Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Jack Ashworth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Starting A Programme Collection

Default Jack Ashworth

I haven't hibernated for the close season but I missed where Saints had let big Jack go. I only realised when I looked at the Huddersfield squad. My opinion is we have let one slip the net here as he has his best years to come.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I haven't hibernated for the close season but I missed where Saints had let big Jack go. I only realised when I looked at the Huddersfield squad. My opinion is we have let one slip the net here as he has his best years to come.
    We released him at the end of the 2020 season so its been a couple of years now, he's spent a lot of that on loan. Think the club made the right decision when you compare what we have/coming through.
    Last edited by BackrowSaint; 20th January 2023 at 18:44.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Had a habit of going missing when the going got tough, when he eventually toughened up he gave too many penalties away. There was a question about his temperament and the club lost patience with him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

He’s been gone 2 years and done •••• all in that time other than get loaned out to the likes of Leigh and Featherstone. His squad number for this year has gone down to 27 from 18 when he first signed if that’s any indication of how much they value him. Expect to see another loan heavy season with a move to the championship when his contract runs out at the end of the year. Maybe Woolf could have made a player out of him if he’d stayed, certainly had the raw attributes.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

I don’t want to speculate but I think there may have been off the field issues not conducive with the clubs culture and that’s good enough for me. Our recent success has been built upon it and Saints don’t get it wrong often when releasing a player.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    I don’t want to speculate but I think there may have been off the field issues not conducive with the clubs culture and that’s good enough for me. Our recent success has been built upon it and Saints don’t get it wrong often when releasing a player.
    I think that was the end of the road for him at Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I think that was the end of the road for him at Saints.
    And rightly so, we’ve done pretty well without him. I did think he had real potential though.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

… be a few more missing if it was simply down to that

Starting A Programme Collection

Well it looks like I've hibernated for longer than 1 close season, aĺ I can put it down to is my age. I completely got him mixed up with Jake Wingfield, so apologies for a useless post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    … be a few more missing if it was simply down to that
    You clearly have greater knowledge than myself Nickles Forearm.

I remember him having an absolute blinder at Warrington, but itball went downhill from there

Learning All The Songs

How to speculate without speculating.

In reality, the lad was 25 when we let him go and wanted to start earning a decent wedge. He was obviously offered more of a starters salary elsewhere, than we were prepared to offer him as a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    How to speculate without speculating.

In reality, the lad was 25 when we let him go and wanted to start earning a decent wedge. He was obviously offered more of a starters salary elsewhere, than we were prepared to offer him as a squad player.
    It’s not exactly speculating. He was arrested and charged with criminal damage to his girlfriends house in 2020. He pleaded guilty to this at Court so it’s all in the public domain.

I’d say that’s conducive to a culture that the club didn’t want to be associated with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    It’s not exactly speculating. He was arrested and charged with criminal damage to his girlfriends house in 2020. He pleaded guilty to this at Court so it’s all in the public domain.

I’d say that’s conducive to a culture that the club didn’t want to be associated with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn’t know he had been charged or been to court. Someone told me at the time it involved domestic violence but due to my not knowing of his conviction, I was reluctant to post anything that may have reflected badly on myself or the forum.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I didn’t know he had been charged or been to court. Someone told me at the time it involved domestic violence but due to my not knowing of his conviction, I was reluctant to post anything that may have reflected badly on myself or the forum.
    At the time I think the Crown Prosecution Service had enough evidence to charge him allow him bail and face a court judge, don't know what the outcome was. Think the club gave up on him from that point Ashworth and Lees were the future prospects but only Lees had the right temperament to stay in the saints culture.

As the OP got mixed up with Jake Wingfield, I think this player will make it OK if he gets a fair run of games without picking up those niggly knocks.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

The fact you haven't noticed we haven't had him for a couple of years probably tells you everything.

EDIT: just seen your other comment re. Jake Wingfield!
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS