Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tee Ritson Signs

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Ritson will get lots of game time due to Hopoate having legs made of Biscuit.
    Bit harsh on biscuits, some of them are harder to break

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Bit harsh on biscuits, some of them are harder to break
    Think he is Garibaldi rather than Ginger Nut.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Good interview with him on Saints TV well worth a watch. He seems like he’s full of confidence and talks a lot about wanting to raise some eyebrows and entertain/impress the fans. Refers to the fact he’s not the finished article either and will thrive in a full time environment.

Really happy with the signing and excited to see how he goes for us.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Good interview with him on Saints TV well worth a watch. He seems like he’s full of confidence and talks a lot about wanting to raise some eyebrows and entertain/impress the fans. Refers to the fact he’s not the finished article either and will thrive in a full time environment.

Really happy with the signing and excited to see how he goes for us.
    Cheers YG, I’ll check that out later. Personally, I think he’ll work out well and will benefit from the clubs culture and conditioning.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    This lad has pace to burn........................BUT
    Can he catch a bomb and tackle this is what You Tube does not show?
    Who knows. But that can be coached and learnt.

Raw pace can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality bit of business from the club.

He is absolutely rapid and he can certainly finish, so I am excited to see how he goes. We were crying out for some raw pace once Regan had departed, and this lad has it in droves.

Got A Season Ticket Two Sugars Strong's Avatar

Let's get him Tee'd up and ready to go... I can't wait. Waiting for months to hear this.
    That's the Saints way...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Liked the story line about how he got the No 2_5 shirt saying how he can play on both wings at 2 and 5.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Liked the story line about how he got the No 2_5 shirt saying how he can play on both wings at 2 and 5.
    I thought that too. It’s a good signing getting him on loan for a year. I hope he does really well.

Just had a listen/watch of his interview on the website, comes across really level headed but assured, and very hungry to succeed and knows he has parts of his game to develop! Excited to see him in a Saints shirt.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fizzy rascal View Post
    Who knows. But that can be coached and learnt.

Raw pace can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly that. Grace was a bit dodgy under the highball at first. The club will of scouted him well,if he couldn't catch a bomb then clubs would of shingled him out by now.

As others have said,in a full time environment,with international players to help him out,he will go well. Certainly looking forward to seeing him put into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I thought that too. It’s a good signing getting him on loan for a year. I hope he does really well.
    Just spoke to a few of my Barrow mates, they were asking if Ritson could be loaned back to them for short spells. Told them thats between how Ritson settles in and gains confidence within the saints coaching culture. Hopefully he has the right temperment to let the club manage him on and off the field.

Ritson talked about his cup game with the Huddersfield Giants and knows whats coming around the corner in terms of pressure, game speed etc.

Speed wise seems to around the same pace as Senior (Giants).https://www.google.com/search?q=barr...id:euW2kPIbUuU
    Last edited by STIDDY; 8th November 2022 at 20:34.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

He also said he’s had a while to get his head around the move or words to that affect so it sounds like it’s been agreed a while.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Good luck to him. He should be good entertainment.

I wonder what the rules are with the loan. Does this mean he gets to go back to Barrow when not picked? There must be some benefits to doing it this way rather than just sign him outright.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

I wonder what the rules are with the loan. Does this mean he gets to go back to Barrow when not picked? There must be some benefits to doing it this way rather than just sign him outright.
    I might be wrong,but I seem to recall something about a player being on a season long loan being unable to play for another team. I think someone mentioned it when Smith went on loan for the season to Leigh.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post

Barrow's chairman has said this in their press release, so suggests they can take him for games if we don't select him

“The deal gives a safety net for Tee in that if he doesn’t make the Saints squad then Barrow have the option of recalling him to play for the Raiders."
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Barrow's chairman has said this in their press release, so suggests they can take him for games if we don't select him

“The deal gives a safety net for Tee in that if he doesn’t make the Saints squad then Barrow have the option of recalling him to play for the Raiders."
    I'm not sure if that's the case. He'd be on a season long loan and the only way for him to play for Barrow would be for them to terminate the season long loan deal. I take that as meaning Barrow will just have him back if it doesn't work out for him and he doesn't make it into the first team squad.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Good on the club for doing a deal for a player that could prove to be a very good signing. He looks an exciting player from the footage and he has every chance of commanding a first choice wing spot come the start of next season. Especially after a full pre-season in Saints' environment. He clearly has talent and it's a big opportunity, so it's down to him to apply himself and the club to get the best out of him.

If it doesn't work, it's only 1 year. At worst, it allows the club to use the development players and monitor the market for 2024. Sure Saints will be folowing Regan Grace's fortunes in RU, he could be looking for a new club then, who knows?

This seems shrewd business.

Just to say as well, think this signing shows the club's position on the speed and strike debate...

“His pace and athleticism are there for everyone to see and he’s had an impressive year as he was crowned the top try scorer in the championship last season.''- Paul Wellens.

Think the club have recognised it's an asset the squad was lacking in.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    In his interview he states it's his first time working in a full time environment and that he can't wait to get started in it. I suspect the loan deal will see him paid a bump by us, he won't just be on his Barrow wage.
    So this is where the club may have been very clever (eclipsing the Knowles fiasco).

4.6.1 The temporary transfer of a player by way of a loan shall be treated as a permanent transfer. Accordingly;

(a) where a Super League Club is the loaning Club, the player shall cease to be considered to be a Player of that Club for the purpose of calculating its Club Salary Cap Qualifying Costs for the duration of the Loan.

Example: Where a Player with starting Salary Cap Qualifying Costs of £40,000 goes on loan for 3 months, the Players Salary Cap Qualifying Costs shall be reduced by 3/12ths (I.e. £10,000 to £30,000.

(b) where a Super League Club is the loanee Club, the Player shall be considered to be a Player of that loanee Club for the purpose of calculating its Club Salary Cap Qualifying Costs for the duration of the Loan.

For the avoidance of doubt any agreement reached between the clubs from and to which a player is loaned as to who pays the players salary (or part thereof) has no relevance to the treatment of the Player in accordance of this clause.
    As far as I’m aware, this is the first instance of a player becoming full time through the process of a loan, and there certainly doesn’t seem to be any accountancy for this situation. It’s not a huge deal, but the club getting Ritson for the value of his part term Barrow contract may be the difference between being able to keep an OOC player and not this year.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    He also said he’s had a while to get his head around the move or words to that affect so it sounds like it’s been agreed a while.
    Suspect Paasi and Batchelors extensions were only triggered after it was signed.

Looking forward to seeing him playing for Saints but then again I felt the same way about Brimah Kebbie.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Where’s the fan girl Jonathan Doh or whatever he’s called? Thought he had a great job and wasn’t interested in saints??

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cojam24 View Post
    I seem to remember the last winger signed from Barrow didn't do to badly.
    No brainer to bring Ritson in especially on these arrangements
    Aye. Les Quirk was a cracker..

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Looking forward to seeing him playing for Saints but then again I felt the same way about Brimah Kebbie.
    He was class, we didn't give him enough time.

Sent from a mate who works at the Barrow club, a Q + A with a bit more detail.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&sfnsn=scwspmo

The intersting bit is that they don't want Ritson lingering in the Saints Reserve Squad but rather he plays championship games with Barrow. Does this mean he may be thrown into the deep end to avoid to and fro with the Barrow Club.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 9th November 2022 at 08:41.