Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 151

Thread: Tee Ritson Signs

  1. #101
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,033
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Now, which does he play for Barrow or Swinton?
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/...efits-parties/
    Heís a Barrow player on loan to Saints. If he doesnít play for us he plays for them. End of.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  2. #102
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,844
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Hes on loan to us, i would assume we cannot send a player on loan to us out on dual reg.
    No, we cannot. However, I'm not sure a player has ever gone on a seasons loan to a club and gone back to play for his parent club during that time? Is there even a mechanism for that? There must be, Rushy and his boys aren't daft.

  3. #103
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Neither he's on a season long loan,he plays for Saints
    One of the reasons Barrow will have pushed for the initial season long loan deal scenario would have been to prevent Ritson going out on loan to Championship contenders if not selected to play in a first team game.

  4. #104
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,426
    Rep Power
    19

  5. #105
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    9,540
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    I hope Percy is as unselfish as Miloudi.

  6. #106
    In The South Stand Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,987
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I hope Percy is as unselfish as Miloudi.
    I hope Ritson plays down the right.

    As well as sorting his knee and hamstrings , Percival needs to address his Bostick Bailey tendencies.

  7. #107
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    9,540
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    I hope Ritson plays down the right.

    As well as sorting his knee and hamstrings , Percival needs to address his Bostick Bailey tendencies.
    Not sure about Ritson and Konnie defending on the same side, though I haven’t seen Ritson defend. The one thing about putting him on the right is that TM can play either wing and probably has the character and respect to tell Percy what he wants.

  8. #108
    Got A Season Ticket Supersaint11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Formerly St.Helens, now Sydney
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not sure about Ritson and Konnie defending on the same side, though I haven’t seen Ritson defend. The one thing about putting him on the right is that TM can play either wing and probably has the character and respect to tell Percy what he wants.
    He played outside Miloudi @ Barrow.
    Similar style centre to Hurrell.
    He benefits from a centre who can bash, barge and offload
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

  9. #109
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    9,540
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint11 View Post
    He played outside Miloudi @ Barrow.
    Similar style centre to Hurrell.
    He benefits from a centre who can bash, barge and offload
    He had a good partnership with Miloudi. From an attacking perspective he would do well outside of Konnie, It's just that the latter has a propensity to run out of the line or get beaten by someone with a bit of footwork.

  10. #110
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,840
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He had a good partnership with Miloudi. From an attacking perspective he would do well outside of Konnie, It's just that the latter has a propensity to run out of the line or get beaten by someone with a bit of footwork.
    The centre shooting out was a feature of Woolf's defence, Naiqama used to do it as well. Be interesting to see if Wello keeps that up or goes more his own style.

  11. #111
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    9,540
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    The centre shooting out was a feature of Woolf's defence, Naiqama used to do it as well. Be interesting to see if Wello keeps that up or goes more his own style.
    Good point about KN doing it. We knew Tommy was solid outside him, and maybe Ritson will be the same; if he plays that side.

  12. #112
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Latest Video from the club show Tee killing it at training. Hope he shows he has the other attributes to be Regan's replacement?

  13. #113
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    7,359
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Latest Video from the club show Tee killing it at training. Hope he shows he has the other attributes to be Regan's replacement?
    One of those training videos it showed a player on the wing who stepped a player from a standing start and was mighty impressive, only realised after a couple of replays it was Ritson.

  14. #114
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,627
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    One of those training videos it showed a player on the wing who stepped a player from a standing start and was mighty impressive, only realised after a couple of replays it was Ritson.
    He's very quick and could be astute signing, But if he can't defend and catch a bomb then he'll quickly get found out?

  15. #115
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    7,359
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    He's very quick and could be astute signing, But if he can't defend and catch a bomb then he'll quickly get found out?
    That was his weakness when he was at Workington and Newcastle and at the start of his career with Barrow Raiders, couple of mates from Barrow have mentioned the same thing his improvement last season was his defence. I agree he will be found out in Superleague there is a lot more pressure than the championship, probably all be down to coaching......Grace struggled a bit with the high bombs and keeping hold of the ball on impact early days and he became one of the best later.

  16. #116
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,844
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    That was his weakness when he was at Workington and Newcastle and at the start of his career with Barrow Raiders, couple of mates from Barrow have mentioned the same thing his improvement last season was his defence. I agree he will be found out in Superleague there is a lot more pressure than the championship, probably all be down to coaching......Grace struggled a bit with the high bombs and keeping hold of the ball on impact early days and he became one of the best later.
    Defending is overrated. Field and French can't tackle and they're both lauded as superstars. He'll obviously need some help in certain situations due to his size, but it was the same with Regan as you mention. If we're in a position where Yaha is crashballing it over from 5 yards out against him, we can't really blame Ritson can we. Him and Bruines are the two exciting things about next season, along with Dodd returning. Hopefully they all work out. I'd like to see Ritson outside Percy as he can cover for him defensively. Same with Tommy and Konrad, Tommy can help out defensively. The mistake would be putting Ritson with Hurrell too early in the season, before he's up to speed.

