Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 21313738394041424344455161 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2097

Thread: Disciplinary 2023

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If it was so bad I can’t believe that Charney didn’t lamp him.
    Why get yourself sent off when you can report it? I don't like Charnley, but he has done the right thing

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If it was so bad I can’t believe that Charney didn’t lamp him.
    That's exactly what the idiot wanted Belgian, so I'm glad Charnley did the right thing, not sure I would have done!

Got A Season Ticket

Having read the minutes, I think the stupidest part of all of this is that even Maguire's defence and cover story displayed that he had no remorse for being done for this earlier in the season. Like his defence is that he was calling Charnley a "rat" based on an incident in pre-season, which I'm assuming is when Charnley grassed on him for his distasteful remark that got him banned for 6 games... Like the dude had to take an educational course as part of his punishment and the idiot was basically testifying that he had no remorse and held a grudge against Charnley for getting him in trouble... And this was his DEFENCE. The defence seems pretty obviously a lie, and I'm fairly sure that what Charnley said happened is what happened, but the fact that his lie was so ill conceived is baffling.

Just get him gone. We have no need for people like him in our sport.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poysaint View Post
    Having read the minutes, I think the stupidest part of all of this is that even Maguire's defence and cover story displayed that he had no remorse for being done for this earlier in the season. Like his defence is that he was calling Charnley a "rat" based on an incident in pre-season, which I'm assuming is when Charnley grassed on him for his distasteful remark that got him banned for 6 games... Like the dude had to take an educational course as part of his punishment and the idiot was basically testifying that he had no remorse and held a grudge against Charnley for getting him in trouble... And this was his DEFENCE. The defence seems pretty obviously a lie, and I'm fairly sure that what Charnley said happened is what happened, but the fact that his lie was so ill conceived is baffling.

The ‘rat’ comment makes even less sense when the incident in pre-season was picked up by the officials and the pitch side microphone.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    That's exactly what the idiot wanted Belgian, so I'm glad Charnley did the right thing, not sure I would have done!
    I think Charney was a bit calmer than I would have been in that situation, but you are in that he handled it correctly.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Poysaint View Post

Its so bad its almost a parody. He should be fired for that - for what he said and the fact that he is now unavailable for 8 matches (on top of 6 previously). I'm hopeful that if he was a Saints player he'd be sacked

Learning All The Songs

Is calling someone a rat bad?

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Is calling someone a rat bad?
    Not if it's Tomkins.

Or Gary Neville.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

In The South Stand

Anyone got any bets on what we receive on the disciplinary wheel of charges this week? I didn't see anything worthy of a ban from either side, neither did anyone on Twitter. There were no obvious late hits etc.

But as ever I imagine they'll find something...

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Anyone got any bets on what we receive on the disciplinary wheel of charges this week? I didn't see anything worthy of a ban from either side, neither did anyone on Twitter. There were no obvious late hits etc.

But as ever I imagine they'll find something...
    Paasi Grade B 14 game ban for making Singleton look silly?

Learning All The Songs

Another disciplinary free week for us, nothing for Hull either.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Cullen must be away on holiday

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Nothing for the scum, either.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I was thinking that.

Josh Charnley is remarkably lucky. His high shot on Jake Clifford was a shocker, really severe contact. It injured the player as well with him failing the HIA.

He got a Grade B and a fine, but it was one of the worst high shots there have been this year. Very reckless and it was late too by the definitions they've used all year, the ball had clearly gone.

Grade F for the trialist at Wakefield. I think we need to start a Go Fund Me to pay his fine for him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Only picked up 3 incidents its as though they have only watched the highlights and not bothered to nit pick this week. Was expecting some mentioned incidents from Singleton, Farrell and Thornley.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Only picked up 3 incidents its as though they have only watched the highlights and not bothered to nit pick this week. Was expecting some mentioned incidents from Singleton, Farrell and Thornley.
    I imagine we would be many points clear at the top of the league if the forensic analysis of everything we did hadn't been enforced for the first part of the season, whilst the same offences were committed ad nauseam throughout the compettion by others with impunity. As it is, some sanity is now prevailing (I don't think even the powers that be could keep getting away with pinning us for everything forever, it was begining to look rather ridiculous, wasn't it?) and now with an even playing field the dreaded prospect for SKY and the rest is that a fifth title is a possibility. The sin binnings and more damagingly, the suspensions have stopped, then quelle surprise with a settled squad we resume business as usual. I wonder how long they'll let that go on for?

Learning All The Songs

I was thinking that.

Josh Charnley is remarkably lucky. His high shot on Jake Clifford was a shocker, really severe contact. It injured the player as well with him failing the HIA.

He got a Grade B and a fine, but it was one of the worst high shots there have been this year. Very reckless and it was late too by the definitions they've used all year, the ball had clearly gone.
    That means Clifford is ruled out of this weeks cup game against us. Hull must be really peeved given Charnley is free to play in Leigh's cup game this weekend.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Morgan Knowles should be banned on the basis he has nothing to be banned for. Joking aside, we've seemed to have improved our discipline. Long may it continue.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Paasi Grade B 14 game ban for making Singleton look silly?
    Just logged on here and your post frightened the life out of me. Surprised Thornley who got pulled up for at least two head highs, isn’t on Cullen’s Xmas card list.

Starting A Programme Collection

With the big cup games on BBC this weekend, it is no surprise to me that no-one from Saints/Hull/Wire/Wigan has been banned.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Morgan Knowles should be banned on the basis he has nothing to be banned for. Joking aside, we've seemed to have improved our discipline. Long may it continue.

And it puts paid to the fallacy that you can't defend tough without hitting ball carriers late.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post

Yes, I agree, he was better

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Perhaps the MRP feel they have (for the time being) reached their goal and achieved what the salary cap never will. A pretty competitive league
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

The Wakefield tackle (Salabio) was a weird one because I think he was the ball carrier initially, very unusual for an attacker to tackle a defender, especially like that

The Mitchell Pearce “tackle” was a shocker, probably the worst challenge I’ve seen this year. I know he got 3 games but how he avoided a sending off in-game I don’t know

I was thinking that.

Grade F for the trialist at Wakefield. I think we need to start a Go Fund Me to pay his fine for him.
    Clifford slipped and I think that is what saved him from a big ban.