Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regan Grace

Default Regan Grace

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post

Not good for him, and I hope the lad does recover fully this time.

But, from a club perspective, the timing of his departure form here has been fortunate.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

In The South Stand

Just awful news for Regan. He was looking good back out on the field running and I was looking forward to seeing how he got on. This must be a hammer blow, both for his Union career and also for him personally. I assume he's over in France and it can't be easy being somewhere new and not being able to do much.

Didn't he only sign a 12 month deal with Racing? This would take him up to the expiry of that. If that's the case, it's hard to see the justification for them offering him anything like as good a deal again. They've already given his replacement a new deal recently too.

Got A Season Ticket

I don't think he'll be there that long. IIRC he only signed a one year contract and it looks like the club are going to get no playing time out of him during it. - maybe they'll cut their loses?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Gutted for him.

Such a nice lad, left on good terms, wish the best for him.

Learning All The Songs

Terrible news and will likely take him past the current contract he is on I think? His head must be all over the place at the moment and hope he comes through it in a good place professionally and personally.

I would offer him a contract at Saints for 2024 if he became available, despite the risk attached, there's still valuable upside.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Terrible news and will likely take him past the current contract he is on I think? His head must be all over the place at the moment and hope he comes through it in a good place professionally and personally.

I would offer him a contract at Saints for 2024 if he became available, despite the risk attached, there's still valuable upside.
    Terrible news for the lad. However that ship has sailed and time to look forward. I'm looking forward to seeing Ritson have a dig.

No chance, waste of cap space given the amount of games he will have played in the last couple of years (by the time he's recovered) - not unless the contract was the bare minimum but then I'm sure he wouldn't come for that anyway.

Would rather given Ritson a full contract if he goes well this year and bags a load of tries.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

In The South Stand

It would have to be a back up player type contract similar to what we gave Hurrell. Feel sorry for the lad as he did well for us,but we can't afford to be sentimental.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
    No chance, waste of cap space given the amount of games he will have played in the last couple of years (by the time he's recovered) - not unless the contract was the bare minimum but then I'm sure he wouldn't come for that anyway.

Would rather given Ritson a full contract if he goes well this year and bags a load of tries.
    How long has he gotta be in union before can get the returning player discount in the cap?

Learning All The Songs

Agree with some points above, but I'm not advocating bringing him back in on the same contract he left us on. The risk brings that value down to a more modest contract.

The ship hasn't sailed though for me. If Grace returns back to fitness and form he's far better than any of our other options, or those realistically on the market. He's also better than the potential ceiling of any of our current options too and at 26 there's still plenty years of potential value for a 1 year deal risk.

Absolutely no sentiment in it, it's a risk worth taking for the right value.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    How long has he gotta be in union before can get the returning player discount in the cap?
    5 years.

In The South Stand

Real shame how it ended here. He never really got to go out on his terms and injury snatched that opportunity from him. I’d have loved to have kept him. I hope his game isn’t effected by these injuries too much.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Am I the only person on this board who can't read French?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sainthood View Post
    oui

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Non

Learning All The Songs

Paris, Feb 15, 2023 (AFP) – Racing 92 Welsh winger Regan Grace has injured his Achilles tendon again and will be out for several months, the Ile-de-France rugby club announced on Wednesday.
    He "suffered a relapse of his Achilles tendon injury" and "should undergo surgery" which will force him to "stay away from the field for several more months", said Racing 92 in a press release.

Learning All The Songs

My phone translated it, although Apple’s translation wasnt the best.

Learning All The Songs

Google automatically translates it for me.

Learning All The Songs

'To make up for his absence, the club recruited Fijian international winger Vinaya Habosi as a medical joker.'

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don’t mean to be nasty to Reagan and I wish him a speedy recovery, but we may have dodged a bullet with him getting injured after he signed for RU.

Learning All The Songs

With Tee Ritson being talked about already with a great attitude etc.. can't see a way back if he wanted to come back.. obviously it would be a dream to have 3x class wingers but unrealistic??
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The South Stand

Tu devrais faire mieux.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    With Tee Ritson being talked about already with a great attitude etc.. can't see a way back if he wanted to come back.. obviously it would be a dream to have 3x class wingers but unrealistic??
    Early days for Ritson. Big difference training well and then taking that into a super league match. I hope he does well but itís a massive step up.

If Ritson doesnít work out, Iíd take Regan back In a heart beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

You might be the only one who doesn't know how to translate it to English via Google. ;-)
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football