  17. #117
    Got A Replica Shirt Brian Nazareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    That was his weakness when he was at Workington and Newcastle and at the start of his career with Barrow Raiders, couple of mates from Barrow have mentioned the same thing his improvement last season was his defence. I agree he will be found out in Superleague there is a lot more pressure than the championship, probably all be down to coaching......Grace struggled a bit with the high bombs and keeping hold of the ball on impact early days and he became one of the best later.
    Grace had the advantage of him starting in the 1st team when we were just recovering from being rock-bottom (relative to us, and what had come in the years before). We were a team that was evolving, and he was part of that. Yes, there were the usual miserable git fans who love to get on a player's back for the slightest reason, but most were prepared to cut him some slack with his defence/bomb-diffusal as he developed.

    We're now 4 consecutive SL titles on, and expected by fans to continue stay at the top. Fans want 'finished articles' brought in to replace finished article players who leave.

    I think Ritson has a wealth of talent with the ball in hand and needs to be given time to get used to SL and work on any areas in his game needing improvement. However, I fear that some of the more over-entitled fans will quickly turn on him if he makes a few errors (unless he's scoring loads of tries!)
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

  18. #118
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Defending is overrated. Field and French can't tackle and they're both lauded as superstars. He'll obviously need some help in certain situations due to his size, but it was the same with Regan as you mention. If we're in a position where Yaha is crashballing it over from 5 yards out against him, we can't really blame Ritson can we. Him and Bruines are the two exciting things about next season, along with Dodd returning. Hopefully they all work out. I'd like to see Ritson outside Percy as he can cover for him defensively. Same with Tommy and Konrad, Tommy can help out defensively. The mistake would be putting Ritson with Hurrell too early in the season, before he's up to speed.
    If he plays outside Percival he will get zero ball ....Grace's tries was definitely not down to his centre!

  19. #119
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,015
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    If he plays outside Percival he will get zero ball ....Grace's tries was definitely not down to his centre!
    Or he could get a lot of ball from a cut out pass or pass out the back, if the winger gets dragged in to help the centre out on Percy then the winger gets room, Percivals presence created space for Grace outside him, theres no reason why that wont continue.

  20. #120
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    If he plays outside Percival he will get zero ball ....Grace's tries was definitely not down to his centre!
    Not so sure about this. Percy is quite capable of making space on the outside for his winger but, for all his excellent qualities, Grace never seemed very keen to take on the defence on the outside, and if he was just going to take it up 10m and then step inside Percy may as well do the same (and avoid risking the pass). I'd like to think that if he had a winger outside him who would back himself if given a yard he might be more inclined to pass. (Although maybe the habit is too ingrained now)

  21. #121
    In The South Stand Tabasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rivington Road, St Helens
    Posts
    2,839
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DewiSant View Post
    Not so sure about this. Percy is quite capable of making space on the outside for his winger but, for all his excellent qualities, Grace never seemed very keen to take on the defence on the outside, and if he was just going to take it up 10m and then step inside Percy may as well do the same (and avoid risking the pass). I'd like to think that if he had a winger outside him who would back himself if given a yard he might be more inclined to pass. (Although maybe the habit is too ingrained now)
    And Percival is still able to pass to his winger if itís appropriate - Doddís try at Headingley last season came from Bennisonís inside pass after Percy had put him away with a Gidley-esque flick.

  22. #122
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    7,359
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    And Percival is still able to pass to his winger if itís appropriate - Doddís try at Headingley last season came from Bennisonís inside pass after Percy had put him away with a Gidley-esque flick.
    I think the first couple of seasons Grace didn't read the game all that well and didn't give Percival a lot of options by coming inside, at times a Percival pass to him was a "dead ball into a cul de sac" so Percival went solo. Things got better for Percival and Grace when Coote and Lomax linked up on that edge with set up plays.

  23. #123
    Got A Replica Shirt Brian Nazareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    A short interview with him on Radio Merseyside this evening. Came across as ambitious and confident, and really grateful for the opportunity here; he's had to battle for every step of his career. I so hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands and scorches it.
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

  24. #124
    Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    A short interview with him on Radio Merseyside this evening. Came across as ambitious and confident, and really grateful for the opportunity here; he's had to battle for every step of his career. I so hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands and scorches it.
    Does anyone with contacts within the club know how he's being going in training, now being in a full-time, professional environment...has he been impressing the existing squad and/or the coaching staff?
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

  25. #125
    really is sorry Reacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wigan
    Age
    47
    Posts
    11,548
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Does anyone with contacts within the club know how he's being going in training, now being in a full-time, professional environment...has he been impressing the existing squad and/or the coaching staff?
    Makinson said heís killing it. Looks really good and is putting the hard yards in


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •