Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Roadworks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Default Roadworks

Why do roadworks take so bloody long? Is this a Sintellins thing or is it like that everywhere?

After taking about 6 months to seemingly just replace the kerbs and resurface the Sherdley Road/Peasley Cross Lane junction (seriously, has anything material actually changed?), creating huge queues and delays in all directions, they're now setting about destroying the Bull & Dog roundabout. It's apparently to make the roundabout more cyclist-friendly. It's chaos at peak times, especially in the morning.

The timeframe according to the signs there? 6 months.

I suspect the same team of a one-armed pensioner and teenage apprentice they used on the Peasley Cross junction are doing the work. With hand tools.

Meanwhile, queues on Clock Face Road, Chester Lane, Mill Lane will continue to be appalling.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Learning All The Songs

Don't know Eddie don't watch Newsnight.

Cycle friendly, that’s a laugh. I’m not a cyclist but this country doesn’t have the infrastructure to support cyclists and some weird bollards and a reconfigured roundabout isn’t going to change that

When all the train lines were closed years ago they should have tarmaced some of them for the sole use of walkers and cyclists and built around those to enable safe routes for cyclists. They are just dead spaces now, criss crossing the country

Many more roads need works! Of the pothole-filling sort.

State of the roads has got terrible over the past few years. I guess that's another consequence of chronic underfunding.

The new layout of the Bull & Dog roundabout is taking shape, and it looks an absolute dog's breakfast.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    The new layout of the Bull & Dog roundabout is taking shape, and it looks an absolute dog's breakfast.
    It looks like a complete mess and a rather unnecessary one as well. Im not convinced its going to improve much.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    what an absolute state that is. The wife picked me up from there about a month ago and couldn't figure it out, fortunately it wasn't busy. So far she's now refusing to drive that way and would only pick me up from the station car park last week, typically it lashed down.