Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34567891011172757 ... LastLast

Thread: Disciplinary 2023

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    We've appealed the ban. It's hard to see what the RFL can do here. They were humiliated at the end of last season and they will, naturally, want to avoid that happening again. So it's pretty inevitable that they will uphold or extend the ban. They pretty much have to because the fall out and reputational damage would be severe. Makes you wonder what we're appealing with. If it's angles from the minor incident itself it's doubtful it'll be enough. Or is it an 8 minute compilation video of similar tackles that weren't charged or banned?

They should stream the disciplinary meetings I feel. That's the only way for true transparency and consistency to come through.
    As long as we don't make a frivolouse appeal we will be fine, even if we make a srong case I still think its a 50:50 call and we all know thats in favourable very short supply when it comes to the saints this season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    We've appealed the ban. It's hard to see what the RFL can do here. They were humiliated at the end of last season and they will, naturally, want to avoid that happening again. So it's pretty inevitable that they will uphold or extend the ban. They pretty much have to because the fall out and reputational damage would be severe. Makes you wonder what we're appealing with. If it's angles from the minor incident itself it's doubtful it'll be enough. Or is it an 8 minute compilation video of similar tackles that weren't charged or banned?

They should stream the disciplinary meetings I feel. That's the only way for true transparency and consistency to come through.
    I’d love to see him let off the ban just to watch the complete meltdown from other fans on social media!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I’d love to see him let off the ban just to watch the complete meltdown from other fans on social media!
    And the sky presenters & commentary team it'll take up half the show

Got A Season Ticket

It will really hit the fan if it gets overturned. Due to the farce pre GF I fear it will be extended to 2. Bearing in mind its Wakefield next week - and we have enough to beat them without him - this would hardly be a catastrophe.

I watched it back again today. For a player to get banned for that,the game is in a sorry state. And I'm not being biased.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    I watched it back again today. For a player to get banned for that,the game is in a sorry state. And I'm not being biased.
    I thought there was nothing in it, very surprised to see a ban. We need to control what we can and I don’t think the disciplinary are out to get us but it’s becoming laughable. I would like to see a clampdown on play acting which will drive me away from the game.
    Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional

Ban upheld Bruines added to the squad.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    I thought there was nothing in it, very surprised to see a ban. We need to control what we can and I don’t think the disciplinary are out to get us but it’s becoming laughable. I would like to see a clampdown on play acting which will drive me away from the game.
    No different to the hit on Dodd after he kicks the ball on 40 mins 52 secs. Can't tell who the Hull player is but it's a shoulder, no attempt to wrap his arms and he jumps into Dodd putting him on his arse.

Learning All The Songs

silly appeal which could have resulted in an increased ban. No way they were going to waive the ban in view of what happened last year with Knowles.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    silly appeal which could have resulted in an increased ban. No way they were going to waive the ban in view of what happened last year with Knowles.
    The club seem to be pretty good on when to go for an appeal, they make sure its not of a frivelous nature in Knowles case it wasn't a not guilty appeal but one of grading. The careless rather than reckless appeal was justified when we see other clubs being dealt differently by way of no bans.

Learning All The Songs

They only add bans for a frivolous appeal or if the charge is upgraded. For a well presented case the risk of extra games is extremely low.

Its the usual farce. I genuinely didn't think there was much in it.

The knees in on Bennison was a worse offence in my eyes yet only a fine.

Bearing in mind its Wakefield next week - and we have enough to beat them without him

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    Bearing in mind its Wakefield next week - and we have enough to beat them without him
    Please don't put the jinx on us. A similar quote was made prior to the Leigh game and we know what happened there

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Its the usual farce. I genuinely didn't think there was much in it.

The knees in on Bennison was a worse offence in my eyes yet only a fine.
    It probably was. What was that Hull lad’s previous record though? That’s why I don’t see things as like-for-like because there’s other factors such as the previous record to examine. If Bennison makes a high tackle tomorrow, I suspect his punishment would be different to Matautia or Sironen, for example.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

They appealed the grading trying to get careless from reckless not the ban the latter can result in further matches

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    It probably was. What was that Hull lad’s previous record though? That’s why I don’t see things as like-for-like because there’s other factors such as the previous record to examine. If Bennison makes a high tackle tomorrow, I suspect his punishment would be different to Matautia or Sironen, for example.
    I think there is an argument that certain things should be automatic bans rather than grading dependent, the likes of dumping someone on their head, tripping, use of the knees, shoulder charges etc all of those tend to be pretty deliberate acts and have no place in the game, whereas a slightly badly timed tackle is not a deliberate act.

In The South Stand

Of course. But there still needs to be common sense applied. If the Knowles one against Hull was any other player than Sironen, Mata'utia, Knowles or possibly Bentley, it wouldn't have been a charge. It wasn't worth bringing up. There have been far worse that were ignored. There was a pearler on Daryl Clark this week, not even mentioned.

In The South Stand

Another game last night I watched and didn't see anything from us to worry about. Which likely means we'll have at least one ban from the game. There was one moment where a Huddersfield kicker made the most of some minor contact after making a kick and ended up getting his leg trapped. I'll go for that or the Matty Lees high tackle that Roby went mad about. They'll no doubt find something.

Got A Season Ticket grungellamas's Avatar

FYI

Following the latest round of Betfred Super League fixtures, the Match Review Panel have issued the following sanctions:
    Sam Hewitt (Wakefield Trinity) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Sam Eseh (Wakefield Trinity) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – Not Applicable
    Scott Taylor (Hull FC) – Grade A Dangerous Contact - £250 fine
    Ligi Sao (Hull FC) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Jack Ashworth (Huddersfield Giants) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – Not Applicable
    Matty Lees (St Helens) – Grade B High Tackle - £250 fine
    Sam Kasiano (Warrington Wolves) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Sam Kasiano (Warrington Wolves) – Grade A Strikes - £250 fine
    Adam Milner (Castleford Tigers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Adam Milner (Castleford Tigers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
    Harry Newman (Leeds Rhinos) – Grade A Disputes Decision - £250 fine
    Tom Davies (Catalans Dragons) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – No further action

In The South Stand

Expected Lees to be pulled up by the Panel, so it was no real surprise that he was. Expected a game ban too, though I think I’m still in the mindset of how bans were handed out last year, so no ban is absolutely fine.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

So exactly the same as what happened v Leeds, the on field ref completely ignores a challenge by the opposition that is later charged. On both occasions we were penalised/punished.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Ashworth Grade A? How was Knowles the week before any worse?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Ashworth Grade A? How was Knowles the week before any worse?
    It’s not the Grading I’m interested in, it’s the “not applicable” rather than “no further action” that baffles me. If they deemed it no further action, then fine but “not applicable” is an odd one.

Learning All The Songs

It’s not the Grading I’m interested in, it’s the “not applicable” rather than “no further action” that baffles me. If they deemed it no further action, then fine but “not applicable” is an odd one.
    Probably RFL incompetence. The Grading annoys me, we have seen our players get Grade B’s and bans for something nearly identical, or in some cases not as bad. This was worse than Lees high shot yet he gets more of a punishment, the RFL is a disgrace.