Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New signing - Wesley Bruines

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    It was on the video on Saints TV yesterday Roby was saying they're back after Christmas. It's mentioned here too:

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...y-hand-injury/
    Cheers for that link, that’s a nice break for our World Cup lads. Should be refreshed for the start of next season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    The internationals aren't back til after Christmas - doubt we will see Lomax until then either.
    Had the same problem as Lomax 4 years ago and it took 4 months. Having the same op on the other shoulder in 3 weeks.
    Mind you Lomax is a lot younger than me.

Got A Replica Shirt

My worry with Dodd is that he's suffered the worst possible injury for a player whose game is based on quick changes of direction and a superb step.

Hope his Achilles holds up to it. We've seen what happened with Joe Cator when he came back from his.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Had the same problem as Lomax 4 years ago and it took 4 months. Having the same op on the other shoulder in 3 weeks.
    Mind you Lomax is a lot younger than me.

And with all due respect will also have better medical team looking after him.

Default New signing - Wesley Bruines

Reading Wello’s Q & A in the Star, there still seems to be worries about Percival. I can see him missing a lot of games again next season.

I wonder if with the right conditioning that Bruines may well play more games than envisaged. Hard to tell if he’s way off first team or not. The chances are he will be but we’ve seen meteoric rises to first team level before. Welsby was a similar age and frame when he first played if I remember correctly, perhaps a little bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Reading Wello’s Q & A in the Star, there still seems to be worries about Percival. I can see him missing a lot of games again next season.

I wonder if with the right conditioning that Bruines may well play more games than envisaged. Hard to tell if he’s way off first team or not. The chances are he will be but we’ve seen meteoric rises to first team level before. Welsby was a similar age and frame when he first played if I remember correctly, perhaps a little bigger.

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...te/?ref=twtrec

Also on Hopoate.

The physios have yet another "Baldrick cunning plan" , no indication of when he returns to training (all the other WC players specified on a staggered return) and until he went off he was "outstanding" against Samoa.

That's a bit of a stretch for me , got skinned for the first try , a forward pass for Tonga's try and then went off. Not the worst performance ever from a FB but certainly not "Outstanding".

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...te/?ref=twtrec

Also on Hopoate.

The physios have yet another "Baldrick cunning plan" , no indication of when he returns to training (all the other WC players specified on a staggered return) and until he went off he was "outstanding" against Samoa.

That's a bit of a stretch for me , got skinned for the first try , a forward pass for Tonga's try and then went off. Not the worst performance ever from a FB but certainly not "Outstanding".
    I still cant really understand why Hopoate chose to make himself available for the World Cup. I don't suppose that Saints could tell him not to take part if he was adamant he wanted to, but some common sense has to come into it from his side.

On a side note, it looks like he has been on holiday travelling round Italy for the past week - so hopefully not exerting himself too much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post

It doesn't sound great that does it. For the bone to still have not healed, it must be a big worry. It's been six months since he suffered that injury and they are talking about it still being an issue when the season starts. That would then suggest it's becoming a chronic problem and whilst he showed he can play on it at the end of last season, he possibly won't be able to play as many games as we'd like going forward. With Hopoate inevitably in a similar position and unlikely to play full games or consecutive games, we're going to be tested again next season it seems. The likes of Hurrell, Bruines and likely Ben Davies will be very important to us. Hopefully it goes well for them both, but worse case we could end up with two first team players retiring mid-season next year.

Great news on Dodd though, that's going to be like a new signing as well.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    ...Great news on Dodd though, that's going to be like a new signing as well.
    I just hope we all give him enough time to get his head around playing top level RL again.
    For some players, it isn't just the physical side of things that can take time to heal.

[QUOTE=Titan Saint;861943]And with all due respect will also have better medical team looking after him.[/QUOTE

If as reported in the star, it has healed itself, then I would suspect it was a minor tear, whereas I snapped the tendon completely.
    I don’t care how he has recovered, I’m just hoping that we have a fully fit team for the WCC.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    And with all due respect will also have better medical team looking after him.
    If as reported in the star, it has healed itself, then I would suspect it was a minor tear, whereas I snapped the tendon completely.
    I don’t care how he has recovered, I’m just hoping that we have a fully fit team for the WCC.
    Is this Lomax we're talking about here? They are saying Lomax has got used to the injury, which suggests to me that he's got it permanently now?

