this week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I can only think that he has had a bit of a setback in training this week as I was told categorically by someone on Saturday (who would know beyond a shadow of doubt) that he could've played against Leigh and was a certaintity for this week.
    Last season I said he should prove himself in the reserve games even if he is only 80-90% fit. What annoys me is that Hurrell has been playing with a hip injury this season and the bloke turns up to get through 80 mins game after game, yet we wrap Hopoate up in "cotton wool" and roll him out for a cameo appearance.

I do wonder what all our players think about this situation.