Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345671323 ... LastLast

Thread: World Club Challenge

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

https://www.totalrl.com/penrith-pant...n-off-on-deal/

Might be an idea to hold fire on those flights and travel arrangements.

Got A Season Ticket

They really are not arsed about the game. It's at best a trial game for them. Their attitude and arrogance is sickening.

Learning All The Songs

If that is their attitude, we should walk away.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    If that is their attitude, we should walk away.
    Maybe we can get the NRL to pay us £100,000 for playing.

PS Sorry $100,000 Australian.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Just booked ours, only off for 4 nights as I'm a teacher and it's fell in my HT but need to be in work on the Monday so home Sunday morning!

Flights were £1350 from Manc.

There's flights from around £800-900 from Heathrow via America, does take 30-31 hours instead of the 23-24 usually but a lot of money saved.

Hotels aren't too bad, in Sydney can get an alright hotel for about £50pp per night.

Penrith slightly dearer but nothing bad. We're doing 2 nights in Sydney and 2 in Penrith.

I reckon you can do a week from Heathrow for around £1300 based on 2 sharing if people are looking for the most cost effective way.
    I hope you have not underestimated jet lag--good luck in the classroom when you return.
    Bringing it all back home.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    https://www.totalrl.com/penrith-pant...n-off-on-deal/

Might be an idea to hold fire on those flights and travel arrangements.
    The articles have Brian Fletcher (Panthers CEO) talking about missing out on an apparent big earning trial game against Parra. They're literally playing the game the week before.

Then you go on the Panthers website and it's got an article talking about it going ahead, with the quote

On behalf of all at Panthers, we look forward to welcoming St Helens to BlueBet Stadium in February.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peters View Post
    I hope you have not underestimated jet lag--good luck in the classroom when you return.
    haha in 2017 when I went for the WC for 2 weeks it absolutely killed me when I got back, I'm hoping shorter time will mean it's not as bad but there's no logic to that other than hope....

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Maybe we can get the NRL to pay us £100,000 for playing.

PS Sorry $100,000 Australian.
    I hope that they are already doing that to pay for all the expenses incurred in travelling, hotels etc., it's only what Saint, Wigan Leeds and, the RFL and Sky have had to do in the past for visiting Australian teams Saints must hope to gain a small profit from it to cover the loss of a small amount of income from a home preseason friendly which presumably wiĺl not take place

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I hope that they are already doing that to pay for all the expenses incurred in travelling, hotels etc., it's only what Saint, Wigan Leeds and, the RFL and Sky have had to do in the past for visiting Australian teams Saints must hope to gain a small profit from it to cover the loss of a small amount of income from a home preseason friendly which presumably wiĺl not take place
    You would think that we would be paid a similar amount to that paid to Aussie clubs to come here, which according to reports was much more than 100K.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I was thinking, jokingly, of pure prize money/profit. I presume the considerable costs will be covered anyway.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

haha in 2017 when I went for the WC for 2 weeks it absolutely killed me when I got back, I'm hoping shorter time will mean it's not as bad but there's no logic to that other than hope....
    I nearly threw up in the taxi back from the airport when I landed after 3 weeks there in 2017, felt awful for a day. But I'm a soft arse with that kind of thing so hope you manage okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I nearly threw up in the taxi back from the airport when I landed after 3 weeks there in 2017, felt awful for a day. But I'm a soft arse with that kind of thing so hope you manage okay.
    haha thankfully I just kept falling asleep at random times rather than feeling horrific

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peters View Post
    There is a non stop flight Heathrow to Perth in West Australia (17 hours), stop over a couple of nights then 4.5 hour flight to Sydney on Qantas.

Tickets on sale now for those going. No sign of a Saints section but asking about people appear to be getting the South Standing tickets. Only 20 Aus Dollars which is about £11 which is great really.

Be good to get all the Saints fans together, not ideal the club haven't got their own but probably logistical issues.

Tickets on sale here if people haven't seen - https://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...px?sh=PENWCC23

Learning All The Songs

Tickets on sale now for those going. No sign of a Saints section but asking about people appear to be getting the South Standing tickets. Only 20 Aus Dollars which is about £11 which is great really.

Be good to get all the Saints fans together, not ideal the club haven't got their own but probably logistical issues.

Tickets on sale here if people haven't seen - https://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...px?sh=PENWCC23
    Yes, would be good to know where Saints fans will be going. I'll be flying over from Perth, probably for both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Forward Bloke View Post
    Yes, would be good to know where Saints fans will be going. I'll be flying over from Perth, probably for both games.
    Everyone I've spoken to, admittedly only 10-15 people have said South standing so hopefully everyone can go there.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I've never been before and I know it's a lot to organise but I'm surprised the club haven't organised a supporters trip or charged someone with doing so. I only ever travelled with package trips so wouldn't have the confidence to arrange stuff myself...probably can't afford the bugger anyway but you can dream...

Noooobie

Add another 2 to that and planning on being on the hill for the saints v saints game in Wollongong too.
    If anyone is planning on going into local drinking holes before the game let us know which and we'll start early. COYS!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Dave Foti of Catalan Sports Tours is doing a trip. He's excellent and has done this sort of trip many times before.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/3139747d...b-ccafbdaa841b

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Looks like a great trip that Rogues couldn’t believe the price till I read the foot note doesn’t include international flights Doh! So it still remains a pipe dream.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

It does look a brilliant trip tbf, it's probably a pipe dream for me with other commitments/family before I even consider cost. I thought it was about £600 for a flight to Aus but its shot up ,if I could've gone for about £1500 for a few days no trips I might have done it. The Mrs might not agree though as I'd have gone on my own....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    It does look a brilliant trip tbf, it's probably a pipe dream for me with other commitments/family before I even consider cost. I thought it was about £600 for a flight to Aus but its shot up ,if I could've gone for about £1500 for a few days no trips I might have done it. The Mrs might not agree though as I'd have gone on my own....
    I think the best you can do atm is around £1600 for a week.

£1190 Heathrow to Sydney, hotel be around £50 per night (based on sharing and wanting a reasonable hotel) but like everything in life it's shot up as you say.

I paid £490 return in 2017 for the WC, did 12 nights all in for just under £1000.

On your early point about trips I haven't seen many but the ones I have really do rip people off.

The CST above is really good tbh, loads of itinerary but you're looking at about £2500 all in with flights. Arguably worth it though with all you get.

I've seen others offering "deals" of £2700 pp for 8 nights (literally hotel and flights, not even any transfers) and that's just making way too much profit. No issue with people making money from it but 3-400 per person is way too much for me.

Just taking advantage of people who aren't confident enough to book.

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

Just booked our tickets for the south side standing and the Mercure Hotel at the ground for the Saturday night. Will have the big England flag with ST HELENS across the middle as usual so sure be on the TV again. Wont be able to make the St George game though unfortunately.

See you there!
    Gone Walkabout...

Starting A Programme Collection Red_V_Roger's Avatar
    Peregian Springs, (near Noosa) Queensland

We are coming down from Queensland - will stay in The Rocks Friday night then head out to Penrith early Saturday. We are staying in the Mercure Hotel at the ground Saturday night.
    Gone Walkabout...

Got A Season Ticket

Everyone I've spoken to, admittedly only 10-15 people have said South standing so hopefully everyone can go there.
    Is anyone sitting rather than standing or know where any Saints fans might be buying seats ?