Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally wicked concert

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I couldnt give a crap about Daltry’s politics, The Who are fantastic.
    I am giddy about it already!

Yeah I'd probably be more concerned with Pete Townshend's internet surfing 😁

Quite right. I wonder how many don’t go to watch Saints because of the way some of the players voted at the last general election?

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Well the ticket prices are out and I’ve nearly fell off my seat. £145, cheapest is £80.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Well the ticket prices are out and I’ve nearly fell off my seat. £145, cheapest is £80.
    I don't think that is particularly out of kilter for big band concerts these days.

I have say that I go to 3 and 4 day festivals with a not too dissimilar price tag than those seat prices for a couple of hours event. Makes my Glastonbury ticket at £335 look an absolute bargain and I'm there for best part of a week with live music on 5 days.

I'm pretty sure they will go like hot cakes though and its a great bit of incremental income for the Saints so well done.

Learning All The Songs

I'm standing outside to listen for free

Noooobie

Presale on 02 sign up for free if you on Virgin Media.
    Last edited by hookman2007; 3rd February 2023 at 07:31.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think that is particularly out of kilter for big band concerts these days.

I have say that I go to 3 and 4 day festivals with a not too dissimilar price tag than those seat prices for a couple of hours event. Makes my Glastonbury ticket at £335 look an absolute bargain and I'm there for best part of a week with live music on 5 days.

I'm pretty sure they will go like hot cakes though and its a great bit of incremental income for the Saints so well done.
    The price looked high at first but you are getting the Who and UB40 and an orchestra for £108 (band 'C' ticket). Just saw that UB40 in June at Warwick Castle is minimum £64, and that is for a standing-only concert. So, them and the Who for £108, seated, doesn't look too bad in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    The price looked high at first but you are getting the Who and UB40 and an orchestra for £108 (band 'C' ticket). Just saw that UB40 in June at Warwick Castle is minimum £64, and that is for a standing-only concert. So, them and the Who for £108, seated, doesn't look too bad in the end.
    Indeed and if you look at the price of west-end shows and the like they are off the scale.
    Thankfully most of the bands I'm watching these days are sub £20!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Plus we live in an age where (if we choose to) music is free, so whereas back in the day a gig was a tenner people would be forking out loads on albums or CDs as well. Now, all the money is in gigs because the bands make alot less in sales of their music.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Plus we live in an age where (if we choose to) music is free, so whereas back in the day a gig was a tenner people would be forking out loads on albums or CDs as well. Now, all the money is in gigs because the bands make alot less in sales of their music.
    That is the nail on the head and precise the reason so may old acts are having to work for a living so late on in their careers. There would not have been such a massive explosion in the number of festivas if the acts were still earning from physical music sales.
    You only have to look at the events that the likes of Butlins are putting on to get the drift!

Learning All The Songs

That's stating to drift back in the artists favour slightly though with apps like Spotify taking over and paying royalties to the artists.

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    That's stating to drift back in the artists favour slightly though with apps like Spotify taking over and paying royalties to the artists.
    They pay absolute buttons mate. Unless your mega like Ed Sheeran or similar level I'm not sure it's a living. It's a very small fraction of a penny per play.

Learning All The Songs

They pay absolute buttons mate. Unless your mega like Ed Sheeran or similar level I'm not sure it's a living. It's a very small fraction of a penny per play.
    I didn't realise it was so low, just had a look and it's almost nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    I didn't realise it was so low, just had a look and it's almost nothing!
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    And is it definitely the club that benefits and not some stadium management company?
    I can confirm that the stadium management company is St Helens RFC Ltd. You may have heard of them? Local company, been around for a few years.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

That is the nail on the head and precise the reason so may old acts are having to work for a living so late on in their careers. There would not have been such a massive explosion in the number of festivas if the acts were still earning from physical music sales.
    You only have to look at the events that the likes of Butlins are putting on to get the drift!

That's stretching it, no? Perhaps 'having to work to keep themselves in the lifestyles to which they've become accustomed to without having to dip into their millions in assets' might be more accurate...

I mean, you don't see Pete Townshend or Simon le Bon in the food bank queue, do you?
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    That's stretching it, no? Perhaps 'having to work to keep themselves in the lifestyles to which they've become accustomed to without having to dip into their millions in assets' might be more accurate...

I mean, you don't see Pete Townshend or Simon le Bon in the food bank queue, do you?
    To be honest its really not those 'top-tier' acts I was talking about.I agree those who made millions in days gone by should be reasonably comfortable although lets face it some have expensive habits!

I was really talking about the lower rung bands and acts. Just as a simple example take the old punk bands like UK Subs. They have been constantly touring for years on end all over the world. I genuinely think its just to earn a living and Charlie is nearly 80! Im pretty sure they will not be living a fantastic lifestyle on the back of historical sales. There are lots that may have had the odd "hit" in decades past but that will no longer be paying the bills.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

To be honest its really not those 'top-tier' acts I was talking about.I agree those who made millions in days gone by should be reasonably comfortable although lets face it some have expensive habits!

I was really talking about the lower rung bands and acts. Just as a simple example take the old punk bands like UK Subs. They have been constantly touring for years on end all over the world. I genuinely think its just to earn a living and Charlie is nearly 80! Im pretty sure they will not be living a fantastic lifestyle on the back of historical sales. There are lots that may have had the odd "hit" in decades past but that will no longer be paying the bills.

Fair enough.

(love the 'expensive habit' comment, too )
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Starting A Programme Collection NSL's Avatar

I went to the concert last summer and was brilliant although it was a joke trying to leave the stadium surroundings, hope they improve for this one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post

Yeah unless the odd hit for lower tiered bands is a Christmas "earworm" then the life of an average paid worker is all that lies ahead.
    Our own slick Rick does well from 80`s festivals in their various guises as do a some good long forgotten acts.
    A few played the system and used their talent on other platforms Jeremy Healy, Norman Cook and Mr C spring to mind as making more out of spinning the discs than making them.