Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789152555 ... LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary 2023

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Here we go again, Morgan Knowles one match penalty for the late hit
    Why does it seem to be fines for everyone then we get bans?

In The South Stand

Thought Knowles would get some form of punishment for the late hit, so not particularly surprised he has. A shame as we have Matautia back and looked far stronger for his return.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Thought Knowles would get some form of punishment for the late hit, so not particularly surprised he has. A shame as we have Matautia back and looked far stronger for his return.
    Late hit? Tell me this isn't for the one that was passed about 8 feet forward on our left edge about half way in the second half?

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Another ban, something we really didn’t need.
    One of our most important players and will be missing against one of the top teams.

Luckily Matautia is back this week and so Bell can move to 13.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Late hit? Tell me this isn't for the one that was passed about 8 feet forward on our left edge about half way in the second half?
    Seem to remember it being in the second half.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Getting beyond a joke now....another week and yet another ban for a Saints player!
    Very harsh as well I must say......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand

Seem to remember it being in the second half.
    Beyond a joke now, there was nothing in that at all. Saints should appeal it and show the three from the Cas v Leeds game that were worse. It's easy to moan about our discipline, but if our players do anything, it's a ban now. They're not hiding their embarassment from the appeal last year well are they. You'd think they would move on eventually.

Starting A Programme Collection

It was late and totally unnecessary and is something that he - and Saints - have been punished for repeatedly, so he/we can’t really complain.

It was a stupid challenge he was lucky to not get binned. It was with 9 minutes to go as well so we would have had to see out the match with 12 men.

So in reality we haven't fixed our disappline issues. The ref just missed one.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    It was late and totally unnecessary and is something that he - and Saints - have been punished for repeatedly, so he/we can’t really complain.
    This, really.

Our discipline has been shocking this year, so far.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    Exactly. Late and no arms on a kicker = no defence. People think there is an agenda against us but, aside from the Lees sinbin, can’t argue with any of the cards or bans we’ve had this season. Brainless at times.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    It was a stupid challenge he was lucky to not get binned. It was with 9 minutes to go as well so we would have had to see out the match with 12 men.

So in reality we haven't fixed our disappline issues. The ref just missed one.
    Given the ridiculous binning of Lees the week before id say Knowles not getting binned this week was that wrong getting balanced out. I also note another grade B offence being done against us in a televised game that we see no benefit from, what is the point of the video ref?

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Getting beyond a joke now....another week and yet another ban for a Saints player!
    Very harsh as well I must say......
    Watch it back, it’s not harsh for me. He runs out and rather than just put pressure on Clifford he whacks him after the ball has gone. They’ve been told time and time again for 2 years now yet still do it.
    Absolutely no sympathy.
    Watching the game back I thought Knowles looked off the pace anyway so the week off might get his head sorted.

In The West Stand

This, really.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the individual instances, but the issue is surely we cannot, single handedly, be responsible for 50% of all bans across the league, which is where we seem to be at the moment.

Learning All The Songs

The more annoying one for me is the charge on the Hull player for use of the knees on Bennison when scoring, which would suggest it should have been an 8 point try.

Another moment conveniently missed on field during a televised game and retrospectively punished. Not to mention it went to a video ref call anyway so really should have been picked up.

In The South Stand

This, really.

Having this santimonious attitude that everything the refs and disciplinary committee do is 100% correct is fine. But if that's fine, why are the players from other clubs not picked up for the same? If that happens at Warrington, Huddersfield, Wakefield or Salford, it's not a ban. Why is it a ban for us?

Got A Season Ticket

I'm sorry Saddened but I think you are wrong on this one. It was stupid unnecessary and late. He has zero tackling technique other than this front on thing and needs to pack the tough guy act and realise he is ban waiting to happen. I honestly can't think of the last standout game he had. Needs a big change in mindset.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees with the individual instances, but the issue is surely we cannot, single handedly, be responsible for 50% of all bans across the league, which is where we seem to be at the moment.

Watching the Hull game, we’re the most penalised team, I imagine that, y’know, being the most penalised team in the whole competition leaves us open to amassing suspensions and unbelievably, that’s exactly what’s happened.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Having this santimonious attitude that everything the refs and disciplinary committee do is 100% correct is fine. But if that's fine, why are the players from other clubs not picked up for the same? If that happens at Warrington, Huddersfield, Wakefield or Salford, it's not a ban. Why is it a ban for us?
    I’ll be honest, I couldn’t care less what happens at Wakefield and Salford and think comparing everything anyway just doesn’t work as there’s other factors at play.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I mentioned a couple of days ago Knowles could get a ban, whem I saw it and though the disciplinary would pick it up, being optomistic thought it might have 50:50 getting a ban. But the trouble is as mentioned other opposition players probably would get away with a fine, all these 50:50 calls when it comes to Saints feels like 60:40 against this season.

I also mentioned in a thread we don't get many games in the season when Matautia-Sironen-Knowles play together.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I mentioned a couple of days ago Knowles could get a ban, whem I saw it and though the disciplinary would pick it up, being optomistic thought it might have 50:50 getting a ban. But the trouble is as mentioned other opposition players probably would get away with a fine, all these 50:50 calls when it comes to Saints feels like 60:40 against this season.

I also mentioned in a thread we don't get many games in the season when Matautia-Sironen-Knowles play together.
    I don’t really care enough but do other clubs have players with the discipline history of Matautia, Knowles and Sironen?

In The West Stand

Watching the Hull game, we’re the most penalised team, I imagine that, y’know, being the most penalised team in the whole competition leaves us open to amassing suspensions and unbelievably, that’s exactly what’s happened.
    According to the Super League website (https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats) we have conceded 24 penalties, which puts us 10th in the league for penalties conceded, so no, we aren't the most penalised team in the league, try again. Even if we were, we would have to concede double the number of the rest of the clubs to justify double the amount of bans, which, again, were not.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    According to the Super League website (https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/club-stats) we have conceded 24 penalties, which puts us 10th in the league for penalties conceded, so no, we aren't the most penalised team in the league, try again. Even if we were, we would have to concede double the number of the rest of the clubs to justify double the amount of bans, which, again, were not.
    Is 24 not the number we’ve won? Either way, the Sky commentary team mentioned we were the most penalised side during the game and having watched us, that sounded correct at the time.

In The South Stand

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t care less what happens at Wakefield and Salford and think comparing everything anyway just doesn’t work as there’s other factors at play.
    Factors such as the appeal? And them being publicly embarassed and no doubt dressed down by their colleagues?

I'm fine with every possible ban being found for our players, it's technically a foul, provided the same is done for all the other clubs. People moan on here like we're the rugby league version of the Crazy Gang Wimbledon or pre-Premier League Millwall. We've not been anything like as aggressive with our contact or line speed this season and literally every possible thing has not only been picked up, but banned. We're not a dirty team, we're not any different to any of the teams in SL. Warrington's line speed and aggression is superior to ours, so is Huddersfields, so is Leeds the weeks they bother. No bans every week there and the same things are happening in their games. They need to match the thoroughness across every game for every club for it to be fair.

On this incident, yes it's technically a penalty. The ref saw it and thought nothing of it, the two touch judges saw it and thought nothing of it and the opposition didn't appeal and it was on TV so the same trial by TV that caught us in the Leeds game would have applied if they thought it was worthy. That says it all to me. You watch any of the televised games and you'll see two or three worse incidents than that one easily. There were multiple in the Cas game and clear abuse of the referee picked up on the televised footage. If we were in that game we'd be sat on three or four bans right now. Most of them don't even get picked up, it's like they've got a quota they've got to meet per week

Starting A Programme Collection

I don’t really care enough but do other clubs have players with the discipline history of Matautia, Knowles and Sironen?
    Leeds last season nobody's near us this year they need to start fineing them a weeks wage it must drilled into to them before they take the field to watch the late tackles but there still doing it