Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 123456122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary 2023

In The South Stand

Thought Hurrell may have got the longest ban given the red card but the discipline records of Sironen and Matautia probably mean their bans are as long as they are. Leaves us down to the bare bones in the back row with Batchelor out, too.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

So nothing for the head high when Percy was scoring. Sironen’s ban is ridiculous.

Got A Season Ticket grungellamas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    So nothing for the head high when Percy was scoring. Sironen’s ban is ridiculous.
    That was awful - he looked like a pretzel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Everyone could see it was a shoulder charge and a penalty other than the officials, The fine and no ban I'm ok with for Walters from the RFL thats all it deserves. Saints were robbed on the night.

- our players running in pushing and shoving gives Leeds the penalty.

Annoying when Austin was warned multiple times for addressing the ref and nothing happened there.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    I would like to know why Smith the video ref never instructed kendal that it was illegal. Or did he and he was ignored. That's really got my back up and I think wello should demand an answer to tat question.
    It absolutely needs addressing. We're not talking about whether or not a ref missed something; he saw the incident perfectly fine, but deemed it not worthy of any punishment as he said it wasn't a shoulder charge.

He needs some official remedial training on what is and what isn't a shoulder charge, as he obviously, genuinely has no idea what one is going off what he was saying in Friday

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Very much so when you watch the replay and Myler steps into Sironens path and created the sin binning, thought he would have got a grade A and a warning. Myler is a right cheating grub always playing for a penalty, have no sympathy for him if he picks up a serious injury one of a few serial cheats in our game.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Very much so when you watch the replay and Myler steps into Sironens path and created the sin binning, thought he would have got a grade A and a warning. Myler is a right cheating grub always playing for a penalty, have no sympathy for him if he picks up a serious injury one of a few serial cheats in our game.

Agree completely. Sironen was running laterally as part of a sliding defence. Given cheating little turd Myler ran into his path, how was Sironen supposed to avoid the collision that happened less than a second after Myler passed?

Players have to be able to commit to a tackle. Without that, the sport is dead.

Myler is a cheat, plain and simple.

We were diddled by a cheating Leeds side that was only able to stay with even an out-of-sorts Saints side, due to their cheating and gaming the ref, who seemed amenable to swallow their cheating.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Might be way off base here but could we not get Hurrell’s ban overturned on a technicality here? They’ve charged him with Grade C “Strikes” and I’m not really sure how they’ve arrived at that charge as to the best of my knowledge, he never struck anybody? I don’t think he is guilty of striking. He probably deserves a small ban for a late hit and making contact to the head mind, but he’s not struck him, he’s made a late tackle. At first I thought maybe they define a shoulder charge as striking in RL, but can’t be as they’ve charged Sam Walters with a shoulder charge specifically.

Got A Season Ticket

I would like to know why Smith the video ref never instructed kendal that it was illegal. Or did he and he was ignored. That's really got my back up and I think wello should demand an answer to tat question.
    Because Smith is another appalling bad referee who makes bemusing calls whenever he's involved in matches.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Sione Matautia (St Helens) - Grade C Dangerous Contact - 2 Match Penalty Notice

Konrad Hurrell (St Helens) - Grade C Strikes - 2 Match Penalty Notice

Curtis Sironen (St Helens) - Grade B Dangerous Contact - 1 Match Penalty Notice

Sam Walters (Leeds Rhinos) - Grade B Shoulder Charge - Ł250 fine

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    so we lose a match because a ref can't see a Grade B offence !! Kendall must be punished for this.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    so we lose a match because a ref can't see a Grade B offence !! Kendall must be punished for this.
    I’d hate to see what you suggest for the players who missed tackles, got sin binned, got red carded and were ill disciplined and fatigued.

In The South Stand

No we lost because : A. We didn't defend well enough. B. We got 3 cards and two of those players are repeat offenders. C. We lost our composure.

Yes the ref had a poor game,but to suggest it was just the ref is trying to cover our own faults.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I would like to know why Smith the video ref never instructed kendal that it was illegal. Or did he and he was ignored. That's really got my back up and I think wello should demand an answer to that question.
    I seem to remember Kendall never spoke to the video ref, he took it on himself to justify the decision telling the touch judges it wasn't a shoulder charge, then quickly moving onto Welsby and ignoring Walters putting his head towards Welsby on 2 occasions. Not checked the disciplinary minutes yet, don't know if Welsby got cited for the handbags incident.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Sam Walters decision added to Mike Rush's legendary defence file. Should hopefully come in handy should we get to any of the finals, if we need to pull out the trump card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    No we lost because : A. We didn't defend well enough. B. We got 3 cards and two of those players are repeat offenders. C. We lost our composure.

Yes the ref had a poor game,but to suggest it was just the ref is trying to cover our own faults.
    in the final analysis, we get the penalty and if kicked are at least 2 scores ahead and win the game.

In The South Stand

in the final analysis, we get the penalty and if kicked are at least 2 scores ahead and win the game.
    You can't use ifs. IF we don't get 3 cards,IF we don't miss a kick at goal. Fact it we should of been in a position to make sure the ref had no influence.

Learning All The Songs

You can't use ifs. IF we don't get 3 cards,IF we don't miss a kick at goal. Fact it we should of been in a position to make sure the ref had no influence.
    Agree, if Welsby keeps his cool we have a few more tackles and a chance of a DG.

In The South Stand

All well and good taking the moral high ground like that and of course you are right. That is what the club will be doing. But the fact remains that it shouldn't have happened. Kendall has to give the penalty, it's incredibly blatant and that wasn't a mistake by Kendall. You could see from his body language that he knew full well it was a penalty and he chose not to give it. He watched it twice on the screen and it showed the arm straight down as contact with the point of the shoulder was made and he didn't care. The arrogance in the conversation with the touch judges and Lomax (A well respected senior player) was ridiculous but also very telling. Whether he was just annoyed with Saints or the crowd or wanted to cause a fuss I don't know. It'll be interesting to see whether the RFL stand him down this week or put him in the Championship.

Starting A Programme Collection

4 players banned 3 from Saints Shaun Kenny-Dowall grade E potentially 5 matches

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Agree, if Welsby keeps his cool we have a few more tackles and a chance of a DG.
    I disagree with that. That happens in almost every game and it's never given against the team who moves forward like that. In almost every other instance it causes the referee to give the penalty. Leeds players did it on mass whenever we fouled one of their players, notably with the Hurrell tackle and the high shot on Sangare. There is no difference between any of those instances, they were all penalties, players moved forward and confronted the other team in all of them, but the referee chose not to give a penalty in one of them. It's an emotive sport and from Under 12s upwards, players would be getting involved there.

In The South Stand

Yes the ref was poor,we all agree. But he didn't miss about 8 attempted tackles for one of the Leeds trys. We lost the game more than the ref lost us the game. Our 2 repeat offenders in the yellow card department should know better this season.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

'should' is no better than 'if'

Kendall applies the rules uniformly, doesn't fall for Leeds' cheating (play-acting), doesn't ignore a clear penalty offence (despite it being on the big bloody screen) and we win.

We were poor by our standards, but still better than the opposition across the whole game.

The reason why we lost is because of two harsh sin-binnings, a dubious overturning of an on-field try decision, and the failure to penalise a blatant piece of foul play by Walters (made worse by penalising Welsby, who did what Leeds players had done during the game and what happens every game every week).
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

In The South Stand

Aren’t video refs not able to get involved anyway so lambasting Jack Smith for not getting involved isn’t fair. Lambasting Jack Smith because he’s a woeful ref, is completely fair, though.

Got A Season Ticket

Absolutely right and good to see a sensible post.