Is this Lomax we're talking about here? They are saying Lomax has got used to the injury, which suggests to me that he's got it permanently now?
    Yes we were discussing JL. I’m not sure whether it was the Star or Saints TV, but one of the articles mentioned it heating itself. I think it may be the same interview you are referring to. I think on Saints TV that they said something along the lines of “it’s healing itself and he is used to playing with it”.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ant84 View Post
    My worry with Dodd is that he's suffered the worst possible injury for a player whose game is based on quick changes of direction and a superb step.

Hope his Achilles holds up to it. We've seen what happened with Joe Cator when he came back from his.
    Aye it ruined Jai Fields career as well.

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    Aye it ruined Jai Fields career as well.
    Didn’t Field tear his hamstring?

Got A Season Ticket

Default New signing - Wesley Bruines

It doesn't sound great that does it. For the bone to still have not healed, it must be a big worry. It's been six months since he suffered that injury and they are talking about it still being an issue when the season starts. That would then suggest it's becoming a chronic problem and whilst he showed he can play on it at the end of last season, he possibly won't be able to play as many games as we'd like going forward. With Hopoate inevitably in a similar position and unlikely to play full games or consecutive games, we're going to be tested again next season it seems. The likes of Hurrell, Bruines and likely Ben Davies will be very important to us. Hopefully it goes well for them both, but worse case we could end up with two first team players retiring mid-season next year.

Great news on Dodd though, that's going to be like a new signing as well.
    I think part of the problem with Percy is, the medical team don’t really know how to treat it. Wello alluded to it in the Q&A and the fact they’ve had to research similar injuries to get a steer on treatments. I’m guessing there’s been some trial and error which may be why it’s taking so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Euler View Post
    Didn’t Field tear his hamstring?
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...njury-20279788

Exactly - so not his achilles. I don’t know how the two compare but Dodd’s injury is one of the worst a play of his ilk could pick up. Only need to look at the NFL statistics to see how many players ever return to pre-injury form. Fingers crossed for the lad.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Euler View Post
    Exactly - so not his achilles. I don’t know how the two compare but Dodd’s injury is one of the worst a play of his ilk could pick up. Only need to look at the NFL statistics to see how many players ever return to pre-injury form. Fingers crossed for the lad.
    Many sportsmen suffer no Ill effects from it with performance just as good as it was pre injury. He will be fine. Callum Hudson Odoi is the prime example.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Many sportsmen suffer no Ill effects from it with performance just as good as it was pre injury. He will be fine. Callum Hudson Odoi is the prime example.
    Things have moved on and techniques and rehab protocols are getting better all the time. In football it used to be assumed as a career ender, now it's a blow and a long break, but they always come back, even from multiple injuries.

This is another reason why signing a winger was so important, as Dodd will likely have to be given time to get his confidence back up and not be overplayed.

Things have moved on and techniques and rehab protocols are getting better all the time. In football it used to be assumed as a career ender, now it's a blow and a long break, but they always come back, even from multiple injuries.

This is another reason why signing a winger was so important, as Dodd will likely have to be given time to get his confidence back up and not be overplayed.
    Darnell McIntosh ruptured his achilles between leaving Hudds and going to Hull. He came through ok.

Paul Newlove snapped his and was never the same player.

A few years back a knee acl could be a career ender now with the development of medicine it is seen as an occupational hazzard.

I think we just need to wait and see and ease him in. It will be mental as much as physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Darnell McIntosh ruptured his achilles between leaving Hudds and going to Hull. He came through ok.

Paul Newlove snapped his and was never the same player.

A few years back a knee acl could be a career ender now with the development of medicine it is seen as an occupational hazzard.

I think we just need to wait and see and ease him in. It will be mental as much as physical.
    They usually say the odds of a full recovery is usually better with a younger player, a much older player doesn't have that same amount of elasticity in the tendons and hence lose some of that explosive acceleration after recovery.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Change in training method in modern contact/collision sports also has helped as well as improvements in medical treatments. The TB12 book outlines this change and how it benefits older sportsmen.

In The South Stand

I keep reading to see if anyone as warched Wessley Bruine training and can ay anything about him i am just interested .

I really hope that Saints don’t take Lomax, Al, Hoppa, Lewis, Percy and anyone remotely not 100% fit to Australia. Although still fingers crossed it won’t go ahead as latest news is Panthers have not agreed yet as they want 100,000 dollars guaranteed for the game which they haven’t got yet.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I really hope that Saints don’t take Lomax, Al, Hoppa, Lewis, Percy and anyone remotely not 100% fit to Australia. Although still fingers crossed it won’t go ahead as latest news is Panthers have not agreed yet as they want 100,000 dollars guaranteed for the game which they haven’t got yet.
    Without those 5 we may as well not bother. I want us to go as strong as possible, If Penrith ever get over themselves and play.