Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Season Tickets

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyJ View Post
    Why would you be comparing prices with Wigan?
    Which other team would give the best like-for-like comparison of ticket pricing?

The main point was although the prices are a little bit expensive (though not ridiculous), this was somewhat mitigated due to family offers they used to have (such as the 1A + 2J ticket I was on, amongst others like 1A +1J, 2A + 2J etc). I was just wondering if anybody else used to be on one and found they aren't anymore?

Memory could be wrong but I thought it was around 70 cheaper to get the family ticket, but they've disappeared this season.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    26 per game for an adult and 7-8 per game for a child in the best seats in the stadium doesn't feel massively out of whack for me. Obviously makes a big difference if you know you're going to miss a third of the games but if that's the case then I'm not a season ticket is really aimed at you.

If Wigan are charging 220 less for the equivalent and still only getting 11-13k attendances then that seems a little short sighted. Clubs need to have more about them than cheap tickets to attract people - and tbf Saints aren't great at that.
    Yeh you're bang on there when you say "a season ticket probabaly isn't aimed at you", I'm not gonna renew. When you put it like that, it makes complete sense and I've never really thought of it that way before.

A bit shit as I've had them for 6 yrs but as life and schedules (the kids as well as mine!) get more hectic it just gets harder to get to games. I'll probably just look at the fixtures and ask the kids to pick a couple of games each or something.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Yeh you're bang on there when you say "a season ticket probabaly isn't aimed at you", I'm not gonna renew. When you put it like that, it makes complete sense and I've never really thought of it that way before.

A bit shit as I've had them for 6 yrs but as life and schedules (the kids as well as mine!) get more hectic it just gets harder to get to games. I'll probably just look at the fixtures and ask the kids to pick a couple of games each or something.

I think this is where Saints could be a bit more creative with ticketing (e.g. smaller packages for a few games at a particular part of the season) to cover those who can't commit to a full season.

At a quick glance our prices seem broadly similar to Wire and Leeds. Wigan seem to be effectively subsidising theirs, not quite to Huddersfield levels just yet. The fact they're charging about 10% more for a junior ticket in the best seats than I paid in the early SL days to stand on the crumbling steps of Knowsley Road nearly 30 years later says a lot about how the sport has progressed in those years.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    I think this is where Saints could be a bit more creative with ticketing (e.g. smaller packages for a few games at a particular part of the season) to cover those who can't commit to a full season.

At a quick glance our prices seem broadly similar to Wire and Leeds. Wigan seem to be effectively subsidising theirs, not quite to Huddersfield levels just yet. The fact they're charging about 10% more for a junior ticket in the best seats than I paid in the early SL days to stand on the crumbling steps of Knowsley Road nearly 30 years later says a lot about how the sport has progressed in those years.
    I,ve not renewed this season bit dissllusioned the way the game is officiated and post match disciplined. If the club do packages of say 3 or 4 games might be interested, I,m going to see how the game develops first with all this so called speeding up of the game with the contact areas being under even more scrutiny.

Which other team would give the best like-for-like comparison of ticket pricing?

The main point was although the prices are a little bit expensive (though not ridiculous), this was somewhat mitigated due to family offers they used to have (such as the 1A + 2J ticket I was on, amongst others like 1A +1J, 2A + 2J etc). I was just wondering if anybody else used to be on one and found they aren't anymore?

Memory could be wrong but I thought it was around 70 cheaper to get the family ticket, but they've disappeared this season.

An adult plus junior package for just over 300 is still available this year but seating is in the family stand rather than North or South stands.

Got A Season Ticket

Fair enough, it’s just not something I’d even consider although you’d have to pay me to go to that dump every other week.

Does anyone know why I need a membership to buy a season ticket online? Not that it’s a problem, it just seems overly awkward.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Fair enough, it’s just not something I’d even consider although you’d have to pay me to go to that dump every other week.

Does anyone know why I need a membership to buy a season ticket online? Not that it’s a problem, it just seems overly awkward.

Don't know but Saints and I.T. never seem to go to well together, it maybe they can only do it if they already have details.

I thought of doing mine on line but went down on Monday AM instead, no other customers there so all done in a couple of minutes

Got A Season Ticket

Fair enough, its just not something Id even consider although youd have to pay me to go to that dump every other week.

Does anyone know why I need a membership to buy a season ticket online? Not that its a problem, it just seems overly awkward.
    Yeh I was just comparing as a like for like product for reference, I didn't mean I was gonna take them Wigan instead because it was cheaper, Christ alive! Haha

Got A Season Ticket

Yeh I was just comparing as a like for like product for reference, I didn't mean I was gonna take them Wigan instead because it was cheaper, Christ alive! Haha

I didn’t think that. That could be considered cruelty.