Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMG article

Learning All The Songs

Default IMG article

https://www.totalrl.com/rugby-league...ague-upheaval/

Be interesting to see what they actually do within a couple of years.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    https://www.totalrl.com/rugby-league...ague-upheaval/

Be interesting to see what they actually do within a couple of years.
    I think you have to ask where IMG marketing expertise lie compared to that of RL agent C. Harrison.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I think you have to ask where IMG marketing expertise lie compared to that of RL agent C. Harrison.
    The fact he refers to YouTube shows he’s already behind the 8-ball

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

He is a guy that loves seeing his name in print. For him everything is a “Show Me The Money” promotion.

Learning All The Songs

The blokes a moron who loves the sound of his own voice too much. Nothing more than an opportunity to market his players as every involvement he has is, which is an agent is fair but the guise of for the good of the game is thin.

Got A Season Ticket

No doubt that he represents the players he mentions.
    Nothing but self interest

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    The blokes a moron who loves the sound of his own voice too much. Nothing more than an opportunity to market his players as every involvement he has is, which is an agent is fair but the guise of for the good of the game is thin.
    Very much so, invested interest in his own players on his books, who really wants to promote Smithies as a positive image profile I think he is still Zak Hardakers agent as well. Tips Hull KR as a top four for next season.......really!

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

I think he's onto something. Taking Morgan Smithies and going "into their home lives" could be genius.

Remember that in Victorian days, freak shows were popular for a reason.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    I think he's onto something. Taking Morgan Smithies and going "into their home lives" could be genius.

Remember that in Victorian days, freak shows were popular for a reason.
    Hmmm., that could be an interesting reality, the way he uses his head in a couple of years we could see the reincarnation of John Merrick the "Elephant Man".

Got A Season Ticket

Stopped reading after the claim Smithies, Truman and Lewis are superstars of the game. Tripe.

I imagine the improved marketing will follow with IMG. Let’s be honest, there’s lots for them to get their teeth into and marketing is one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Harrison once made up a story that Adam Milner was about to sign for the Canberra Raiders as his contract was up fair enough he did what he's payed for by the player and got more money for him to stay
    At that time almost every player at Cas was on his books plus Powell had him as his agent ending up with the club at times taking players from him that he couldn't get in anywhere else personally I wouldn't believe anything he ever says

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...teria-release/

More details to follow in March/April, with speculation there will be few A grade teams.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

More details to follow in March/April, with speculation there will be few A grade teams.
    Saints, Catalans, Wigan, Leeds will all be A's.
    Warrington, Huddersfield, Hull FC, Hull KR, Leigh will likely be B grade
    Salford, Wakefield, Cas should be C grade, along with the likes of Fev, Toulouse and Halifax from the Championship.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

Cas and Wakey are getting their artist’s impressions ready.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Saints, Catalans, Wigan, Leeds will all be A's.
    Warrington, Huddersfield, Hull FC, Hull KR, Leigh will likely be B grade
    Salford, Wakefield, Cas should be C grade, along with the likes of Fev, Toulouse and Halifax from the Championship.
    Why would Warrington, Hull and Huddersfield only be B?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Lack of success?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Hull - stadium ownership, other revenue streams that that causes
    Huddersfield and Warrington - investment in academy and being capable of actually producing talent for the competition, also overall revenue generation including attendences.

All three, lack of overall success.

To put it another way; do you look at Warrington and think "I wish Saints were run that way" - if the answer is no, then they shouldnt be grade A.

Catalans and Leeds have the biggest revenues in the league, followed by Saints and Wigan. Saints and Wigan contribute more players to the league than anyone else, and between Saints, Leeds and Wigan all GF's since 2005 have been won by them - with Catalans also scoring a geography point. I would argue Wigan shouldnt be grade A as they also don't own their own stadium, but at least have opportunities to develop revenue streams unlike Hull, and realistically, IMG will give them an A grade.

Learning All The Songs

Huddersfield and Warrington - investment in academy and being capable of actually producing talent for the competition, also overall revenue generation including attendences.

To put it another way; do you look at Warrington and think "I wish Saints were run that way" - if the answer is no, then they shouldnt be grade A.

Catalans and Leeds have the biggest revenues in the league, followed by Saints and Wigan. Saints and Wigan contribute more players to the league than anyone else, and between Saints, Leeds and Wigan all GF's since 2005 have been won by them - with Catalans also scoring a geography point. I would argue Wigan shouldnt be grade A as they also don't own their own stadium, but at least have opportunities to develop revenue streams unlike Hull, and realistically, IMG will give them an A grade.
    Fair enough

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Been ready for a decade or more have they not? Just need dusting.

Ju$t as a matter of interest what revenue streams do Wigan enjoy, selling on club developed players? I Maybe wrongly assumed that as they don’t own the stadium they don’t get revenue from the likes of food and drink, weddings etc.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Ju$t as a matter of interest what revenue streams do Wigan enjoy, selling on club developed players? I Maybe wrongly assumed that as they don’t own the stadium they don’t get revenue from the likes of food and drink, weddings etc.
    I thought they still got corporates? The don’t get food and drink though. They still own the Orrell ground as well - compared to Hulls situation they get a good deal at the DW.

As I said in my original post, if I were in charge ground ownership would be a prerequisite to a grade A, but can’t see IMG being that hardline.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    They get the corporate match day revenue, the food and drink at Robin Park, regular events there, last night over 500 in attendance for the Charity (3rd) kit launch at £10 head admission, the revenue from Robin Park management of the facilities.
    Pop in on Good Friday there'll be live band(s) etc and it's cheaper ale than on the ground.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Stopped reading when I saw the agents name

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    They get the corporate match day revenue, the food and drink at Robin Park, regular events there, last night over 500 in attendance for the Charity (3rd) kit launch at £10 head admission, the revenue from Robin Park management of the facilities.
    Pop in on Good Friday there'll be live band(s) etc and it's cheaper ale than on the ground.
    I thought they still got corporates? The don’t get food and drink though. They still own the Orrell ground as well - compared to Hulls situation they get a good deal at the DW.

As I said in my original post, if I were in charge ground ownership would be a prerequisite to a grade A, but can’t see IMG being that hardline.
    Thanks I had no idea what they do get and what they don’t.