Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tee Ritson Signs

Default Tee Ritson Signs

12 month loan deal confirmed. We have the option to sign permanently if this year goes well.

Smart signing by Saints, especially the loan aspect.

In The South Stand

Looks good business. It works, we sign him. It doesn’t, he was only on loan and goes back to Barrow.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

3,000 voices on here suddenly cried out in pain as the club announces a signing. Love it. Great move by the club, not overcommitting in case it doesn't work out, a try before you buy is a smart move. Incentivises him and doesn't lock in the expense on the cap.

Made up with this, can't wait to see him flying down the wing with Bevan French looking like Dawn French behind him.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Shrewd move with the loan.

Got A Season Ticket grungellamas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    3,000 voices on here suddenly cried out in pain as the club announces a signing. Love it. Great move by the club, not overcommitting in case it doesn't work out, a try before you buy is a smart move. Incentivises him and doesn't lock in the expense on the cap.

Made up with this, can't wait to see him flying down the wing with Bevan French looking like Dawn French behind him.

Learning All The Songs

Common sense move, if it works out we can offer him a full time deal, if it doesnt its cost us nothing and he can go back to Barrow.

Learning All The Songs

the missing squad number 25 I presume?

Learning All The Songs

Wasn't one I was in favour of, but on a year long loan deal is a really good piece of business. Hopefully he can prove my doubts wrong and kick on but if not we aren't committed into a deal.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Excellent. I wasn’t thrilled about going into the season with no replacement for Grace. Be interesting to see if he plays on the right wing and Tommy moves to the left like he does for England. Or whether Ritson slots in down the left. Just thinking Hurrell and Ritson might be vulnerable defensively, as much as they might be a great attacking prospect!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Great business for all. Gives us no commitment and gives Barrow a half chance of taking him back

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    the missing squad number 25 I presume?
    Yeah Saints have confirmed he will take the 25 jersey.

Smart move I think. Won't break the bank, not over committing and can see how he does before weighing up our options for the year after. Gives us more depth in the backline and I think he'll play plenty games given Hopoate's run of injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Think he’ll just be a stop gap between now and 2024 where we will target a Murphy or Davies signing.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

I seem to remember the last winger signed from Barrow didn't do to badly.
    No brainer to bring Ritson in especially on these arrangements

In The South Stand

Good news,he is lighting fast,looking forward to seeing him play for us.

In The West Stand

Forgive my ignorance but has it been announced anywhere that Ritson is full time?

From a cap perspective, since it’s a loan, his full Barrow contract is on the Saints cap, but presumably that’s his part time contract meaning that it’s presumably a much smaller cap value than if we signed him on a new, full time contract?

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

In The South Stand

Love the quote from Wellens, "There were a lot of simps saying to go with what we have, but I was convinced by Saddened!, he knows his stuff and knew we needed a winger. We were short on competition in the backs anyway. Tee is a player we’ve been watching a lot this season, especially once we knew we’d be looking at the season with one less winger and we’d need more competition within the squad".

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but has it been announced anywhere that Ritson is full time?

From a cap perspective, since it’s a loan, his full Barrow contract is on the Saints cap, but presumably that’s his part time contract meaning that it’s presumably a much smaller cap value than if we signed him on a new, full time contract?
    In his interview he states it's his first time working in a full time environment and that he can't wait to get started in it. I suspect the loan deal will see him paid a bump by us, he won't just be on his Barrow wage.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Nice bit of work by both clubs to allow a bit of flexibility with the player on his progression. Paul Crarey barrow coach mentioned he had a release clause in his current contract for a release to a superleague club.

Think he still has 2 years left on his current contract, 1 year on loan with Saints final year if a success we buy out his final year contract. Sounds as though Saints have done a deal to ensure he’s not going to left on a limb. Other superleague clubs have been interested but Saints do seem to have that special connection with Barrow. Wonder if we talked about loan players going the other way.

I believe Ritson was full time at the club by doing a community position in and around the Furness area.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 8th November 2022 at 18:45.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saddened! View Post
    love the quote from wellens, "there were a lot of simps saying to go with what we have, but i was convinced by saddened!, he knows his stuff and knew we needed a winger. We were short on competition in the backs anyway. Tee is a player we’ve been watching a lot this season, especially once we knew we’d be looking at the season with one less winger and we’d need more competition within the squad".

Learning All The Songs

This lad has pace to burn........................BUT
    Can he catch a bomb and tackle this is what You Tube does not show?

Learning All The Songs

Had plenty of game time and highly regarded by Barrow what's not to like. Personally i feel we need to recruit another experienced back on top of this. Got a few players prone to long absences.

Learning All The Songs

Ritson will get lots of game time due to Hopoate having legs made of Biscuit.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post